Zimmerman Charged with Murder in the 2nd Degree. Justice!

Spalove

Not me, but I'm gonna have lots of fun watching the people who do riot do their thing on CNN...with a brewski in one hand and a doob in the other, and I'll be saying really loud: "I fucking told you so!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Personally, I could care less if they burned every damned big city to the ground.

The defense rested today, closing arguments tomorrow and the jury should have the case on Friday. It'll be interesting to see how long they deliberate. Strange moment today when the judge asked Zimmerman if he wanted to take the stand. He looked like he wanted to say "yes", but Don West kept objecting to the question - even though it is proper procedure for her to ask him. Later when asked again, he said he would not take the stand. Boy they have worked hard to paint him as a non-athletic, non-confrontational, big pussy, wimp. I think that is why he wanted to get up on the stand. To save his ass, the defense has really made him look like a complete wuss. I think that goes right along with why he's in this predicament in the first place - he thinks he knows better than anyone who instructs him to do otherwise.

Same thing the media did with Rodney King. Fan those riotous flames. <_<:thumbdown:

I'm betting that Sanford's African-American community was pissed off (and with good reason) long before the first reporter showed up. The media coverage in this case has been flawed but it did prevent the Sanford PD from covering up their incompetence/indifference. This is a good thing.

I'm betting that Sanford's African-American community was pissed off (and with good reason) long before the first reporter showed up. The media coverage in this case has been flawed but it did prevent the Sanford PD from covering up their incompetence/indifference. This is a good thing.

Problem is, a lot of those people out there aren't just Sanford residents.

Many are coming in from out of town.

And those are the type that set things off, it's not their town.

Problem is, a lot of those people out there aren't just Sanford residents.

Many are coming in from out of town.

And those are the type that set things off, it's not their town.

trayvon%20miami%20rally.jpg?ve=1

Guess this means that the likelihood of acquittal remains high, thanks to the fact that the prosecution itself was weak and pushed forward by a breathless media desperate for a racial hot point to drive ratings.

Too bad the moron with the sign in the photo doesn't travel up to Chicago and protest:

CHICAGO, IL – APRIL 01: Chicago police investigate the murder of a 24-year-old man who was shot and killed on South Eberhart Avenue on the city’s South Side April 1, 2013 in Chicago, Illinois. According to published reports, the man was the 73rd homicide victim and the 39th victim under the age of 25 in Chicago in 2013.

Looks photo shopped. Regardless, lol at "The World is Watching". Yeah, right.

I agree!

I heard this morning that in Miami, the police were (on Wednesday) doing "routine" riot practice. Interesting that it was just days before a verdict is expected and Miami being TM's hometown. I know that police have been going around Sanford and Miami speaking to people about being calm and peaceful no matter the outcome. As TypeO said earlier, it'll be people from outside that will probably create problems more so than people who actually live there.

Looks photo shopped. Regardless, lol at "The World is Watching". Yeah, right.

First time I've checked into this thread in eons.

Gotta say I laughed at that sign, too. Uh, the whole world minus at least one, cause I haven't watched one iota of this case. There's been too much other stuff happening for me to care one way or another what happens to Zimmerman. For one thing, it's in Florida, where crazy stupid shit happens 24/7. Both Zimmerman and Trayvon were idiots and I'm tired of wasting time and sympathy on idiots.

As for the bloke in that photo with the "How many of us gotta die?" sign...not enough, apparently, given what happens in Chicago and other cities.

I agree!

I heard this morning that in Miami, the police were (on Wednesday) doing "routine" riot practice. Interesting that it was just days before a verdict is expected and Miami being TM's hometown. I know that police have been going around Sanford and Miami speaking to people about being calm and peaceful no matter the outcome. As TypeO said earlier, it'll be people from outside that will probably create problems more so than people who actually live there.

there are always people who hope to take advantage of whatever situation for their own purposes. i remember reading about the london riots and how many of those arrested were mostly spoiled wealthy types like bieber.

