Whole Lotta Helter Skelter-Led Zeppelin Beatles Mashup

Like it.

Does not beat the Sabbath one though, that one really is smashing.

The Sabbath one is very good, but I think the Beatles one beats it certainly. But, that's just me since I like the Beatles so much more than Sabbath, as they are second to Zeppelin for me.

Found this yesterday on the site that Jimmy uses for the audio clips on the OTD feature. This is pretty cool and done really well. The two songs work well with each other. Give it a listen and see what you think.

http://soundcloud.co...le-lotta-helter

To be honest, I don't particularly care for mash-ups so I almost didn't click on your link but I did so only because it features two of my very favorite rock songs. I like hearing these songs together and, technically, I think it's very well done. Thanks for finding and posting this, SuperDave - I'm going to share it.

Anyone have any idea when Robert says at at the conclusion, "And that's the end", where that came from? Sounds very clean. Possibly something from the BBC that was left off of a recording. Not sure.

Anyone have any idea when Robert says at at the conclusion, "And that's the end", where that came from? Sounds very clean. Possibly something from the BBC that was left off of a recording. Not sure.

It comes from the Led Zeppelin II multitracks that recently found their way out into the wild. In fact, I assume all the Whole Lotta Love stuff in the mashup comes from the multitracks.

It comes from the Led Zeppelin II multitracks that recently found their way out into the wild. In fact, I assume all the Whole Lotta Love stuff in the mashup comes from the multitracks.

Thanks. Very interesting if true. I'll take your word for it.

• 1 month later...

The word 'Soundhog', and the exact symbol used in the mock-up album, is a cassette brand (for blanks) that dates back to the 60's. I'm way to young to recall them at the time, but my uncle and dad had several that have stood the test of time. They had a slightly different way of opening. Terrific mixes all the same. WLL seems to work well with several others. Indeed, check out the link below for WLL with James Brown's Sex Machine, another good one.

• 6 years later...
On 3/2/2019 at 7:09 PM, JohnOsbourne said:

Bumping this thread.  Just heard this for the first time (on Sirius' "Underground Garage" station), it's genius.

Yes, me as well.

Archived