Zimmerman Charged with Murder in the 2nd Degree. Justice!

Spalove

Generally speaking, these protests have nothing to do with cleaning up their own backyard and everything to do with a repeal of the Stand Your Ground law in 31 states. Oftentimes the "protests" turn pointless and become nothing more than a hood rat convention.

They should protest "Stand Your Ground," as should anyone who sees the law as a scapegoat for the chance of vigilantism.

They turn "pointless" because there is no clear message because there are no clear leaders.

The protest that took place here yesterday turned out to be peaceful and in fact the people of the neighborhood that the protesters choose to march through stood outside of their houses and took photos. Not much response from anyone since not many support Zimmermann and yet support the Stand Your Ground Law. We have a version here that allows a homeowner to shoot an intruder inside the home but as soon as the intruder steps foot outside of the house, the law does not apply.

(CNN) - Four days after he was acquitted of murder, George Zimmerman stepped out of seclusion to help a family get out of an overturned vehicle in Florida, authorities said Monday.

He could heal the sick and raise the dead and the mobs would still crucify him, just like they did that other guy a while back. <_<

They should protest "Stand Your Ground," as should anyone who sees the law as a scapegoat for the chance of vigilantism.

So blacks don't benefit from the law?

Black Floridians have made about a third of the state’s total “Stand Your Ground” claims in homicide cases, a rate nearly double the black percentage of Florida’s population. The majority of those claims have been successful, a success rate that exceeds that for Florida whites.

So they're actually protesting something that has been in their best interest on the whole. Why? Because of people like Jackson, Sharpton, Holder, and Obama who say that repealing SYG would help the black community. And ironically, Obama sponsored a SYG law in Illinois when he was a senator.
I guess that's another position he has "evolved" on.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jul/22/actor-james-woods-takes-twitter-trash-obamas-pro-t/

James Woods, one of Hollywood’s best-known actors, took to Twitter over the weekend to decry President Obama’s impromptu defense of Trayvon Martin, the 17-year-old killed by George Zimmerman in self-defense in Florida, and suggested that race was not an issue in the acquittal.

Mr. Obama’s statements on Friday:

When Trayvon Martin was first shot, I said that this could have been my son.

Another way of saying that is, ‘Trayvon Martin could have been me 35 years ago.’”

And Mr. Woods‘ tweeted response:

Just curious. Does the president of the United States have any advice for other teenage boys in America? Wounded warriors for example,” Newsmax reported.

Another tweet from Mr. Woods:

The only reason people lock their car doors when Obama walks by is they are afraid he’ll tax them to death.”

And another, Newsmax reported:

The race issues in America that have bedeviled this nation for decades could be greatly resolved with JOBS and EDUCATION and SKILLS TRAINING.

And one more, from the actor:

Racial integration has worked in the Armed Forces because everyone has a job, gets training in a skill and MUST respect the rank of others.

Bravo, Mr. Woods.

Nice to see that not all of Hollywood is programmed into the radical leftist mindset.

Always liked James Woods. Don't want to derail this, but this is an interesting thing about James Woods below:

A few weeks before the 9/11 hijackings of the planes that were flown into the WTC, Pentagon and Pennsylvania, James Woods was on a flight in a seat near one of these hijackers. He thought he and his companion(s), not sure how many, were acting very suspicious. This may have been, sort of a test trial for these hijackers and murderers. Not sure where the flight departed and arrived from ,but probably NY to Boston. This was the lead hijacker on the plane. Woods reported this to the FBI, but obviously it was ignored. I remember him talking about this in an interview, some time after the attacks.

The protest that took place here yesterday turned out to be peaceful

...because it was held in Texas, not only a Stand Your Ground law state but a state where the armed homeowners have refused to surrender their right to self-defense.

So blacks don't benefit from the law?

Black Floridians have made about a third of the state’s total “Stand Your Ground” claims in homicide cases, a rate nearly double the black percentage of Florida’s population. The majority of those claims have been successful, a success rate that exceeds that for Florida whites.

So they're actually protesting something that has been in their best interest on the whole. Why? Because of people like Jackson, Sharpton, Holder, and Obama who say that repealing SYG would help the black community. And ironically, Obama sponsored a SYG law in Illinois when he was a senator.
I guess that's another position he has "evolved" on.

Cryingbluerain hits the nail on the head. Anyone who doesn't realize a young black male is "safer" in a predominantly white community with a Stand Your Ground law in effect as opposed to being in a predominantly black community with no Stand Your Ground law in effect is out to lunch.

Cryingbluerain hits the nail on the head. Anyone who doesn't realize a young black male is "safer" in a predominantly white community with a Stand Your Ground law in effect as opposed to being in a predominantly black community with no Stand Your Ground law in effect is out to lunch.

Amen!

I fixed what Sagittarius had posted to make a distinction between those who have earned their personal wealth and the freeloaders. He was playing the race card, not I. However, since you bring it up - social problems - I'd like to see a little less finger-pointing and a little more soul searching within the black community on these: black on black crime....the black teen pregnancy epidemic...black broken families.

Or you can just continue blaming white people.

You're implying that African-Americans haven't earned whatever personal wealth they enjoy through their own labor. That is bullshit and I'm calling you on it. I don't presume to speak for all African-Americans, but rest assured most of us are aware of the problems confronting our community. It is rare for the topic not to come up in conversation whenever black folks get together. We don't discuss our socioeconomic problems with people like you because we know you aren't really interested. You only bring up them up to deflect from your own racism.

You're implying that African-Americans haven't earned whatever personal wealth they enjoy through their own labor. That is bullshit and I'm calling you on it. I don't presume to speak for all African-Americans, but rest assured most of us are aware of the problems confronting our community. It is rare for the topic not to come up in conversation whenever black folks get together. We don't discuss our socioeconomic problems with people like you because we know you aren't really interested. You only bring up them up to deflect from your own racism.

you should look up the term racist before you throw it around like that. he said nothing racist.

