Zimmerman Charged with Murder in the 2nd Degree. Justice!

Spalove

Did anyone catch the MSNBC spoof last night on Chris Hayes' show of Bill O'Reilly's rants against black culture? Very droll, deadpan discussion of the violent white culture, using the recent Huntingdon Beach surf riot as an example:

http://news.smashpipe.com/?f=R_oa_VEnNlA&e=1&z=300

Chris Hayes is an idiot, but I guess that's redundant in view of the fact he's on MSNBC.

Did anyone catch the MSNBC spoof last night on Chris Hayes' show of Bill O'Reilly's rants against black culture? Very droll, deadpan discussion of the violent white culture, using the recent Huntingdon Beach surf riot as an example:

http://news.smashpipe.com/?f=R_oa_VEnNlA&e=1&z=300

Bill O'Reilly is not David Duke but Al Sharpton is...well, Al Sharpton.

MSNBC is a joke.

Some of us hold the same opinion of Fox News.

Exactly, both are biased but they are also very different. MSNBC may be biased but they are not mean spirited, Fox on the other hand is both biased and mean spirited. You turn on MSNBC in a room of liberals and it will foster discussion, left leaning discussion but still discussion. You turn on Fox News in a room full of conservatives and you think someone just put on the Battle Hymn of the Republic as George S Patton is leading the troops to Bastogne! Those folk get worked up!

TypeO: Not sure if you are aware but O'Reilly is not the man he claims to be, that show he does is a persona, shtick and nothing more. He laughs all the way to the bank and has said as such on several occasions. In reality O'Reilly is very middle of the road just like John Stewart is middle of the road, that's why the debate each other all the time, it's just a show. I actually like O'Reilly and Stewart because they suck the attention and ratings from the loonies on both sides. Pure genius to me. I have a suspicion Ann Coulter is also an act because she is so over the top, but you never know.

Some of us hold the same opinion of Fox News.

Any network that pays Al Sharpton is a joke. He's a racist and liar who has ruined lives. Say what you will about the likes of Hannity but he's just an opinion guy, not an activist hustler.

Yep, Al Sharpton should be in jail, not TV. That dude is such a worm!

Not to hijack the thread but if anyone doesn't know what this guy is really about, read up:

The Brawley case inflamed racial tensions in America and left victims like the falsely accused Pagones in its wake. But it helped launch Sharpton’s career. Instead of an isolated incident of bad judgment and hysteria, Sharpton’s behavior in the Brawley case is part of a life-long pattern.

Sharpton was a key player inflaming the 1991 Crown Heights riots following the death of a young African-American who was hit by an ambulance driven by a Hasidic driver. Sharpton called Jews “diamond merchants” with “the blood of innocent babies” on their hands. A mob subsequently attacked and murdered an innocent Hasidic Jewish student visiting from Australia. (Twenty-five years later, he wrote a mealy-mouthed not-quite apology for his rhetoric.)

A few years later, an African-American Pentecostal church asked a Jewish tenant of a church-owned property, Freddie Fashion’s Mart, to evict one of his subtenants, an African-American-run record store. Sharpton led protests crying, “We will not stand by and allow them to move this brother so that some white interloper can expand his business.” One of the protesters attacked Freddie Fashion Mart, shot several customers, and started a fire that killed seven employees.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/06/03/al-sharpton-s-long-bill-of-goods-from-tawana-brawley-to-primetime.html

Yep, Al Sharpton should be in jail, not TV. That dude is such a worm!

Agreed!!! Considering what he is done in the past from the Tawana Brawley faked case, Crown Heights and tax evasion and there was the cocaine trafficking during the late 70's he may have been involved with as well. This guy is crap and he doesn't care about justice for African Americans. Only when there is a white person possibly doing injustice to a black individual. It doesn't matter to him the amount of blacks committing crimes or murders against one another. It's just about the race card to him and as long as there is a microphone or TV camera in the area that is good enough for him. What a joke!

I was thinking of this and couldn't find this chart, nice job. Fox does a good job reporting news. Their opinion shows are certainly slanted but they're honest about it. And I've seen O'Reilly take on Rush Limbaugh and other conservatives. Anyone seen Rachel Maddow criticize liberals lately? Thought her defensiveness with Nick Gillespie (libertarian of the magazine Reason) was very revealing:

post-4573-0-77946400-1375364384_thumb.pn

Perfect.

This completely supports what I've said about these 3 networks for some time.

I have stated many times that, based on distance from center, FOX is similar to CNN, whereas MSNBC is WAY farther from center than ANY other US mainstream news media outlet.

CNN is maybe 2 or 3 out of a scale of 10 to the left, and FOX is maybe 2 or 3 out of 10 to the right.

MSNBC is the true fringe-dweller in news reporting, probably around an 8 or 9 out of 10 from center.

The fact that FOX is alone on the right side of center is what fuels the perception that they are so biased.

It's as if people treat CNN as CENTER (they aren't), thus drawing MSNBC closer and pushing FOX further away.

And again, Al Sharpton is the revealing factor.