Too bad the moron with the sign in the photo doesn't travel up to Chicago and protest:

CHICAGO, IL – APRIL 01: Chicago police investigate the murder of a 24-year-old man who was shot and killed on South Eberhart Avenue on the city’s South Side April 1, 2013 in Chicago, Illinois. According to published reports, the man was the 73rd homicide victim and the 39th victim under the age of 25 in Chicago in 2013.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

You can take this as you will, but there has been much activity regarding the payment of various groups of people to stage the protests. As this is from a conservative site, some will discount it. However, the FOIA is real.

Judicial Watch, a conservative legal foundation, has used the Freedom of Information Act to uncover documents that show Eric Holder’s Justice Department used a “community relations” unit to support and stage-manage public protests in Florida against George Zimmerman after his controversial February 2012 shooting of Trayvon Martin.

Justice’s Community Relations Service (CRS) even helped organize a meeting between Sanford, Fla., public officials and the local NAACP. The result was the resignation of police chief Bill Lee over his handling of the Martin case. While his resignation was rescinded after a few weeks by local officials, Chief Lee faced further pressure to leave his job and ultimately quit for good two months later. Valerie Houston, one of the pastors leading the protests against Zimmerman and Lee, praised the Community Relations Service as being “there for us.”

The website for the CRS claims it “does not take sides among disputing parties” and only provides “impartial conciliation and mediation services.” But the evidence of its activities in Sanford shows that it placed a large thumb on the scales of justice in the Zimmerman case. What can providing support for a “March for Trayvon Martin” rally headlined by the rabble-rousing Reverend Al Sharpton have to do with “conciliation and mediation”?

Advertisement From top to bottom, the handling of the Zimmerman case was marinated in racial political correctness. Lee, the former Sanford police chief, told CNN this week that he faced severe pressure from outside forces to conduct his investigation in an unprofessional way so as to placate the public. “It was [relayed] to me that they just wanted an arrest. They didn’t care if it got dismissed later,” he said. “You don’t do that.” Lee told CNN that arresting Zimmerman based on the evidence he had collected would have violated Zimmerman’s Fourth Amendment rights. But he said political influence “forced a change in the course of the normal criminal-justice process. . . . That investigation was taken away from us. We weren’t able to complete it.”

It looks as if the trial of George Zimmerman on second-degree-murder charges will go to the jury today, but regardless of the verdict, the Justice Department has some questions to answer about its role in the pressure campaign leading up to his indictment. “My guess is that most Americans would rightly object to taxpayers paying government employees to help organize racially charged demonstrations,” says Tom Fitton, the president of Judicial Watch, in a statement on the group’s website.

Sadly, I am not surprised that Eric Holder’s Justice Department engaged in suspect activity in the Trayvon Martin case. Barack Obama frequently touted his experience as a “community organizer” during his 2008 campaign. The media gave him almost a complete pass on the more controversial parts of his record, especially his role as a top trainer and lawyer for the infamous Saul Alinsky–inspired group ACORN, which by 2008 had had many of its employees convicted of voter fraud. After Obama’s election, the Justice Department dropped any pending investigations of ACORN. Congress finally revoked the group’s federal funding in 2010 after filmmaker James O’Keefe’s hidden cameras caught its employees giving advice on how to conceal money gained from a fictional teenage prostitution ring. It soon declared bankruptcy, and some of its affiliates continued operations under new mismanagement.

