Lady Gaga

Juliet

• 2 weeks later...

Hi:

I bought ART POP....so far I love the duet with r. Kelly.....turned it way up while driving through the countryside..I also listened to it in the car at nght....very seductive...a real loooove tune..Barry White would be proud......

I like the first tune...very experimental ....APPLAUSE is the last tune on the cd...there's a tune with t.i. and Twista making contributions...interesting...

I have not listened to the whole cd yet...so I'll get back to ya....

Juliet

I made an error with my last Gaga post....it should be R. Kelly (capital R not small r)...I omitted a rapper. Too Short is also on the tune JEWELS N' DRUGS....with Twista and t.i...

I can't stop listening to the duet with R. Kelly...Do What U Want..it is so good.....it's now getting air play

Hi everyone! :wave:

I haven't contributed much to this thread, except for one measly post many moons ago. But now, I am really eager to share my thoughts on Lady Gaga (please pardon my rambling for this is going to be a rather long post!) and I hope to actually contribute something to this thread in future.

First off, my mom is a fan of Lady Gaga and for the past couple of years, she kept urging me to buy atleast one of her albums. She was responsible for introducing me to artists like ABBA and the Bee Gees (to name a few) and hence sparked off my interest in “dance oriented” music from a rather early age. The first Lady Gaga song she heard was “Telephone” (back in May, 2012), at a local convenience store, which was just a stone’s throw away from our apartment building. It turns out that one of the check-out counter clerks was a pretty big Lady Gaga fan and you could be sure that if he was manning the counter during that particular day / night, you would most certainly hear atleast one Lady Gaga song! My mom certainly did not forget that tune in a hurry and kept raving about it to me for weeks on end! At the time, I was pretty aloof to my mom’s enthusiasm when it came to Lady Gaga’s music, pretty much dismissing her as “mainstream” and unfairly clubbing her with the likes of (if you’ll pardon the expression) “pop trash” such as Britney Spears and Miley Cyrus (honestly, I am not at all proud of myself for being such a freakin’ snob by dismissing Lady Gaga’s music! Not one of my finest moments!). November, 2012 was when my impressions of her really began to change. I came across a small but interesting article on the internet, from where, I learnt that the legendary Brian May had agreed to work with Lady Gaga on a song for her third studio album! I know that I was more than a year late but regrettably, I don’t keep up with all the latest news from the pop world.

By the way, here’s a link to that article: http://www.gigwise.com/news/63169/lady-gaga-i-cried-when-brian-may-agreed-to-work-with-me. At the time I came across this article, I was experiencing a Blues OVERLOAD! Don’t get me wrong! I absolutely love artists like Robert Johnson, Son House, Blind Lemon Jefferson, Blind Willie Johnson, Blind Willie McTell, Little Walter, Buddy Guy, Howlin’ Wolf, Charley Patton (to name a few!!) and could listen to their music for hours on end, but at the time, it all became a bit too much for me to bear and musically, I needed a change! I needed an escape from the damn monotony!!! It was then that it dawned on me to take a chance, see how Lady Gaga’s track with Brian May sounded and then take it from there. With great anticipation, I checked into itunes and rather nervously hit the “play preview” button and began listening. What I heard was a 1 and a half minute preview of a really rockin’ yet beautifully romantic and catchy ballad, sung by a very very talented lady! With the awesome beats of “We Will Rock You”, Brian May on guitar, Lady Gaga’s beautiful voice and catchy lyrics, what more could I possibly ask for?! Obviously, without a doubt, I certainly wanted more! So, I began exploring the previews of the rest of the songs on “Born This Way”. It was one heck of a musical experience! The entire album gave me goosebumps! “Born This Way” IMHO, is nothing short of a masterpiece! It is (according to me) her career high and yes, I am rather disappointed that she did not win a bucket load of Grammy awards for this! Beautifully inspirational themes, kick ass beats, her sheer versatility as evidenced by the appearance of a variety of music genres on the album (ranging from rock, dance pop, opera, etc.) were just some of the features which made me want to run out and buy “Born This Way”! The highlights of the album for me include: “You And I”, “Marry The Night”, “Born This Way”, “Judas”, "Highway Unicorn (Road To Love)", “Hair”, “Americano”, “Bad Kids”, “The Edge of Glory” and “Scheiße”.

I do like her latest offering “ARTPOP”, but I must admit that I am not crazy about it like “Born This Way”. Nevertheless, there are indeed (as usual!) standout tracks such as “Gypsy”, “Venus” and “Applause”. Kudos to you, Lady Gaga! :)

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Happy 28th Birthday to Stefani Germanotta, aka Lady Gaga! :birthday:

To celebrate she is beginning a 7-night sold-out run at Roseland Ballroom in NYC, to close the place down.

Good luck MM and enjoy to all the lucky f*ckers going! :)

Edited by Walter

Tonight on SiriusXM, channel 2, at 11pm et/8pm pt the Gaga concert from Roseland will be broadcast. You can also catch it through their website and smartphone app. Juliet, or any others who are interested, check it out. She has been playing about 13-song sets through her residency there this week - before she closes the place down on Monday.

:peace:

Just had this statement sent to me earlier today:

You can catch Lady Gaga's final performance being live streamed on: www.getmoregaga.com tonight at 9pm EDT, brought to you by Verizon.

Hope any fans out there get a chance to tune in for this final show at Roseland!

:)

• 4 weeks later...

Apparently, last night's opening tour date video can be seen here:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=U213GHutzDw

I haven't checked it out myself....yet.

I tried the link and could get anything to come up. Anyway, last night was the first show....we were unable to attend - oh well. I have read that there were 19 songs played and it was a two hour set that was based on songs from ARTPOP mainly, with many hits sprinkled in as well.

Edited by Walter

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello:

I bought CHEEK TO CHEEK- Lady Gaga's collaboration with Tony Bennett...I've heard some of the tracks..Track 4 (I Can't Give You Anything but Love) has an organ in the accompaniment. I do not really like the sound of that particular organ.

Juliet :stereo:

I read where that disc went to #1 on the charts. I haven't picked up a copy yet. Their voices do mesh well together.

The Fame and The Fame Monster were perfect pop records, will go down as all time classics. Born This way was ok, Artpop was pretty disappointing IMO.

Yeah, each has it's own merit. The first was perfect, I agree. Artpop is better than what most give it credit for, but less would've been more with that release. Keep it at 12 songs next time.