LZ songs just you don't like...

DragonTelecaster

1 - Black Mountain Side

2 - Living Loving Maid

3 - Hats Off to Roy Harper

PG - Trampled Underfoot (I will probably be shunned for this, but I have never liked this song), Sick Again

Of those songs, I'd say 'Living Loving Maid (She's Just a Woman)' is the weakest, but the rest are great!

'Sick Again' is one of my absolute favourites, not just from that album, but of all the band's stuff. When Bonzo's drums really kick in and it goes from being just another rock song to being a real ballbreaker

Baoum-BaoumBaoum-Baoum-Baaoouumm! Durdldld, Durdldld, Durdldld, Durdldld...

I just love everything about that song. The intro, the solo, the sound, the vocals, the production, the structure, the ending. All brilliant

Carouselambra and a lot of the 80s sounding stuff like Ozone Baby off of Coda. Although Carouselambrahas that big thick guitar part in the middle for anyone brave enough to make it that far. I always thought In The evening was lazy songwriting too.

In The Evening is a classic, as are all Led Zeppelin songs. I always thought that 80s music was synthesisers, Just take a listen to McCartneyII

In The Evening is a classic, as are all Led Zeppelin songs. I always thought that 80s music was synthesisers, Just take a listen to McCartneyII

I thought 'In the Evening' should've been played at the Ahmet Ertegün Tribute. Not only is it fantastic, but Robert's vocal style at the show really suited that song, and it would've been great for them to do something from that album

And I'm sure the slowed-down guitar solo section of 'In the Evening' is DEFINITELY Dave Gilmour!

I thought 'In the Evening' should've been played at the Ahmet Ertegün Tribute. Not only is it fantastic, but Robert's vocal style at the show really suited that song, and it would've been great for them to do something from that album

And I'm sure the slowed-down guitar solo section of 'In the Evening' is DEFINITELY Dave Gilmour!

Since you used such emphatic declarative words, you must have some documentation, some proof of fact?

Since you used such emphatic declarative words, you must have some documentation, some proof of fact?

Nah, nothing like that. Just years of listening to Pink Floyd. Maybe I got kinda carried away

But seriously, the solo in 'In the Evening' is one of my all-time Page favourites. I really like that whole album, even 'Carouselambra' and 'Hot Dog', which seem to have been singled out as low-points

I can't remember if I posted in this thread or not, but I've never been very keen on "D'yer Maker" or "Hot Dog".

What is about 'Hot Dog' people don't like? It's fun, energetic, got good guitar playing, has a sense of humour about it... And is that a honky-tonk piano in there, too?

And the solo in ‘D'yer Mak'er’ is great, with a really good beat from Bonzo

I can't remember if I posted in this thread or not, but I've never been very keen on "D'yer Maker" or "Hot Dog".

Really !! Why does Everybody Hate Hot Dog, It's such a fun song, with good musicality from the four members of the band, D'yer Mak'er is perhaps a bit too Un-Zeppelin, but it's still a fine 70s Rock Song, better than Most of the Stuff out there now.

Carouselambra is an Epic, as you all know that ALS is a showcase of Jimmy's skills, Carouselambra is the same for Jonesy. it's Monstrous and powerful, and those Lyrics are Epic, the Guitar Is Epic, and The Synthesizers are Super Epic. the Fact that it's that under-appreciated reminds me of how under-appreciated Jonesy is. You don't have to love it, but you must Respect it, and the same for Every Zeppelin song.

A lot of people are saying Out on the Tiles, lol it's one of my favourites

Out on the Tiles is THE LZ song most unlike the others and I love it. The production, the tone, the pace- everything including its placement on the LP is stand alone to me. I always wondered if it was already done for LZII and just didn't fit or wasn't laid down. The tone of the individual instruments are instantly recognizable to that particular song.

JamesZoSo you have excellent taste :piano:

What is about 'Hot Dog' people don't like? It's fun, energetic, got good guitar playing, has a sense of humour about it... And is that a honky-tonk piano in there, too?

And the solo in ‘D'yer Mak'er’ is great, with a really good beat from Bonzo

I'm with you, Beckenbauer. Everybody else may hate "Hot Dog" but not I...I love it's country-honky-tonk flavour and its humour and sense of fun. From the moment I first heard it a couple days before ITTOD release, "Hot Dog" was a favourite of mine.

"D'yer Mak'er" is not one of my faves from HotH...but I don't dislike it. I just find it lyrically weak. I love Bonzo's drumming and Jonesey's bass and piano the best on this song. I never skip it, though, as I find it a nice bridge from "Dancing Days" to "No Quarter".

Out on the Tiles is THE LZ song most unlike the others and I love it. The production, the tone, the pace- everything including its placement on the LP is stand alone to me. I always wondered if it was already done for LZII and just didn't fit or wasn't laid down. The tone of the individual instruments are instantly recognizable to that particular song.

Absolutely..."Out on the Tiles" has long been one of my faves. How can you not like a song with a riff in F?

But I have to disagree that this was a song left off from Led Zeppelin II. Everything about its sound...the drums and the guitar tones particularly...says this was recorded for Led Zeppelin III. It has a similar sonic imprint to "Immigrant Song" and "Celebration Day".

Archived