NFL legend Junior Seau Found dead

Black Dawg

As a USC fan, this hits hard...I remember Junior Seau's days as a Trojan.

Sometimes great college players don't transition well to the NFL, but you could tell that Seau wouldn't be one of those guys that flopped in the League. Incredible instincts and drive. Was disappointed the Chargers got him and not the Raiders.

That is a weird stat that 8 players from that 1994 San Diego team have died.

I have seen the headlines. Any details? A note? Or are they keeping mum?? You look at these people that have more money than many of us will ever have and they still decide to do this. I have seen this close to home He must have been very depressed?

I have seen the headlines. Any details? A note? Or are they keeping mum?? You look at these people that have more money than many of us will ever have and they still decide to do this. I have seen this close to home He must have been very depressed?

They were keeping mum. I was listening to a former team mate Brendon Ayanbadejo attribute his recent battles with depression to NFL injuries. He said he was happy person on the Chargers, well liked and a great guy. This truly is a sad day.

As a USC fan, this hits hard...I remember Junior Seau's days as a Trojan.

Sometimes great college players don't transition well to the NFL, but you could tell that Seau wouldn't be one of those guys that flopped in the League. Incredible instincts and drive. Was disappointed the Chargers got him and not the Raiders.

That is a weird stat that 8 players from that 1994 San Diego team have died.

Too bad he couldn't transition from great NFL player to a life outside of football. Very sad to hear this news today. He is at peace now, but the family will have to struggle with the aftermath.

It's very difficult to live a regular, normal type life once a person has tasted the spotlight and felt the adulation of a crowd. Added to this the probability of a TBI (traumatic brain injury) inflicted through years of rough play and you have a very dangerous combination. I am always amazed that there are not more former greats passing away.

It's such a shame, many people, especially from minority backgrounds, still believe a stigma exists in regards to psychological therapy and biological intervention. A little help and a lot of support can go a long way.

It's very difficult to live a regular, normal type life once a person has tasted the spotlight and felt the adulation of a crowd. Added to this the probability of a TBI (traumatic brain injury) inflicted through years of rough play and you have a very dangerous combination. I am always amazed that there are not more former greats passing away.

It's such a shame, many people, especially from minority backgrounds, still believe a stigma exists in regards to psychological therapy and biological intervention. A little help and a lot of support can go a long way.

By biological intervention do you mean anti depressants? If so, the thing is how to trust the right one, the right Dr? I have seen it first hand go South.

I saw a Sports Illustrated issue that featured athletes who recently passed away and many died from heart attacks, some were murdered and some committed suicide.

Fame & glory is fleeting.

Archived