Oh, please. Talk is cheap and besides you won't discuss your socioeconomic problems with people like me because you know people like me will insist upon the black community taking personal responsibility for the longstanding social and socioeconomic problems within the black community.

you should look up the term racist before you throw it around like that. he said nothing racist.

You should take your own advice and look up the word racism.

http://racerelations.about.com/od/understandingrac1/a/WhatIsRacism.htm

There is a lot more to it than using racial slurs. SteveAJones changed the highlighted words in Sagittarius' post to imply that African-Americans are freeloaders living off the largesse of white Americans.

A group of people who EARNED 99.9% of the pie for a good part of history pissed off that they ARE STILL EXPECTED TO KEEP FUNDING FREE RIDES. I mean really, the nerve of those non-whites!

It is an inherently racist comment that plays into negative stereotypes about African-Americans. It is also untrue.

There is a lot more to it than using racial slurs. SteveAJones changed the highlighted words in Sagittarius' post to imply that African-Americans are freeloaders living off the largesse of white Americans.

A group of people who EARNED 99.9% of the pie for a good part of history pissed off that they ARE STILL EXPECTED TO KEEP FUNDING FREE RIDES. I mean really, the nerve of those non-whites!

It is an inherently racist comment that plays into negative stereotypes about African-Americans. It is also untrue.

It's a rebuttal that fails to rebut. Besides, we should stay on topic to ensure justice for Trayvon. :gimmefive:

I work in an industry that accepts food stamps cards. I will say this with all truth and honesty. No racial intentions meant on my part, but, from what I witness almost daily, the percentage of African Americans who pay with a food stamp card is about 80%. That means that 8 out of 10 Black Americans pay for their groceries with a state/government issued card (at least with where I work and reside. I would have to say that this is commonplace around the whole Nation).

I see African-Americans buy steaks, shrimp, lobsters, sodas, candy etc... on a daily basis with a food stamp card.

I twice saw an African-American woman who had a food stamp balance of $7,800 on her card. $7,800. You could almost buy a new car with that amount of money.

What I do find disturbing is the fact that some very well adept persons can actually contribute to society (meaning the USA) but they choose not to. They (no matter their race) would rather let the government fund them and then they can use their own and real money on whatever their vices are. (Let's be honest here. A lot of food stampers are using their "own" money on alcohol, drugs, lottery tickets and video games, etc...).

I work in an industry that accepts food stamps cards. I will say this with all truth and honesty. No racial intentions meant on my part, but, from what I witness almost daily, the percentage of African Americans who pay with a food stamp card is about 80%. That means that 8 out of 10 Black Americans pay for their groceries with a state/government issued card (at least with where I work and reside. I would have to say that this is commonplace around the whole Nation). ..

No, it's not. According to the SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) web site, the demographic breakdown of food stamp recipients is as follows:

White 43%

African-American 33%

Hispanic 19%

Asian 2%

Native-American 2%

http://www.snaptohealth.org/snap/snap-frequently-asked-questions/

Food stamps are means-tested. There are income guidelines and people whose household incomes are above a certain level won't qualify for them. Are African-Americans over-represented amongst food stamp recipients? Yes, since they comprise roughly 12% of the U.S. population but are 33% of food stamp recipients. Do most African-Americans receive food stamps? No.

McCain is an afterthought trying to maintain appearances and retire with at least a shred of relevance.

He flops around on so many issues in order to be perceived as a get it done kinda guy, when all he's really doing is pandering to whichever way the wind is blowing.

He's come very close to the status of RINO.

There is another thread created by SAJ entitled "The united welfare states of America" or something similar to that....the last handful of post would fit right in with that topic.

Thumbs up to TypeO, SAJ, Cryingbluerain and kingzozo (above). There's nothing more for me to add that hasn't already been conveyed by this bunch.

Edited to correct the "TypeO"

Once again, Obama is exposed as a phony who gloms onto whatever hot-button issue is trending, even if it's in direct opposition to previous positions he's held / supported.

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jul/22/then-sen-obama-co-sponsored-stand-your-ground-law-/

Seriously, everyone surely knows someone like that from some point in their life, or even now.

They change friends and clothes and hairstyles and whatever based on what they think is popular.

And they're the ones who will leave you hanging, usually right when you thought you could count on them, because apparently they've changed their mind about what's important at that minute.

And they usually come back to you at some later time acting as though nothing had ever happened or changed.

Most people refer to them as Flakes.

And the worst place to discover a person like that is in a position of leadership.

They usually frequent middle-management, where they are mostly an annoyance to be avoided unless there's no other choice.

But in those rare instances when the Peter Principle is bypassed and a flake becomes a leader, it's a disaster.

They have no comprehension of true leadership, because that requires a steadfastness and adherence to principles, which are the antithesis of their existence, their very DNA.

What results is a meltdown, sometimes slow, sometimes sudden (which would be more of an implosion).

Kinda like the state of our country now.

Obama is truly a flake of the highest order.

This picture is from a Justice-For-Trayvon march held by the New Black Panther Party, where Zimmerman supporters turned out as well.

Screen-Shot-2013-07-23-at-35019-AMpng.pn

The media was all over it as proof of racism amongst Zimmerman supporters.
There was only one problem...

She was a Trayvon supporter being sarcastic.

Oh, please. Talk is cheap and besides you won't discuss your socioeconomic problems with people like me because you know people like me will insist upon the black community taking personal responsibility for the longstanding social and socioeconomic problems within the black community.

It's all free. Just like bankrupt Detroit. <_<

Archived