Any organization that would hire him, when so many have LOST their jobs for saying a SINGLE thing that was as offensive as SO MANY things he has said, loses any and all credibility for claims of objectivity and lack of bias.

^^

The reason why some claim MSNBC is not as volatile as Fox News is because the commentators on MSNBC are much more culturally-diversified, giving off the impression they are conducting more "meaningful, productive and moderate" conversations about the topics at hand. Aside from Juan Williams (who is wrongfully labeled a liberal by most on the network), Fox News has mostly white male commentators with white women providing insight. It's easy to take the differences at face value but the messages are both the same: division, slander and little to no actual journalism.

Weak minded people watch cable news for insight. Level minded people watch cables news for the comedy. Strong minded people don't watch cables because it's a waste of time.

What's unfortunate is while Bill O'Reilly's message about the black community is spot on, it loses credibility by being conducted on his program by a man who is invested in the show-business side of the news programming, not in the actual journalism. It's all a masquerade. Most people have bought into it and the networks know that. The ratings show it. Those ratings show an ignorant populous: ignorant of real information and facts. Christ, why do you think "fact checking" became an actual news story last year? It's because so many people don't have a god damn idea of what is true or not. They just take everything at face value: the mantra of the cable news industry and sadly, the mantra of our society.

"Fox News has mostly white male commentators with white women providing insight." With conspicuously young and attractive women, usually with the vague job title of "political strategist." Greta Van Susteren is pretty much the only non-babe on the network. Fox can't be taken seriously because of the Murdoch-sexist-tabloid stench.

Excellent comment, Zeppy. I think O'Reilly might actually care about African-Americans, but his titanic ego gets in the way - he somehow thinks he knows better than black people what's going on in their own community.

What the hell happened to CNN though? Barely covering the news at all, just doing "human interest" stories in the evening now. Sheesh. Another symptom of dumbing down.

I know that, but he shouts down African-Americans who disagree with him - like he would know better than them what the actual black experience in America is about. He had a black media executive on his show last night who agreed with much of O'Reilly's critique but disagreed with his central premise that the disintegration of the family is at the root of the problem. O'Reilly shouted, "You're WRONG" at him - it's absurd. That's not how you debate or converse with someone, unless you're 10 years old.

I know that, but he shouts down EVERYONE who disagrees with him - like he would know better than them what the actual (fill-in-the-blank) experience in America is about. He had a (fill-in-the-blank) executive on his show last night who disagreed with much of O'Reilly's critique but disagreed with his central premise that the disintegration of the family is at the root of the problem. O'Reilly shouted, "You're WRONG" at him - it's absurd. That's not how you debate or converse with someone, unless you're 10 years old.

Altered your post to make a point, it's not like he only debates with minorities in that fashion; love him or hate him, he's an equal opportunity blowhard.

George Zimmerman was pulled over for speeding the other day on a Texas highway. One of the first things he told the police officer was that he had a gun in the glove compartment. The officer asked him where he was headed and George said no where in particular. The officer asked him why would you say that? George said you don't recognize my name? The officer then said oh, what a coincidence.

The cop did not even recognize George Zimmerman by name or face. I say that that is a good thing for Zimmerman. Although I would bet that there are millions of African-Americans that have his face imprinted on their brains (and that, of course, is a bad thing for George).

Is the Smithsonian on CRACK?!?

Sorry...as I've said, I couldn't care less about this case(I think this is only my third post in this thread), as I think both Zimmerman and Martin were idiot hotheads who would have ended up in trouble down the road anyway. Witness Zimmerman's arrest tje other day.

But watching CNN and seeing the news that the Smithsonian is interested in Trayvon Martin's hoodie nearly made me choke on my cereal.

Trayvon Martin wasn't shot because he was wearing a hoodie. He was ahot because he was slamming Zimmerman's head on the ground. Trayvon Martin could have been wearing an Armani three-piece suit, but if he's slamming a guy and the guy fears for his life, he's gonna get shot. Plain and simple. That's what happens when two hotheads meet and one has a gun.

Why the fuck the Smithsonian is getting involved is mystifying. Send it to Al Sharpton instead so he can display it in his tacky home and charge suckers to view it.

What a freak show.

Hey, check out my fancy chart which clearly shows that TypeO's fancy chart is pure, unadulterated bullshit:

Oh fuck, I can't figure out how to import pic's!!! Too bad because that chart was bitchin!

Anyway, what I am trying to say is those charts are always skewed toward whoever made them and anyone with eyes and ears knows that chart showing Fox News as 45% factual reporting is complete bullshit. Of course MSNBC is biased, but if you truly believe Fox reporting is anywhere near 45% factual you live in another dimension.

Shit, Fox News makes MSNBC look credible by comparision and that ain't easy.

Is the Smithsonian on CRACK?!?

Why the fuck the Smithsonian is getting involved is mystifying. Send it to Al Sharpton instead so he can display it in his tacky home and charge suckers to view it.

What a freak show.

It's most likely run by politically correct idjits.They'll display that but want to get rid of the Enola Gay.

Archived