Rock and Roll Circus (the rolling stones)

Aunque no es una banda, esta completamente relacionado con ello. bueno, por si alguien no sabe que es, les dejo una breve historia: The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus es un especial hecho por los Rolling Stones para la televisiónbritánica que se filmó entre el 11 y el 12 de diciembre de 1968 en el recinto Roundhouse de Londres pero que nunca se emitió como tal.

Creado por idea de Mick Jagger y Keith Richards, el programa se produjo como un espectáculo circense. Tuvo atracciones de artistas de circo pero fundamentalmente contó con las actuaciones de, además de los Rolling Stones, Jethro Tull, The Who, John Lennon, Yōko Ono,Eric Clapton, Taj Mahal y Marianne Faithfull. Una de las actuaciones destacadas fue la de Dirty Mac, formado por John Lennon (The Beatles), Keith Richards (Rolling Stones), Eric Clapton(Cream) y Mitch Mitchell (The Jimi Hendrix Experience), interpretando el tema Yer Blues, de The Beatles.

The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus fue emitido en cine en 1996 después de estar casi 30 años guardado en un granero de Inglaterra.

Para mi no es solo una pelicula o un especial de televisión, pero cada uno tiene distintas opiniones, y espero que haya alguien a quien le guste tanto como a mi.

rolling_stones_-_rock_and_roll_circ.jpg

Edited by Johnny_Johnson

It was a great spectacle, but also invaluable for the live versions of the Beggars material, being their only live performance between April 67 and July 69 as far as I'm aware...?

The only downside was the inclusion of Jethro Tull. WTF.

Hey now, at least you got to see Tony Iommi in this early version of Jethro Tull. Funny to think how Jethro Tull got the gig because Mick Jagger passed on Led Zeppelin. Mick thought there were enough guitar-heavy groups on the bill already.

I like the Dirty Mac set. Of course, the Who set was the most memorable for me, but the Stones aren't as bad as Mick feared.

I first saw the complete "Rock and Roll Circus" in 1987 at the Wiltern Theatre in Los Angeles, as part of a Rock Film Festival that Bill Graham organized. That was also the first time I saw Robert Frank's by-now legendary "Cocksucker Blues"...Mick Jagger sent his personal print for the screening.

The Yoko parts are truly un-listenable and an overwhelming tribute to the power of love to get the better of a man's sensibilities. There is really no other explanation for John Lennon agreeing to let her go on.

There really is no other explanation. I've been trying to find one for forty years and I just can't.

It was a great spectacle, but also invaluable for the live versions of the Beggars material, being their only live performance between April 67 and July 69 as far as I'm aware...? The only downside was the inclusion of Jethro Tull. WTF.
Dude... Next time you watch the Jethro Tull section, check out the Lefty Guitarist playing the white Spray-painted Stratocaster... That's right ... It's Tony Iommi's 1st and only public appearance with Jethro... miming Song for Jeffery

Edit.... Sorry strider ... didn't see you already pointed this out...

Edited by the chase

^ I knew that. But it's still Jethro Tull.

My older brother has always hated them too.... all because of Bungle in The Jungle..

Some Tull I love .. like Songs From The Wood and Minstrel In The Gallery... some not as much..

• 7 years later...