I wondered back in 2008 how the federal government’s focus would change with a left-wing “community organizer” installed as president. We now have a partial answer. It appears that some of the tactics and approaches ACORN used have been moved into the Justice Department and other federal agencies. In the old days, when individual appropriations bills for federal agencies were still passed by Congress, it was possible to defund groups like ACORN. But now, with congressional gridlock ensuring that federal agencies are financed by dubious annual spending resolutions that simply continue existing program funding, any effective oversight by Congress is a dead letter. The question now isn’t really how many other left-wing “community organizing” projects like the one at Justice are being subsidized by the Obama administration. The real issue is whether the entire Obama administration has basically become an enabler and cheerleader for every Saul Alinsky tactic its radical appointees want to embrace — from the Department of Housing and Urban Development’s bullying local officials over public-housing construction demands to the Environmental Protection Agency’s colluding with environmentalist groups to lose lawsuits the groups file against the EPA in court.

You can take this as you will, but there has been much activity regarding the payment of various groups of people to stage the protests. As this is from a conservative site, some will discount it. However, the FOIA is real.

Judicial Watch, a conservative legal foundation, has used the Freedom of Information Act to uncover documents that show Eric Holder’s Justice Department used a “community relations” unit to support and stage-manage public protests in Florida against George Zimmerman after his controversial February 2012 shooting of Trayvon Martin.

Justice’s Community Relations Service (CRS) even helped organize a meeting between Sanford, Fla., public officials and the local NAACP. The result was the resignation of police chief Bill Lee over his handling of the Martin case. While his resignation was rescinded after a few weeks by local officials, Chief Lee faced further pressure to leave his job and ultimately quit for good two months later. Valerie Houston, one of the pastors leading the protests against Zimmerman and Lee, praised the Community Relations Service as being “there for us.”

The website for the CRS claims it “does not take sides among disputing parties” and only provides “impartial conciliation and mediation services.” But the evidence of its activities in Sanford shows that it placed a large thumb on the scales of justice in the Zimmerman case. What can providing support for a “March for Trayvon Martin” rally headlined by the rabble-rousing Reverend Al Sharpton have to do with “conciliation and mediation”?

Advertisement From top to bottom, the handling of the Zimmerman case was marinated in racial political correctness. Lee, the former Sanford police chief, told CNN this week that he faced severe pressure from outside forces to conduct his investigation in an unprofessional way so as to placate the public. “It was [relayed] to me that they just wanted an arrest. They didn’t care if it got dismissed later,” he said. “You don’t do that.” Lee told CNN that arresting Zimmerman based on the evidence he had collected would have violated Zimmerman’s Fourth Amendment rights. But he said political influence “forced a change in the course of the normal criminal-justice process. . . . That investigation was taken away from us. We weren’t able to complete it.”

It looks as if the trial of George Zimmerman on second-degree-murder charges will go to the jury today, but regardless of the verdict, the Justice Department has some questions to answer about its role in the pressure campaign leading up to his indictment. “My guess is that most Americans would rightly object to taxpayers paying government employees to help organize racially charged demonstrations,” says Tom Fitton, the president of Judicial Watch, in a statement on the group’s website.

Sadly, I am not surprised that Eric Holder’s Justice Department engaged in suspect activity in the Trayvon Martin case. Barack Obama frequently touted his experience as a “community organizer” during his 2008 campaign. The media gave him almost a complete pass on the more controversial parts of his record, especially his role as a top trainer and lawyer for the infamous Saul Alinsky–inspired group ACORN, which by 2008 had had many of its employees convicted of voter fraud. After Obama’s election, the Justice Department dropped any pending investigations of ACORN. Congress finally revoked the group’s federal funding in 2010 after filmmaker James O’Keefe’s hidden cameras caught its employees giving advice on how to conceal money gained from a fictional teenage prostitution ring. It soon declared bankruptcy, and some of its affiliates continued operations under new mismanagement.

