Forthcoming LZ Book Releases

kenog

Thank you for sharing aen27. This book along with the dvd and Brad Tolinski's book are making for a brilliant Autumn. :yay:

You're welcome, MissMelanie. I am also greatly looking forward to those as well as the Get the Led Out book.

Also this isn't Zeppelin but somewhat related, there is also a brand new William Burges book that has been newly revised coming out in November called "William Burges and the High Victorian Dream." I am wondering if Jimmy was contacted as Tower House isn't open to the public and it was the last thing Burges designed and built. He was the first owner of the house. I can't wait for this too. :D

http://www.amazon.com/William-Burges-High-Victorian-Dream/dp/0711233497/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1347633881&sr=1-1&keywords=william+burges+and+the+high+victorian+dream

• 3 weeks later...

An Oral History Of Led Zeppelin's Physical Graffiti

An exclusive extract Trampled Under Foot, Barney Hoskyns' new oral history of Led Zeppelin

Danny Markus: artist relations manager in Atlantic's midwest office

In many respects the audience was ahead of the company. Everyone knew internally that the next Zeppelin record was going to be really big, but I never saw an album sell as much as Graffiti. You'd go to stores and there were lines and everybody was waiting to buy the same record.

the rest here

http://thequietus.co...pled-under-foot

I have figured out that Trampled Underfoot and Oral History are probobly the same book. My copy of Trampled Underfoot came yesterday and I have not been able to stop reading it. It is mostly just filled with interviews with just about everybody, including old ones with Peter and Bonzo. It also has many new stories and a few very rare pictures I have never seen. It looks better than When Giants Walked the Earth. One was Jimmy who said Paul was hard to work with which made the Firm not an easy band to be in. And that's just one thing. Trampled Underfoot, I think must be the British verison that just came out this week.

Thank you, I was on Amazon this morning trying to figure out which one to buy and what the difference was.

James Stourton, author of "Great Houses of London" (Frances Lincoln, October 16, 2012) will give a conference about his book at the Victoria and Albert Museum.

Date: Monday, November 26, 2012 - 19:00 - 20:45

Cost: £15 (including wine reception from 20.00 to 20.45)

Booking information: Booking opens on Tuesday 26 June 2012 at 09.30. To book call Membership Events on 020 7942 2277.

James Stourton, Chairman of Sotheby’s, will be discussing some of the lesser known architectural gems of London, offering Members a glimpse inside some extraordinary houses, most of which are inaccessible to the general public. These range from the romantic seventeenth-century Ashburnham House, nestling in the shadow of Westminster Abbey, to the curious and quirky Arts and Crafts houses of Holland Park and Kensington.

The book discusses, among others, Jimmy Page's Tower House. More information on the links below:

51-00%2Ba%2BZvL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU02_.jpg

Description from the publisher:

Great Houses of London

James Stourton

Photographs by Fritz von der Schulenburg

The great houses of London represent one of the marvels of English architecture, disguised behind sober facades hiding astonishing riches within.

This book ranges from the romantic 17th century Ashburnham House, nestling in the shadow of Westminster Abbey, through the splendid 18th century aristocratic palaces of the West End, to the quirky arts and crafts houses of Holland Park and Kensington, to the cool modernist houses of Hampstead and the exuberant post-modern interiors of the last 30 years.

Every house has its own story to tell. This might be the colourful history of the occupants (such as the Duke

of Wellington entertaining ladies at Apsley House),

the great art collections they held (the Titians at Bridgewater House or Sam Courtauld's Impressionist paintings at Home House), or the architectural wonders of William Kent's 44 Berkeley Square and Burges's Tower House in Melbury Road. The book promises to be a great revelation.

James Stourton is chairman for Southeby's UK. He writes regularly for The Times, Daily Telegraph, Independent, Spectator and Apollo.

Fritz Von Der Schulenburg has achieved international acclaim with a photographic career spanning 35 years.

£40.00 • Hardback • 978-0-7112-3366-9 • 305 x 250mm • 352pp over 300 new colour photos & 20 archive photos • October 2012

Archived