VAN HALEN!

Toronto Zeppelin

Woah!!! :hysterical: What a fuckin' brilliant idea! :hysterical:

No offense to their fans but Chickenshit would definitely qualify. Curious that Chad Smith would even have time for such a project right now especially considering Red Hot Chili Peppers are gearing up for the release of their new record. Guess he needs the $$$$$.

And to now attempt to keep this on topic I will just say that Van Halen in it's orginal form was only rivaled by The Who for their live performances in my opinion and experience.

Being from SoCal I probably saw more Van Halen shows than any other band, and they were always great shows.

Well I only saw Van Halen twice but both times were with the original lineup. They were high energy deluxe and they rocked very hard. The first time I saw them they opened for Journey (who had just put out their first album with Steve Perry)........poor Journey didn't have a chance in hell :) VH did a 45 minute opening set and walked off. I think their first album was out for like a week or two? People were slack jawed, they were epic.

Edited by dazedcat

• 4 weeks later...

From RollingStone.com:

Van Halen's Australian Dates Canceled

The group is rumored to be wrapping up first album with David Lee Roth since 1984

By ANDY GREENE

main.jpg

Van Halen performs in Washington, DC on their last tour.

Ricky Carioti/The Washington Post/Getty Images

Van Halen's Australian mini-tour – originally booked for September – has been canceled. It was supposed to be the band's first performances since their reunion tour with David Lee Roth ended in the summer of 2008. Van Halen was scheduled to headline the traveling five-date Soundwave Revolution Festival, but yesterday promoters announced that they were pulling the plug on the festival, which also had Alice Cooper, Hole, Bad Religion, Alter Bridge and Panic! At The Disco on the bill.

"Many of the festival bands will still be coming to Australia in that time period," says a note on the festival's website. "We will be announcing these events in the next seven days."

According to reports, the festival was canceled because of poor ticket sales – and organizers' inability to secure a second headliner. Australia's Triple M reports that festival organizers had unsuccessfully tried to book Aerosmith, who launch their own world tour in late October. Although some of the festival bands are still headed to Australia for make-up dates, Van Halen reportedly has no such plans.

Getting solid information from the Van Halen camp is like getting info out of the Kremlin, but the band is rumored to be close to finishing their first studio album with David Lee Roth since 1984. The band hasn't released a new album since their ill-fated 1998 disc Van Halen III with former Extreme frontman Gary Cherone. They reunited with Sammy Hagar for a tour in 2004, and three years later they brought David Lee Roth back to the fold – though by that point founding bassist Michael Anthony had been replaced by Eddie's son Wolfgang Van Halen.

The band has no dates on the books at the moment, hopefully they still plan on hitting the road this fall –preferably behind a new album. The fans have waited long enough.

• 3 weeks later...

How about starting a thread devoted to Chickenfoot, they have no place in one that's about Van Halen.

Sorry Jah, but they absolutely do have a place in the Van Halen thread .

Actually, half of Chickenfoot were once members of VH - and for a longer period than David Lee Roth.

And since there has not been too much Van Halen activity since , well....1998,

I thought I'd throw ya a bone here.

A chicken bone as it were....

Nobody gives a fuck about Chickenshit! Van Halen fans don't care, Red Hot Chili Pepper fans don't care!

Give it a rest mate; follow Jahfin's advice and start a Chickenshit thread and that way the few people that do care can congregate there without poisoning the Van Halen thread with this rubbish.

Thinking that you're doing us Van Halen fans a favor by posting Chickenscratch clips is like posting Rod Stewart's latest cabaret or his disco songs on a Faces forum. It just adds insult to injury.

Edited by Strider

He obviously just wants to troll this thread, like he has done before here and other threads. BTW, there is already a thread on here for that piece 'o crap band! But he won't use it! :rolleyes:

Actually there are 3 that I found in a matter of seconds and guess who started 2 of them? Yep, the troll in question! :rolleyes:

Edited by Walter

From RollingStone.com:

Van Halen's Australian Dates Canceled

The group is rumored to be wrapping up first album with David Lee Roth since 1984

There goes my mention ( and possible hope) in another thread that VH would be hereabouts in September.

I hope the above rumour with DLR comes to fruition.New/old Van Halen music will be interesting to say the least.

I enjoyed seeing them in concert a couple of years ago. Dave definitely still has it as a frontman and vocalist. What they could come up with in the studio at this stage remains to be seen. I'd also be interested in hearing it but don't have my hopes up too high.

There goes my mention ( and possible hope) in another thread that VH would be hereabouts in September.

I hope the above rumour with DLR comes to fruition.New/old Van Halen music will be interesting to say the least.

Oh, I'm sure it'll be interesting. Of course the problem is that "interesting" and "good" don't always go hand-in-hand.

Just have to wait-and-see. At least it won't be as bad as VH III.

• 1 month later...

I saw the band play once when I was 18 or 19. It was 1991 and the opening act was Alice in Chains. I slightly prefer the Roth era, so I really wish I had seen them earlier. They're a fun band. I wish they had more available in stores on DVD.

• 4 weeks later...

Van Halen. I'm going to say that I am probably in the minority section of VH fans that prefer Sammy Hagar albums with VH - over Roth. They just sounded different (in a better more mature way) with Hagar. He was an extremely better vocalist if you just go off of talent and quality of songs they wrote with him. Roth made a permanant statement with VH and they worte alot of great songs with him as well. To me, their better songwriting days were in the latter half of their career. The 5150 album is a favorite of mine. What a monster!

Edited by Rock Historian