I wondered back in 2008 how the federal government’s focus would change with a left-wing “community organizer” installed as president. We now have a partial answer. It appears that some of the tactics and approaches ACORN used have been moved into the Justice Department and other federal agencies. In the old days, when individual appropriations bills for federal agencies were still passed by Congress, it was possible to defund groups like ACORN. But now, with congressional gridlock ensuring that federal agencies are financed by dubious annual spending resolutions that simply continue existing program funding, any effective oversight by Congress is a dead letter. The question now isn’t really how many other left-wing “community organizing” projects like the one at Justice are being subsidized by the Obama administration. The real issue is whether the entire Obama administration has basically become an enabler and cheerleader for every Saul Alinsky tactic its radical appointees want to embrace — from the Department of Housing and Urban Development’s bullying local officials over public-housing construction demands to the Environmental Protection Agency’s colluding with environmentalist groups to lose lawsuits the groups file against the EPA in court.

Very interesting post.

This is not far-fetched at all, and I imagine there will be a lot of people trying to dismiss this as conservative conspiracy bullshit.

But there is no doubt this administration in particular and the Democratic Party in general benefit from keeping racial tensions high.

As long as they can keep race as a major issue to hold up, point to and breathe new life into, they can continue to influence those who feel guilt about past injustices and would truly like to see the country move past it.

White guilt is a very real playing card in the arena of race relations.

Many good people feel varying degrees of remorse and, yes, guilt in recognition of the racism that existed and still exists in our country.

And manipulating those people by way of that guilt and remorse is a very effective tool for those who have no compunction from doing so.

That the government is involved in stirring up racial tensions is despicable, but not surprising.

That the media is so compliant and willing to assist is what's nauseating.

The media had it (their purpose) so right when going after Watergate and other scandals.

That they have now decided to take sides and willingly participate in scandals by helping misdirect and obfuscate is bewildering and frightening.

For our media, there is a tipping point, a line in the sand that, once crossed, will never be corrected short of total revolution, industry-wise.

And we are drawing agonizingly close to such a point with our fabled Fourth Estate.

Can you imagine how screwed up this country would be if FOX News and conservative talk radio did not exist, and were not out there offering an alternative perspective on events?

I'm fully aware many will use that line as an opening to engage in predictable and stale FOX-bashing, but the fact remains; without it (conservative media), our news reporting would range from moderately liberal to radically liberal.

The various news organizations would tag-team every critical issue with a simple good-cop, bad-cop approach that would smooth the way for public opinion medians somewhere between moderately-to-radically liberal.

Instead, the conservative-liberal tug-of-war that FOX News allows to exist results in public opinion at least somewhere in the general vicinity of center - a little left in some cases, a little right in others.

But at least in the same ballpark as center.

And that, despite many people's cries otherwise, is a good thing.

What bothers me about this whole Zimmerman episode, among many, many others, is the very frightening realization

that we no longer adhere to individual rights, instead we have group rights. Individual rights are Constitutional rights that principled men put into place to thwart mob rule - what we now have in our hyper, ill-conceived, democratic so called "rights" driven society.

Don't know about Sanford, but Miami has plenty of local people who can riot, loot and burn - no need to bus folk in. I don't sense any kind of growing tension or anything though.

Nutrocker, you were kidding of course. A riot is not the sort of thing you'd enjoy watching, it's horrific. Innocent people get killed. One kid in the 1980 Miami riots got his tongue cut out because he was the wrong color. Another group of people died when their car was torched - they were driving home from the beach and went through the wrong neighborhood. People turn into maniacs.

Pretty much. Many Trayvon Martin supporters are hoping to use a favorable outcome in this trial to dismantle "stand your ground" laws, and by extension to further undermine individual's inherent, fundamental right to self-defense.

That's the point I was making. Laws following the "mob" and what it determines is a "right."

What a stupid comment!

Where do you find this stuff?

Where do you find this stuff?

I can understand you not agreeing with the political comments about Obama. That is opinion. However, if you go to the source - DOJ, CNN archives, what went down with ACORN - it can all be documented. Also, you can take this for what it's worth, I went to school with people who work in the Civil Rights division of the DOJ - what has come out of that division makes my blood run cold. Also, the EPA. After the IRS, they are the most powerful government agency. They run rough shod over ordinary working people all the time. If they didn't, I wouldn't have a job.

Archived