VAN HALEN!

Toronto Zeppelin

Caught Van Halen last night in Texas.

They can still rock.

Alex Van Halen`s drum solo was the hightlight.

Eddie was a little subdued and seemed content to play and do backing vocals.

He didn`t change guitars all night and played very few blistering solos.

The only disappointment.

He also didn`t smoke ONE cigarettee all night. The first time I saw them in 1980 he a butt hanging from his lip the entire show.

Also he was jacked through his amp while Wolfie was cordless.

WOLFIE was OK but his bass dominated the sound. Drowned out just about eveything else.

DLR.

Was a cheese ball. A total ham.

His gold jacket looked like something Liberace would wear.

They did play all those standards and I dont think I heard a single Van Hagar tune.

Unchained is my favorite Van Halen song and it came near the end.

Overall the sound was fair. Not to loud except for Wolfie

Worth the $150 even for cheap seats

• 2 weeks later...

saw them this tour, one of the first few shows. it was great. they sounded as good as ever. but i got weirded out a bit because eddy kept kissing wolfgang on the mouth. the kid is what, 16? i've got a teenage son, if i tried to do that he'd kick my ass. did eddy do this at other shows?

as far as sammy goes, i like him too. if you have'nt been to one of his shows, go, you'll have fun. the music rocks, and the band is good.

Well here goes my cent and a half.Van Halen is a pretty dang good band.

I saw the several times in 78 anihiem stadium La,cal opening for Sammy Hagar,Black Sabbath,Boston

also 78 New Orleans Louisiana superdome with Doobie Brothers and Rolling Stones

and the Warehouse 1978 in New Orleans with Journey and Montrose minus Hagar.Those were the best of 7 times i saw them with David Lee Roth.Then Norfolk 87 with Bachman Turner Overdrive with Sammy singing then again a couple of years ago with Sammy .To me the original is always the best.

However i saw Sammy with Montrose in the early 70's .Saw him solo in the late 70's the in as mentioned earlier a couple of times with Van Halen he is a great musican .

lps and songs

VAN HALEN 1-THE WHOLE ALBUM KICKS BUTT

VAN HALEN WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST-AND THE CRADLE WILL ROCK,EVERYBODY WANTS SOME

VAN HALEN-DIVER DOWN - LITTLE GUITARS,HANGEM HIGH -SINCE YOUVE PUT IT IN THE PLAYER

VAN HALEN-FAIR WARNING-UNCHAINED

VAN HALEN 1984- PANAMA -I AM BURNED OUT ON SOME OF THE OTHER POPULAR SONGS ON THIS ONE

• 2 months later...

This some interplay between the lead singer of Van Halen and the guitarist from the tour this year:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Jlm_NCNzWeY

When I think about Jimmy Page and Robert Plant interplayed...

THERE'S NO FUCKING COMPARISION !!!!

Whatever Van Halen bring to the table.....

It's nothing compared to what Page & Plant bring forth.

It just makes me laugh to consider DLR relevant.

Eddie, otoh, is ripping it !! :D

I think Van Halen Rocks but they were better 25 or more years ago well I guess we all were

Have you seen any shows on this current tour? Provided they don't cancel or reschedule again I'll be seeing them Monday night for the first time since June of 1979.

Have you seen any shows on this current tour? Provided they don't cancel or reschedule again I'll be seeing them Monday night for the first time since June of 1979.

No I decided not to go because I did not like the opening act and I had to work so I would have had to beg for the day off and I am saving that favor for the Zep reunion. I saw them in 2004 and they were good but they lack the spark of the earlier shows. They are like Me older and slower but still good

No I decided not to go because I did not like the opening act and I had to work so I would have had to beg for the day off and I am saving that favor for the Zep reunion. I saw them in 2004 and they were good but they lack the spark of the earlier shows. They are like Me older and slower but still good

Wasn't the 2004 version with Sammy?

I don't expect VH circa '79. Hell, even then I thought every song sounded alike live. I always got the impression if they ever reunited with Dave that it would be a trainwreck or a bloodbath (or both). That it's nothing like that is what I've been most impressed by.

Wasn't the 2004 version with Sammy?

I don't expect VH circa '79. Hell, even then I thought every song sounded alike live. I always got the impression if they ever reunited with Dave that it would be a trainwreck or a bloodbath (or both). That it's nothing like that is what I've been most impressed by.

Yes 04 was Sammy who is my favorite but it was cool with Roth when it started but Sammy is way more talented. Montrose, solo,HSAS,Van Halen

Yes 04 was Sammy who is my favorite but it was cool with Roth when it started but Sammy is way more talented. Montrose, solo,HSAS,Van Halen

I don't mind Hagar and some of his outside work and even like a good deal of what he did with Van Halen but I prefer Roth in the VH lineup. Sammy may have taken them to the top of the charts but it was on the strength of pussy ass power ballads that definitely didn't fit Van Halen's character. I also lost a great deal of respect for Aerosmith when they took the same route. I love You See Me Crying but there's a huge difference between that and the sell out big movie ballads and shit they did for MTV.

This photo was not the best to show his r'n'r turnout....my mates have got MUCH BETTER ones (if they will send them to me...SIGH!!:().....you'll get it when you see those I assure ya! :)

Edited by dragster