Secret Service Investigating Ted Nugent Comments on Obama

cryingbluerain

However, I have made my intented meaning of the use of the word I chose clearly a number of times

That's understandable.

However, once a label has been established, that becomes the accepted norm.

Your personal interpretation notwithstanding, in general, it is intended as a slur, without question.

For example, my wife and I call each other "retard" often, and it's always used in a very intimate (not sexual) way.

It's kind of an inside joke, and we understand no malice or ill will is intended whatsoever; in fact, it is just the opposite.

But of course, should I use the same term to a random stranger, the generally-accepted interpretation is that it is insensitive and offensive.

It's a vulgar comment, either as a homosexual or heterosexual reference imo.

I guess that's really the bottom line.

Like them/agree with them or not, Tea Party supporters represent a legitimate and sizable portion of our country's population, and it's a broad-brushed dismissal and marginalization of that group.

That's all I'm saying.

And all of this explanation is in no way a statement that I don't think you, Walter, or anyone else shouldn't use the term.

It's not that big a deal to me.

I don't even consider myself a Tea Party supporter, although I agree with some of their ideas.

I'm not trying to equate it with an ethnic slur, or jump on the PC bandwagon because it's convenient.

I'm just saying it was coined as a derogatory label for a portion of our population who share similar ideals.

And there's no denying the snide contempt with which people like Bill Maher and Joy Behar use the term.

They are so pleased to have mainstreamed what is fundamentally a crude sexual reference to the point that it is used regularly on TV news.

And anyone who doesn't believe that doing so was a concerted effort from the left is more than a little naive.

MediaMatters, MoveOn.org and many other sites generate a steady, coordinated stream of buzzwords, topics, sound bites and viewpoints for their followers to read and spread, and the "teabagger" label was most certainly one such effort.

And there's no denying the snide contempt with which people like Bill Maher and Joy Behar use the term.

They are so pleased to have mainstreamed what is fundamentally a crude sexual reference to the point that it is used regularly on TV news.

And anyone who doesn't believe that doing so was a concerted effort from the left is more than a little naive.

MediaMatters, MoveOn.org and many other sites generate a steady, coordinated stream of buzzwords, topics, sound bites and viewpoints for their followers to read and spread, and the "teabagger" label was most certainly one such effort.

That was really my point. I've watched Maher for years, anyone who thinks he was innocently referring to a stupid hat can't be serious. Apparently making that argument around here gets one accused of being a dead fish in bed.

Those CBS people really were douche bags weren't they? You could just feel the hostility and contempt from the interviewer then they all sat down afterwords and "That's what he said but what did he mean?" Liberals are always so condescending when they get together.

Believe it or not, I don't need you to tell me what my intention was. Thanks.

That's funny because we have just filled up how many pages because of your attempt to do just that with statement on page 1?

That was really my point. I've watched Maher for years, anyone who thinks he was innocently referring to a stupid hat can't be serious. Apparently making that argument around here gets one accused of being a dead fish in bed.

Nobody brought Bill Maher into this until you did. I find it pretty humorous that you choose to watch his show and dislike him so.

His brothers in arms in the military ? The pants pooper ? The 'liberal' military was so impressed with Ted's comments and actions lately they cancelled his show. I'm actually more offended that he's still out baiting in the woods for grizzly bears. How many harvests does it take to get your rocks off Ted ? At least he knew he belonged in Texas. It's not always about politics....sometimes you're just a douchebag....just like Nancy Pelosi.

That's funny because we have just filled up how many pages because of your attempt to do just that with statement on page 1?

Seems to me the pages of discussion on this aren't just about my statement. But if they are, fine; it's a discussion.

Nobody brought Bill Maher into this until you did. I find it pretty humorous that you choose to watch his show and dislike him so.

I don't deny that I brought him up as a guy who uses the term "teabaggers" what's your point?

And yes, I do watch Maher, watched him last night. Sometimes he's funny, oftentimes I disagree with him, big deal. I like watching and reading viewpoints that differ from mine, that's how I learn and form an opinion. Works for me.

And yes, I do watch Maher, watched him last night. Sometimes he's funny, oftentimes I disagree with him, big deal. I like watching and reading viewpoints that differ from mine, that's how I learn and form an opinion. Works for me.

Just found it of interest, that's all. I think it's great to take in all viewpoints and decipher what makes sense. There are some who I don't watch/listen to at all because they are so insistent on pushing their own agenda. But as a whole, I also find most shows to at least be enlightening to others views and some downright informative. Common ground, mstork. Have a nice Sunday!

Peace.

Peace.

Just found it of interest, that's all. I think it's great to take in all viewpoints and decipher what makes sense. There are some who I don't watch/listen to at all because they are so insistent on pushing their own agenda. But as a whole, I also find most shows to at least be enlightening to others views and some downright informative. Common ground, mstork. Have a nice Sunday!

Peace.

Peace.

Same to you!

After watching that video I have no doubt in my mind that Nugent is NUTS!!! Why did he go off like that? What was the trigger? In regards to him stating he never threatened the president, that is a downright lie, or he is delusional. Please, explain to me if I say, "Mr. Nugent, if you play another concert in LA I will either be dead or in jail afterward." What does that mean???? His awesome guitar skills will make me kill myself for simple relief? I will riot in the streets due to his gonzo mind control therefore land in jail like some deranged manchurian candidate? Any rational person would know what that means and that is why the SS questioned him for over 30 min. If they thought he was a harmless jack off they would have been outta there in 10 minutes max. These guy's know he is nuts, they just needed time to assess whether he is "dangerous" nuts or simply "plays with own shit in corner" nuts. In my opinion it is the later. Nugent just likes to stir the shit to keep in the spotlight...and to play with his own shit.

After watching that video I have no doubt in my mind that Nugent is NUTS!!! Why did he go off like that? What was the trigger? In regards to him stating he never threatened the president, that is a downright lie, or he is delusional. Please, explain to me if I say, "Mr. Nugent, if you play another concert in LA I will either be dead or in jail afterward." What does that mean???? His awesome guitar skills will make me kill myself for simple relief? I will riot in the streets due to his gonzo mind control therefore land in jail like some deranged manchurian candidate? Any rational person would know what that means and that is why the SS questioned him for over 30 min. If they thought he was a harmless jack off they would have been outta there in 10 minutes max. These guy's know he is nuts, they just needed time to assess whether he is "dangerous" nuts or simply "plays with own shit in corner" nuts. In my opinion it is the later. Nugent just likes to stir the shit to keep in the spotlight...and to play with his own shit.

Frankly, I believe he was using hyperbole to say what he thinks the administrations actions towards him as an outspoken critic would be if Obama wins a second term.

Hyperbole in that I don't think he literally thinks he would be targeted for a "hit" or jailed on trumped-up charges, Ted is always over-the-top, whether performing on stage or (loudly) voicing his opinions.

I don't see the remark as a threat.

Any rational person would know what that means and that is why the SS questioned him for over 30 min. If they thought he was a harmless jack off they would have been outta there in 10 minutes max.

Maybe they are fans and just wanted to talk to him a little longer because they like him.

Archived