Zimmerman Charged with Murder in the 2nd Degree. Justice!

Spalove

Hey, check out my fancy chart which clearly shows that TypeO's fancy chart is pure, unadulterated bullshit:

Oh fuck, I can't figure out how to import pic's!!! Too bad because that chart was bitchin!

Anyway, what I am trying to say is those charts are always skewed toward whoever made them and anyone with eyes and ears knows that chart showing Fox News as 45% factual reporting is complete bullshit. Of course MSNBC is biased, but if you truly believe Fox reporting is anywhere near 45% factual you live in another dimension.

Shit, Fox News makes MSNBC look credible by comparision and that ain't easy.

Pew Research Center is completely legitimate.

Certainly more reliable than many of the polling agencies.

I think you make the same mistake many people make about FOX, and consider O'Reilly and Hannity et al, as reporting.

Pew Research Center is completely legitimate.

Certainly more reliable than many of the polling agencies.

I think you make the same mistake many people make about FOX, and consider O'Reilly and Hannity et al, as reporting.

Pew is bought and paid for by whoever has commissioned the study and will fix the results as they desire. I do not hold any type of polling as accurate since none are requited to follow the scientific method for statistical reporting (nor can they to be honest). None of these "polls" are falsifiable therefore are complete bullshit.

Regarding Hannity and friends, of course I know that is strictly entertainment. However even the "news" portion is completely full of shit and never report on any negative news which is generated by the right, they simply ignore it. Yeah, that is really unbiased reporting there.

Finally, just to really prove my point, check out the exchange the other day between Reza Aslan, the author of Zealot and Fox's Lauren Green. What a fucking joke that was! The only question she keep repeating over and over was, " Why as a Muslim would you choose Jesus as a subject?" WTF??? The dude is a world recognized theologian, maybe THAT has a little to do with it maybe??? Naw, Fox ain't biased at all, real fair and balanced. Check it out yourself:

I know that, but he shouts down African-Americans who disagree with him - like he would know better than them what the actual black experience in America is about. ..

This. Not only is it insulting, it's also counterproductive. Telling a law-abiding young black man that the local cops hassle him because other young black men commit a disproportionate share of the crime in his community, doesn't help him with his immediate problem; police harassment. What he needs is for his local cops to recognize that he's not one of the troublemakers. He also needs strategies he can use to prevent his encounters with cops who haven't received the memo (he's a good guy) from escalating.

13% of the Pop.,50% of the crime,...

Where is Rev Al???

I've heard that too. First time being in my college days in my Ethnicity and Race class, It was a while ago, but still about the same. Although, in my book from that class it was over 50%.

"Fox News has mostly white male commentators with white women providing insight." With conspicuously young and attractive women, usually with the vague job title of "political strategist." Greta Van Susteren is pretty much the only non-babe on the network. Fox can't be taken seriously because of the Murdoch-sexist-tabloid stench.

that is just total bullshit and you know it. there are plenty of minority women on fox. i think that harris falkner is one of the most beautiful women on the news.

• 2 weeks later...

One of the memes that run through this thread is: White folks wouldn't be racist if black folks just got themselves together and stopped causing trouble. Implicit in this meme is the assumption that white Americans' attitudes and behavior towards black Americans are reasonable reactions to black Americans' behavior. This is a faulty assumption. If it was a valid assumption than successful, accomplished black Americans who play by mainstream society's rules would never experience racism at the hands of white Americans. However, every successful, accomplished black American can recount incidents of white Americans' racist behavior they experienced.

Here is a dirty little secret that many black Americans learn the hard way: some white Americans won't like you any better if you're smart, well-educated, highly-skilled, hard-working, disciplined, etc. In fact, some will resent you even more for it.

How dare you not live down to my stereotypes of black Americans! How dare you be as smart and capable as I am! That's just wrong! You're BLACK!!! You're not supposed to be as good as me or even better than me. I shouldn't have to compete with you for that job, that raise, that promotion. I'm white!!!

Of course, this type of white American never owns up to his/her racism. He/she will make lame excuses to themselves and others for sabotaging the accomplished black Americans they encounter: "He's too arrogant, she's not a team player, etc." What they don't do is examine their attitudes and motives.

One of the memes that run through this thread is: White folks wouldn't be racist if black folks just got themselves together and stopped causing trouble. Implicit in this meme is the assumption that white Americans' attitudes and behavior towards black Americans are reasonable reactions to black Americans' behavior. This is a faulty assumption. If it was a valid assumption than successful, accomplished black Americans who play by mainstream society's rules would never experience racism at the hands of white Americans. However, every successful, accomplished black American can recount incidents of white Americans' racist behavior they experienced.

Here is a dirty little secret that many black Americans learn the hard way: some white Americans won't like you any better if you're smart, well-educated, highly-skilled, hard-working, disciplined, etc. In fact, some will resent you even more for it.

How dare you not live down to my stereotypes of black Americans! How dare you be as smart and capable as I am! That's just wrong! You're BLACK!!! You're not supposed to be as good as me or even better than me. I shouldn't have to compete with you for that job, that raise, that promotion. I'm white!!!

Of course, this type of white American never owns up to his/her racism. He/she will make lame excuses to themselves and others for sabotaging the accomplished black Americans they encounter: "He's too arrogant, she's not a team player, etc." What they don't do is examine their attitudes and motives.

Brady Bunch wisdom seems appropriate here: "You know Cindy, when you point your finger at others there are three fingers pointing back at you".

If there's a meme in this thread, indeed in American society at large it's minorities are incapable of being racists themselves and white people are to blame for the social problems of all others.

If there's a dirty little secret that many successful black Americans learn the hard way it is that they'll be ostricized by blacks - not whites - for playing by the rules...aka being an "Uncle Tom".

If there's a meme in this thread, indeed in American society at large it's minorities are incapable of being racists themselves and white people are to blame for the social problems of all others...

If there's a dirty little secret that many successful black Americans learn the hard way it is that they'll be ostricized by blacks - not whites - for playing by the rules...aka being an "Uncle Tom".

Only in SteveAJones land. Everywhere else American minorities know full well that some of their members have no problem hating on others. Most also know that white people aren't to blame for all of society's problems; only the ones where white racism plays a role. While we're at it, successful black Americans ignore the people who would pull them down for striving. Some of these people are black but not all of them. One thing I've learned over the years is that this "crabs in a barrel" behavior isn't unique to black Americans. Throughout the world, people who attempt to rise above their station frequently provoke unease, jealousy and even hostility.

Archived