People who don't spell "Zeppelin" correctly.

BlackDog71

Peaches Records And Tapes

729664431_1281835243.jpg

I remember well when the warehouse record store Peaches Records And Tapes opened in Dallas around 1975.

When Zeppelin's double-lp Physical Graffiti came out, Peaches advertised this on an outdoor marquee, but the morons who put the letters up, misspelled Zeppelin as "Zepplin". (Not shown in this picture).

You would think a large chain store that had as it's main business as records and tapes, could get the spelling right, on one of the world's largest bands at the time.

There is a Peaches Records that has been open for a few years in the heart of the French Quarter (where Tower Records used to be)..It's a pretty big store. I'm assuming this is the same chain? They've only been around here for 6-8 years, or so.

^ I've never seen them refer to themselves as 'The Cream', but I really don't care because I don't like them.

I've heard them referred to as "The Cream" as in "the cream of the crop". I've also seen members of Pink Floyd refer to the band as the Pink Floyd. During the 80's I recall Letterman making it a point to not refer to Indigo Girls or Talking Heads as the Indigo Girls or the Talking Heads. I'm not sure when it became a thing to make it a point to drop the "the" but it seems like there's always a resurgence of "the" bands lurking just around the corner. Methinks the last time that happened we got The Strokes, The Libertines, The Hives, The White Stripes, etc.

There is a Peaches Records that has been open for a few years in the heart of the French Quarter (where Tower Records used to be)..It's a pretty big store. I'm assuming this is the same chain? They've only been around here for 6-8 years, or so.

It's either part of that defunt chain, or, the copyright/trademark use of Peaches has expired from the original chain, and they've picked it up....

Archived