Lady Gaga

Juliet

She must love this kind of controversy.

Minus the threats of violence and physical harm to her, you're probably right.

Whenever the roaches of the world are exposed in the light, it's always a good thing!

Hiding behind religion makes me ill......:angry:

I wish all these idiotic religious groups would just shut the fuck up and stop picking on her like this! What gives them the right to judge her?! I personally love and admire Lady Gaga for expressing herself so freely! Haven't these religious groups heard of the phrase "freedom of expression"? It's pathetic that they misuse the very concept of religion for an ulterior motive! :angry:

I wish all these idiotic religious groups would just shut the fuck up and stop picking on her like this! What gives them the right to judge her?! I personally love and admire Lady Gaga for expressing herself so freely! Haven't these religious groups heard of the phrase "freedom of expression"? It's pathetic that they misuse the very concept of religion for an ulterior motive! :angry:

Right on sista!

I see that her tour is heading down to Oz in the next couple of months....you'll have to update us on any happenings!!! :)

Yesterday, she proclaimed the day to be "Born This Way Day" due to it being 1 year since the album was released.

What's everone's impression of Born This Way? Like it better than The Fame or Fame Monster?

Peace.

I think I still prefer the "Fame"/"Fame Monster" songs.

All this hullabaloo reminds me of the protests Madonna used to get whenever she tried to tour Southeast Asia or Italy. It's the same old usual suspects protesting and puffing themselves up in false outrage.

Glad to see nothing's changed in the last 20-30 years...except that more children were raped under the guise of religion.

Lady Gaga will have to cancel her sold-out show in Indonesia following protests by Islamic hard-liners and conservative lawmakers, who said her sexy clothes and dance moves will corrupt the youth.

National police spokesman Boy Rafli Amar, responding to the pressure, said Tuesday that the permit for her June 3 "Born This Way Ball" concert had been denied.

Indonesia, a nation of 240 million people, has more Muslims than any other. Although it is secular and has a long history of religious tolerance, a small extremist fringe has become more vocal in recent years.

Hard-liners have loudly criticized Lady Gaga, saying the suggestive nature of her show threatened to undermine the country's moral fiber. Some threatened to use physical force to prevent her from stepping off the plane.

Lawmakers and religious leaders, too, have spoken out against her.

Worried they could not guarantee security, local police recommended the permit for the show be denied, said Amar, adding that national police decided Tuesday to comply.

Hi:

I like the tunes from THE FAME MONSTER....the tunes from BORN THIS WAY are fine also...one of my fav tunes from that cd is GOVERNMENT HOOKER... :guitar_mood:

Juliet :piano: ...that's me trying to play YOU AND I from BORN THIS WAY

LOVE Gov't Hooker! You and I was great in concert on her last tour - I do love Speechless though too (she didn't play it at our show)! Overall, I like BTW right now because the other discs have been played out so much. But, there are a few weak songs on that disc - IMO. I'm glad I caught her when we did because I believe this tour is going to be heavy on the BTW songs. Marry The Night should be great live - I've seen her do so many of the new songs on the different shows/events she has played over the past year, it will be interesting to see how she does them within the context of a complete show and not just a one-off song. Her performances are so varied, it reminds me of bands from days gone bye....but that would be blaspheme to say around here! ;)

This whole concert thing in the far east is crazy, like Strider said - things haven't changed much over the past 20-30 years, except people's lives being ruined.... She said that she is still currently writing music while on tour, wonder if these events will show up in a song or two?

Peace.

:)

Hi:

I like the tunes from THE FAME MONSTER....the tunes from BORN THIS WAY are fine also...one of my fav tunes from that cd is GOVERNMENT HOOKER... :guitar_mood:

Juliet :piano: ...that's me trying to play YOU AND I from BORN THIS WAY

Oops I used the wrong emoticon for Government Hooker..that tune has more electronic instrumentation....

The guitar player emoticon would better suit the tune AMERICANO...I like that tune....

Not a huge fan of Americano, but my son likes it after it was in the movie "Puss 'n Boots". I heard she was playing it in her current setlist.

Did you see The Simpsons Gaga show last Sunday? VERY humorous. They show a lot of her early performances on Palladia, if you get that channel...:)

Normal? Her and her genre are not normal. Pop music is not normal, its goofy and untalented.

Now your talkin out ya ass.....That's a false concept. Not ALL pop music is talentless. You still have the majority of Gangsta Rap and Death Metal to consider first...... ;)

I believe at one award ceremony last year Brian May played the guitar solo in YOU AND I..Do I need to tell those doubters who Brian May is?.

J

PS GAGA HAS CANCELLED THE JAKARTA INDONESIA CONCERT FOR SAFETY REASONS

Edited by Juliet

Back when she was somewhat normal..

I always love to see that clip. A 19-year-old out on her own, trying to find her way and make it the best she can. Working 3 jobs to make a career for herself!

What is "normal" BTW?

What is "normal" BTW?

nor·mal

adjective

conforming to the standard or the common type; usual; not abnormal; regular; natural.

serving to establish a standard.

Psychology .

a.

approximately average in any psychological trait, as intelligence, personality, or emotional adjustment.

b.

free from any mental disorder; sane.

nor·mal

adjective

conforming to the standard or the common type; usual; not abnormal; regular; natural.

serving to establish a standard.

Psychology .

a.

approximately average in any psychological trait, as intelligence, personality, or emotional adjustment.

b.

free from any mental disorder; sane.

So are you speaking in terms of parts of speech or as a pyschologist?