Can you spare a fiver? The Sunday Times 2012 Rich List.

Daniel

The Sunday Times 2012 Rich List is out and two of our boys are in the top fifty as far as their net worth goes.

Robert is worth £80 million, unchanged since last years list.

Jimmy comes in at £75 million, unchanged since last years list.

John Paul Jones can't be hurting but he did not make the top 50. Could be something about his name not appearing as many times as Jimmy and Roberts on their records but I think that it was his stint as a parking lot attendant that really cost him.

Here's a link to the richest British music millionaires.

With the large amount of work that Robert Plant has done after Zeppelin compared to the smaller amount and less successful amount of Jimmy Page I would have thought that Plant would have even more money.

With the large amount of work that Robert Plant has done after Zeppelin compared to the smaller amount and less successful amount of Jimmy Page I would have thought that Plant would have even more money.

I think it's safe to say (and frankly unsurprising) that Zeppelin has contributed the lion's share of Plant's fortune.

I was thinking the same thing, Robert never seems to stop while Jimmy never seems to, well to much of anything. It's hard to believe that Robert's net worth hasn't went up by at least a million pounds since last year but there has to be a huge amount of expenses throwing bands together and touring at will like Robert is fortunate enough to be able to do.

This list means nothing. The wealthiest people do not accurately report their net worth for obvious reasons, this represents only REPORTED income. I am sure it would be quite easy with a good accountant to divert funds to shell corporations and offshore accounts before the income can be reported.Example: Zeppelin go on tour in 1977 and charge $10 on average per ticket. They sell 500,000 tickets for the whole tour (speculate) giving them a net income of $5,000,000. Well, they still have to pay all that touring expense plus write offs for equip replacement or repair, food and drink, and anything else their accountant can think of. So, once all is said and done I would be very surprised if they claimed $500,000 as reported gross income for the whole tour.

From what I have read Jimmy is the wealthiest with a approx net worth of about $200,000,000 and Robert at around $100,000,000 - $120,000,000. The reason Jimmy has more cash than Robert is because Jimmy was a very shrewd investor back in the 70's when interest rates were insane, it took Robert and JPJ a while to develop Jimmy's acumen for money.

I once read such list is based on quantifiable assets (e.g. property, art collections owned, value of businesses owned as well as their publicly declared profits if the companies are Ltd or Plcs, etc) and revenue from tour grosses and album sales in the previous year, etc.), and does not take into account "cash" the individuals may have, as realistically that would be impossible to independently verify. So, really this list does not reflect the true wealth of these people.

Thank you to Sagittarius Rising and indigomoonbeam for the heads up on the inaccuracies this list provides. I would have never guessed Sunday Times would release such inaccurate information! I know that the mainstream media here in the U.S.A. isn't one-sided nor do they every lie about anything, nope never...well never is a long time!

• 1 month later...

It would be impossible to quantify how much any LZ member is worth - the Sunday Times does not have access to their personal investments, investment properties, off shore trusts, or antique/art collections. All this list achieves is to generate publicity for the Sunday Times.

Their assessment of McCartney's wealth was way off the mark when he was divorcing Heather Mills.

Archived