Jimmy Attended Teenage Cancer Trust Gig on 28/03/2012

kenog

Back in February, I posted on the 'Other Bands' forum regarding the upcoming Teenage Cancer Trust Gigs at The Royal Albert Hall. According to Ross Halfin's diary, he and Jimmy attended the concert on Wednesday, 28th March. Details below.

March 28

A night at the TCT at the Albert Hall.
I went with Jimmy Page
we both wanted to see Roger Daltrey play his acoustic set - which we missed… So, we got there in time for Kelly Jones who to be honest was boring, with Ronnie Wood doing Oh La La and an even more boring Beatles song. Paul Weller and band played an acoustic set of hits.

Roger came back and played The Kids Are Alright , Who Are You and Behind Blue Eyes, which I've heard so much I wouldn't care if I never heard it again. It's the Who's Smoke On The Water. Then Amy McDonald was sort of okay, she gave her best on Born To Run. Followed by Steve Winwood who was amazing. I mean he was so good he got us on our feet. Higher Love and a long, jammed Gimme Some Loving - his playing and voice were to die for…

Roger finished the night with Pinball Wizard, I Can See For Miles, Won't Get Fooled Again and Young Man Blues. His band were, and I have to say this, better than I've seen The Who in years. The playing was like the records and his voice was perfect, it was exciting. His guitarist was playing a Gibson with lots of attack. The night just got better and better. I left during Baba O'Reilly when Kelly Jones and Ronnie reappeared both doing sort of nothing. But still a great night.

Black-Dog,

Jimmy played there in 2002. The line up was The Paul Weller Band with Jimmy Page, Gary Moore, Robert Plant and The Strange Sensation.

i wonder if there any video's or audio from this show online? i checked youtube and came up empty....

You can download it on "dimeadozen". I saw only a short video of Jimmy with ABC Trust i think on youtube, with his wife Jimena.

My anti-virus program tagged "dimeadozen" a malicious site. Thanks anyway. BTW i was hoping to find the performaces online. I'll keep searching.....Its gotta be somewhere.

My anti-virus program tagged "dimeadozen" a malicious site. Thanks anyway. BTW i was hoping to find the performaces online. I'll keep searching.....Its gotta be somewhere.

I've never had problems with that site.

I've never had problems with that site.

I dont like taking chances, it is just not worth it. I'll find it eventually hopefully as i would really love to see it or at least hear it. Funny i never even knew or heard about this performance.

Still coming up empty :(

I dont like taking chances, it is just not worth it. I'll find it eventually hopefully as i would really love to see it or at least hear it. Funny i never even knew or heard about this performance.

Still coming up empty :(

I've been using Dime for almost six years without any issues whatsoever. I just grabbed the afformentioned DAC and am listening to it now.

I've been using Dime for almost six years without any issues whatsoever. I just grabbed the afformentioned DAC and am listening to it now.

Can you provide a link directly to the performance? It would be very much appreciated!!

Can you provide a link directly to the performance? It would be very much appreciated!!

Sorry no. Dime is members only. Have you tried You Tube?......Edit, oh I see you did.

Sorry no. Dime is members only. Have you tried You Tube?

AhHA my mistake. As soon as you said members i knew there had to be a legitimate site so i googled DimeADozen and noticed the site was .org and not .com which was at 1st is what i used. i am now in the site and my anti virus program is no longer tagging the site malicious. Thanks for that bit of info "Dime is members only" as it will now enable me to listen to this performance.

Archived