Waiting for a friend by The Stones a dis of Zep?

Matjaz1

Oh, and regarding Waiting on a Friend. I think the shoot location was a tribute to Zeppelin more than anything as both bands were quite friendly. Jimmy even played on the Stones Dirty Work album from 1986 (One Hit (to the body)). Jimmy and Ron Wood go way back, they even shared a woman or two:-)

Oh Sagittarius nice to read all this recognisable things! Čatež yeah, I know it! It's nice to read about all these familiar things, I could relate to alot of them! I must have heard a lot more about them then you did, I live here all my life! A lot of people immigrated in the early 20th century, my great grandfather did!

We were in Čatež as kids with my family once, I know a lot about the war and the communist times after it! They did take ownership of everything after the war and as communists they did some 'nazi' things too, it was the worst 10 years after the war, then it got a lot better, but the right wing party is abusing this topic since 1991 (for daily political discreditation), when we got independent! I'm glad the war only lasted 10 days, it was much longer in Croatia and Bosnia! You watched CNN?

You mentioned Tito, you know, when Plant played in Slovenia, he played at Tito's square, in the town of Koper, the biggest town on the Slovenian sea shore that has 23.000 citizens, juts like my home town Ptuj and the sea shore of Slovenia measures altogether 43 kilometers hehe! Ptuj is the oldest town in Slovenia, it is in existence since the year 69 A.D. , since the Romans!

The capital Ljubljana has 272.000 inhabitants and altogether we have 2 million inhabitans in Slovenia, but you probably know all that, it's more for others!

I'm glad I got to know you, I hope we meet someday! Thanks for nice wishes! Yeah I'm also more and more convinced it was a tribute, maybe because of my confused past I'm more protective of the things I love!

I highly doubt this song had anything to do with Led Zep. If anything, it sounds like a take off of Walk on The Wild Side to me. ;)

Hehe could be! Maybe then it's also a mock on Robert Plant's feminine looks! ;)

Archived