VAN HALEN!

Toronto Zeppelin

Another 1977 gem! So aggressive. Just before I turned 8. I know I had heard Van Halen I at this point because of You Really Got Me, being my household was strictly 50’s and early/mid 60’s music I knew the original well. My cousin from NYC was always giving me and my sister the heads up of what was hip and happening and she turned me on to the rest of VH I. Upstate New York was always at least 2 years behind the trend! :lol: 

Edited by Walter

22 minutes ago, Strider said:

The night they opened for UFO. But I was not there. I wasn't even aware of Van Halen yet. None of their party flyers made it to Riverside.

Oh man. I’m sure you’ve heard this one? Really amazing considering how early it is. They cover Last Child and Tush pretty well. The Rover is, well....  

@badgeholder ??? 

On 4/21/2021 at 9:33 AM, badgeholder said:

That's not the UFO show, there's no recording of that one (that I'm aware of). This is earlier, but same place (Golden West Ballroom)

I thought this was the earlier Golden West Ballroom show?

http://www.vhboots.com/clubdays.html

What is this, then?

http://www.vhboots.com/goldenwest.html

The setlist are clearly different and Dave mentions Thursday night on the first bootleg, when May 9, 1976 was a Sunday night.

Edited by Strider

Happy 40th Anniversary to Van Halen's darkest, toughest album…"Fair Warning". Released on April 29, 1981, this is probably the most underrated of the six original albums with David Lee Roth. "Unchained", "Hear About It Later", "So This is Love?", "Mean Street"…all killer songs. Which all sounded great in concert. For the 1981 Fair Warning Tour was the peak of live Van Halen. They were never better after that.

van_halen_fair_warning_b0003a53.jpg.54765572fe91d2a2ff289b7db2d52a51.jpg

Been listening to some Sammy era of VH. Not my favorite, but For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge was a step back to original Eddie sound on guitar and for me that was a step in the right direction. Good short set here. 🤘🏼🎸🤘🏼

• 3 weeks later...