LZ songs just you don't like...

DragonTelecaster

Well to each his or her own, but I just don't get how anyone can't like 'Tea For One' or 'I'm Gonna Crawl'. Those guitar solos are skin on skin sexy.

'Down By The Seaside' - meh...

But mostly it depends my mood as to which Zep song stays on till the end.

'Down By The Seaside' - meh...

I have grown to love this song like all the songs on PG. I think this is a list that most people have their personal tastes show. It's all a matter of opinion. That's what makes Zeppelin so great, they are a rare band that has at least one song everyone who listens to music can get into.

Umm, for me there's probably really only one song I actively dislike, and that's D'yer Maker. There's a bunch that I think are kind of ordinary, and they are:

Your Time Is Gonna Come (chorus is not exactly inventive)

I Can't Quit You Baby (not a classic blues)

Thank You (very much of its time)

Moby Dick (don't need drum solos on studio albums, despite the great riff that starts and ends the piece)

The Crunge (fun, but throw-away)

Dancing Days (I find the riff a bit monotonous)

The Ocean (really annoying, as I LOVE most of the song, but find the doo-wop stuff tacked on the end a bit lazy and deflating)

Down By The Seaside (pretty twee, although I love the middle section)

Boogie With Stu (throwaway)

Tea For One (a bit tedious, but has it's moments)

Poor Tom (not much of a song, more of a groove)

South Bound Saurez (throwaway, and doesn't really sound much like a Zep song to me)

Fool In The Rain (not bad and quite inventive, but it goes on way too long)

Hot Dog (throwaway, with a sloppy solo)

Darlene (fun, but not exactly essential)

Then there's the stuff where not only are the songs a bit ordinary, but I can't stand the production! They are:

In The Evening (the synth sound is horribly dated; Page's riff sounds tired and monotonous; it goes on too long, and the vocals are produced and mixed in such a way that you can barely understand a word)

Carouselambra (once again, the synth sounds are so much "of their time", and Robert's vocals are so submerged it's ridiculous. Also goes on too long)

All My Love (very "pop", but again it's the synth sounds that don't float my boat)

I'm Gonna Crawl (great solo, but apart from the Mantovani bit at the beginning - those bloody sythns again! - it just sounds tired)

Walter's Walk (awful production, and not much of a song. It doesn't matter if the drums were recorded in Headly Grange and sound huge - you've still got to have a song. The vocals are hard to make out, too. Glad they turned part of this into Hots On For Nowhere)

Bonzo's Montreaz (as in Moby Dick, we don't need drum solos on studio albums. And this one doesn't even have a great riff at the beginning and end. Skip!)

Ozone Baby (not much of a song, and the vocals are annoying)

Wearing and Tearing (their most overrated outtake? The riff, with it's major, rather than minor, notes is hardly breathtaking. To me this is all noise and bluster - a million miles from their best)

After all that, I think everything else in their catalogue is fantastic. Sure, we've all OD'd on the radio staples like Whole Lotta Love, Rock'n'Roll etc, but that doesn't mean that these aren't landmark songs, performances and recordings.

Andrew

I have grown to love this song like all the songs on PG. I think this is a list that most people have their personal tastes show. It's all a matter of opinion. That's what makes Zeppelin so great, they are a rare band that has at least one song everyone who listens to music can get into.

For sure. And more to your point, there are many songs and artists outside of (but including) Zep that I've grown to love over time. Kind of like when I was younger, I hated dark chocolate and red wine and now love both, particularly together :)

For sure. And more to your point, there are many songs and artists outside of (but including) Zep that I've grown to love over time. Kind of like when I was younger, I hated dark chocolate and red wine and now love both, particularly together :)

Ha ha ha with you there P! ;)

...C'mon, we all have some that you just don't like or won't listen to. I know we're all LZ fans here, but there has to be a few songs on your list.

Here's my list, as much as I hate to admit it:

In no particular order...

• Hot Dog
  • Carouselambra
  • Celebration Day
  • South Bound Suarez (Saurez; mis-spelled on the record label)
  • Tea For One
  • White Summer (can only listen to it a few times before I'm ready to move on to the next song)
  • Out On The Tiles

I know this may rub a few LZ fans raw, but I have to be honest. I love LZ's music, but those are just a few songs of theirs that I just can't listen to. Believe it or not, even D'yer Mak'er doesn't float my boat sometimes.

Fire away!

DT

Tea For One is a GREAT song, in fact there is not one song I dislike

I thought I wasn't going to like any of the songs on Coda, because they're out-takes; but I love that whole album as much as III, Presence, In Through the Out Door, and Houses of the Holy

Only song I don't like is Night Flight, but then that's only because the rest of that album (Physical Graffiti) is so good; the song before it - Ten Years Gone - is fantastic, and the next track is one of my absolute favourites and one of the most influential rock groove riffs of all time: The Wanton Song

Hot Dog

Black Mountain Side

Carouselambra (agree with the after five minutes thing)

Living Loving Maid (once read an interview with Plant where he said that he and Page "wince" when they hear this on the radio)

South Bound Saurez

Over The Hills And Far Away (I know. I'm an idiot.)

Moby Dick (studio)

The Rain Song (studio)

Hats Off To (Roy) Harper

It kills me when people don't like Tea For One, D'yer Mak'er, or In The Evening.

Trampled Under Foot. My Led Zeppelin Tumblr essay.

http://petedelorean.tumblr.com/

"In The Light" by far........"Hats Off" is a million times better than this....i am really suprised that no one mentioned above in the light .....a weird and scary song for me....i always skip it

What!? :huh::P

"In The Light" is easily my favorite song on Physical Graffiti. I still remember the first time I heard it. The drone of the bowed guitar and synth intro is just epic. I agree that It is a bit of a departure from the rest of PG, but I couldn't imagine the album without it.

What!? :huh::P

"In The Light" is easily my favorite song on Physical Graffiti. I still remember the first time I heard it. The drone of the bowed guitar and synth intro is just epic. I agree that It is a bit of a departure from the rest of PG, but I couldn't imagine the album without it.

This, definately. My favorite LZ song for a while, still top five.

I don't like Fool in the Rain.

Archived