VAN HALEN!

Toronto Zeppelin

I don't mind Hagar and some of his outside work and even like a good deal of what he did with Van Halen but I prefer Roth in the VH lineup. Sammy may have taken them to the top of the charts but it was on the strength of pussy ass power ballads that definitely didn't fit Van Halen's character. I also lost a great deal of respect for Aerosmith when they took the same route. I love You See Me Crying but there's a huge difference between that and the sell out big movie ballads and shit they did for MTV.

Whats wrong with Pussy? anyway I like a lot of the Van Halen stuff before and after Roth there is a few I can leave but all in all its cool it just seemed after the first couple of Sammy cds they kind of started to sound the same.But a lot of pretty good bands do that .Aerosmith yes I must agree I like the first 4 albums the best most have cuts I like but those were great

Whats wrong with Pussy? anyway I like a lot of the Van Halen stuff before and after Roth there is a few I can leave but all in all its cool it just seemed after the first couple of Sammy cds they kind of started to sound the same.But a lot of pretty good bands do that .Aerosmith yes I must agree I like the first 4 albums the best most have cuts I like but those were great

You should really look into the use of periods. <--- like that, for example.

Yes 04 was Sammy who is my favorite but it was cool with Roth when it started but Sammy is way more talented. Montrose, solo,HSAS,Van Halen

Pavaratti was/is way more talented....

But when it comes to singing VH songs from 1978-1984... it's DLR all the way !

Which is why I listen, reather than watch the DLR act of now. I'm sentimental.... but...not that sentimental!!

Sammy with the boys is Van Hagar to me, and all that means. = (It means little to me... like Def Leppard means little to me. LIke post 1978 Aerosmith means little to me. Like Poison means little to me. etc, etc)

Edited by The Rover

You should really look into the use of periods. <--- like that, for example.

Are you one of the Grammer Police Well listen up ! I have been doing things the same way for about 50 years and have done fairly well ... So I will continue to do things the way I like till I Die so get over yourself.My old Dad told Me not to live your life to please others because if you do you will never be happy.

I have several Van Halen boots from 75-77 and I dont have that cut .I really dont know if it is avilable or not also saw them live quite a few times in 78 and 79 and dont remmeber it being played.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi:

Has anyone heard about VH touring in Canada now?

I saw a message on MUCH MORE MUSIC this am that VH will be in Hamilton on Thurs....True or False? I have not received any newsletters about Canada gigs...

PS...I should have checked their website before I asked this question.....No they will not be in Hamilton this Thurs...they are still in the US...I'll have to watch MMM tomorrow to see if they repeat something about VH....

Edited by Juliet

LIVE VAN HALEN DVD COMING!:

Good news folks - the David Lee Roth fronted Van Halen 2008 tour will be captured and released on DVD! One reader Eric, who just returned from the latest show sent me this message: "At tonight's show in NJ, Dave told the audience that it was the first night to be shot for a live DVD release.. I was very impressed by Eddie tonight.. he looked and sounded like the Ed from 1995.. Dave was, well, Dave... Wolfe did a good job, but Mike was badly missed, and Alex held the whole thing together..."

Sounds good to me!

http://www.melodicrock.com/

Hi:

Has anyone heard about VH touring in Canada now?

I saw a message on MUCH MORE MUSIC this am that VH will be in Hamilton on Thurs....True or False? I have not received any newsletters about Canada gigs...

PS...I should have checked their website before I asked this question.....No they will not be in Hamilton this Thurs...they are still in the US...I'll have to watch MMM tomorrow to see if they repeat something about VH....

I did not see the promo today on MMM...other info was gone as well...such as info on Madonna's and Tin Turner's tour....

I'd love it if they came back to Canada. That Hamilton show has been rumoured for awhile, but nothing official.

Have you guys checked out some of the YouTube videos of VH from the Fair Warning Tour? There's 3 vids (Unchained, So This Is Love, and Hear About It Later) from Oakland, and they are absolutely awesome. Check them out!

• 3 weeks later...

VAN HALEN Tour Grosses More Than $93 Million

Ray Waddell of Billboard.com reports: Though not without setbacks, the VAN HALEN reunion tour ended up a massive success, wrapping June 2 in Grand Rapids, Mich., with a total gross of more than $93 million and close to one million in attendance from 74 shows.

The tour featured founding members David Lee Roth, and Eddie and Alex Van Halen, along with Eddie's son Wolfgang Van Halen.

The shows marked the first time Roth had performed with the band in more than 23 years. VAN HALEN's handlers say it was the top-grossing tour in the band's history.

I guess there will be no more Canadian gigs...for now...

Juliet

VAN HALEN Confirmed For QUÉBEC CITY SUMMER FESTIVAL

The Québec City Summer Festival (Le Festival d’été de Québec), in conjunction with the Société du 400e anniversaire de Québec, today pulled the last — and certainly not least — rabbit out of its hat! None other than hard rock legend VAN HALEN (with more than 80 million albums sold worldwide) was selected to kick off the festivities on July 3, on the Scène Bell stage. Also scheduled to appear are STONE TEMPLE PILOTS and LINKIN PARK, among other bands.

Québec City's Summer Festival is said to be the largest outdoor arts festival in Canada. With 400 shows and 1000 artists over 11 days (July 3-13), the excitement in the art of majestic Québec City will be contagious.

Rock, world music, French, jazz, classical, street art, the festival has exclusive and large scale events to suit every taste.

Hi Pagemeister:

This is interesting....

I rec'd a VH newletter celebrating the end of their tour...there was mention of the future but nothing specific....

I'm sure Montreal VH fans and those VH fans who can get to Montreal will be very happy...

I was playing David Lee's A Little Ain't Enough CD while I was having my breakfast. I was imagining he was singing to me from across the table...hey...gotta have some fantasy...keeps me sane and young!!!!!

Juliet :wub:

• 10 months later...