Zimmerman Charged with Murder in the 2nd Degree. Justice!

Spalove

What I hate is every single juror is already making their plans for book deals, interviews, etc.

We may never see anything close to justice in this country again for any big case.

Even though a lot of people are criticizing it as a dumb move, I think that was the idea behind the defense attorney's "knock knock" joke.

i think jurors do hope for a book deal but they are kind of overrated. it would take some huge big celeb thing like OJ Simpson's case where i think they would really be offered a book deal worth something.

but look at the idiots who set casey anthony free. would anyone really want to buy a book written by one of them ? i do think that was one of the reasons she went free. but i don't know if they realized how angry people were with them over the verdict.

i disagree about a law preventing jurors from speaking after the trial though because this country is kind of corrupt and it would make it easier to buy them off.

i think jurors do hope for a book deal but they are kind of overrated. it would take some huge big celeb thing like OJ Simpson's case where i think they would really be offered a book deal worth something.

but look at the idiots who set casey anthony free. would anyone really want to buy a book written by one of them ? i do think that was one of the reasons she went free. but i don't know if they realized how angry people were with them over the verdict.

i disagree about a law preventing jurors from speaking after the trial though because this country is kind of corrupt and it would make it easier to buy them off.

Who's gonna "buy them off" and how would preventing a juror from writing a book increase the likelihood of that happening? Celebrities and members of organized crime already have the means to get to jurors, but "regular" people like Zimmerman - c'mon....

Now we'll have to watch this for the next 6 months. <_<

Casey Anthony was less than 2 months. I can't imagine this being any longer than that.

Zimmerman will walk from this, but has to live the rest of his life haunted by it through name recognition and traumatic memories. Nobody "wins" in a situation like this, IMO.

Who's gonna "buy them off" and how would preventing a juror from writing a book increase the likelihood of that happening? Celebrities and members of organized crime already have the means to get to jurors, but "regular" people like Zimmerman - c'mon....

i don't just mean a book deal but the UK law prevents them from even discussing the trial after it's over. that's what i am opposed to . maybe i might support some law that prevents them from writing a book or cashing in some other way from the trial. at least for a certain time period after the trial. like maybe you can't write a book or cash in any other way for 3 years after the trial.

i think preventing jurors from ever speaking would make it even more easy for organized crime and others with money to have influence.

Casey Anthony was less than 2 months. I can't imagine this being any longer than that.

Zimmerman will walk from this, but has to live the rest of his life haunted by it through name recognition and traumatic memories. Nobody "wins" in a situation like this, IMO.

It said on the news that it would take 24 weeks for the trial.

I hope it doesn't drag on like OJ.

It said on the news that it would take 24 weeks for the trial.

I hope it doesn't drag on like OJ.

It better not! I just see the state having a very difficult time convincing the entire jury that, without reasonable doubt, he murdered Martin. Sad case either way.

In the U.S. this contradicts the principle of Freedom of Speech.

I'm glad I was born and live in the UK then. I don't see why a juror should make money out of civic duty. It seems to me that the U.S position on the matter just courts wanabee celebrity. Jury service is an honour and should not be treated as a door to fifteen minutes of fame.

All I know is, I shudder to think of what the rioting is gonna be like if Zimmy is acquitted...it'll make L.A. in '92 look like a fuckin' street party...

I'm interested to know why you think that? Two completely different situations to me. '92 had a group of cops on videotape beating the hell out of an African-American male and were basically acquitted. This situation has no video and a charge that is much more difficult to prove - plus I don't think this trial is that emotionally charged. The LAPD situation and this situation only have one similarity, IMO, the perception that the police were allowing an egregious act to transpire on an AA without any recourse against the perpetrator(s). I can see some problems in Sanford and maybe Miami, but nothing to the extent of what happened to Reginald Denny or across the nation. We will see though because he IS going to walk at the end of this trial.

I'm interested to know why you think that? Two completely different situations to me. '92 had a group of cops on videotape beating the hell out of an African-American male and were basically acquitted. This situation has no video and a charge that is much more difficult to prove - plus I don't think this trial is that emotionally charged. The LAPD situation and this situation only have one similarity, IMO, the perception that the police were allowing an egregious act to transpire on an AA without any recourse against the perpetrator(s). I can see some problems in Sanford and maybe Miami, but nothing to the extent of what happened to Reginald Denny or across the nation. We will see though because he IS going to walk at the end of this trial.

Sadly, you may be right, Walter...personally I think they need to lock up the son of a bitch and throw away the key, but those "Stand Yer Ground" laws and what seems to be a stronger Defense than Prosecution may just get Zimmy off. I still think the shit is gonna hit the fan in Florida at least if he does walk, though...true, comparing this case to the Rodney King incident is like apples and oranges, but I'm just thinking worst case scenario. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I want people to riot but I get the feeling that if Zimmy is acquitted there are going to be some very unhappy folks in Sanford, FL, and who the hell knows how they're gonna react. Stay tuned, I s'pose...

TypeO, you know that comments made on twitter are usually made by people who are "tough guys" behind a video monitor only. Not to mention how many trolls post things just to incite or portray a certain image that's more fantasy than reality - kinda like here in some instances. Zimmerman may want to take it seriously, but I really doubt there will be much fallout, outside of Sanford - which is a troubled area to begin with - after he is acquitted.

1013683_325591207574064_1154038934_n.jpg

To her it's apparently not. She is an inner city, uneducated, teenager and obviously her interpretation of that statement is that it was not racially insensitive or inflammatory. As a white male, I don't take any offense to it - I just consider the source and move on.

TypeO, you know that comments made on twitter are usually made by people who are "tough guys" behind a video monitor only. Not to mention how many trolls post things just to incite or portray a certain image that's more fantasy than reality - kinda like here in some instances. Zimmerman may want to take it seriously, but I really doubt there will be much fallout, outside of Sanford - which is a troubled area to begin with - after he is acquitted.

Dude, you're close to it right there.

But I can tell you it's a major issue here in Georgia and the rest of the country.

People are watching and paying attention.

It's a WHOLE lot like the OJ trial, especially in the Black community.

I'm not saying there will be nationwide riots, but look for people coming into town from all over when a verdict is about to be rendered.

As for the Twitter posts, yeah it's just Twitter, but it reflects a common attitude and perception towards this incident and how it will play out.

I dismissed Twitter for a long time as something of no substance, but I've learned since then that it can be a surprisingly accurate barometer of prevailing sentiments and attitudes towards particular events, incidents or topics.

I am glad you told me this, because I really have no idea how closely this is being followed nationwide. People down here, that I have spoken with, really aren't following it closely - especially compared to Casey Anthony a couple of years ago. You just never know how a jury is going to call it at the end. I thought for sure Casey was going down and Judge Perry has even backed up my opinion recently, but the jury was 180 on that call. Who knows what they have really picked up on so far, were they immediately put off by Don West's knock-knock joke? Do they feel sympathy for Treyvon's girlfriend being grilled for all those hours - who knows? One juror was excused earlier this week, not sure which alternate took her place.

Of course what she said was racist but the media won't say that because they only pay attention to racism when it's white against black. But if TM was referred to as a crazy ass something else then that would be big.

Such as.... If you're referring to the "N" word then I don't see any equivalency as far as that word being used for what she said. Obviously you put them on the same level, but I certainly don't, based purely on historical value alone.

Archived