Jimmy Page goes shopping!

what was he looking for? did he buy anything? was that ross halfin? jimmys hair looks amazing today!

Jimmy and Ross browsing books. Jimmy's got his reading glasses on and there's one in his hand as they are leaving.

The videotaper was rather unobtrusive I thought.

Fair point. It was at some distance away.

I just personally felt uncomfortable watching and I don't think I could have been the one holding that camera for so long. Towards the end Jimmy clocks the camera, looks away fast, and they move on quickly. Must happen all the time.

Wow. Was I the only dork waving to him as he left? He probably said, "Ross, do you have some money?" lol I love seeing Jimmy outside of Zeppelin intermixed with....everyday people. Even though he's like, GOD he's so human. Thanks for posting!

It's strange to me that this is a theme, a topic. I mean he is a human, just like you or me, it isn't extra that he went to shopping. But obviously the guy who made this video was very excited and if I ever see Jimmy Page on the street probably I don't know what I would do, but he is a human nothing more, ok, a very very talented human. Enthusiasm is a strange thing.

It seems to be Covent Garden, I remember being there when I was in London... or maybe it's just a very similar market

Thanks Laura Page - hope you get to visit London again - soon!!

Wow, this is really creepy. If I saw Jimmy in public I'd probably shake his and say hello, maybe take a picture. But this is a little too much. At least the camera man didn't run up to him and beg for a new album or have a plan to get Plant to do a Zeppelin reunion tour though.

Wow, this is really creepy. If I saw Jimmy in public I'd probably shake his and say hello, maybe take a picture. But this is a little too much. At least the camera man didn't run up to him and beg for a new album or have a plan to get Plant to do a Zeppelin reunion tour though.

Haha. I agree. From all that I've ever heard of the man, I don't think he'd mind something along those lines.

I agree about this is too creepy, even though it was interesting to see Jimmy looking at books and having his glasses. (I forgot he wears them sometimes now. I read he did and he has them in IMGL). I think the cameraman should not have filmed himself at the end. That was so distasteful. I also think that he shouldn't have been filmed Jimmy at all without his knowledge. I certainly wouldn't want to be.

+1

I would kindly ask for a picture or autograph, not spy on him with a hidden cam. :(

Jimmy is obviously looking for a copy of "Not For Sale"... which he didn't find.

Jimmy, pm your address to me and I'll be glad to comp you a signed and numbered limited edition copy.

Feel really stalker-ish for sitting here and watching that.

I agree about this is too creepy, even though it was interesting to see Jimmy looking at books and having his glasses. (I forgot he wears them sometimes now. I read he did and he has them in IMGL). I think the cameraman should not have filmed himself at the end. That was so distasteful. I also think that he shouldn't have been filmed Jimmy at all without his knowledge. I certainly wouldn't want to be.

+1

I would kindly ask for a picture or autograph, not spy on him with a hidden cam. :(

I think this is a horrible invasion of Jimmy's privacy - and I'm glad to see that there are others here who feel that way too. I think it would be one thing if the bookseller greeted Jimmy and perhaps asked if they could be photographed together...but to secretly tape the man while he is out shopping with his friend is creepy and stalkerish. That's bad enough but then to put it up on YouTube as if he's proud of doing that - he really sinks to a low level, in my opinion. My husband and I often work with prominent people in our business and neither of us would dream of betraying anyone's confidentiality and we certainly would never secretly tape or record anyone, for any purpose.

Personally, if I lived in the area and knew who that bookseller was, I would refuse to patronize his stall on principle. Some fan(atic)s view Jimmy as an object rather than a human being and, when it comes to capturing and sharing elements of his life, it seems that everything and anything is fair game. People here who know/knew Jimmy have long realized that he is a human being and they respect his privacy and his right to his private time with his friends and family. I don't know Ross at all but he seems to be a loyal and protective friend to Jimmy.

I think this is a horrible invasion of Jimmy's privacy - and I'm glad to see that there are others here who feel that way too. I think it would be one thing if the bookseller greeted Jimmy and perhaps asked if they could be photographed together...but to secretly tape the man while he is out shopping with his friend is creepy and stalkerish. That's bad enough but then to put it up on YouTube as if he's proud of doing that - he really sinks to a low level, in my opinion. My husband and I often work with prominent people in our business and neither of us would dream of betraying anyone's confidentiality and we certainly would never secretly tape or record anyone, for any purpose.

Personally, if I lived in the area and knew who that bookseller was, I would refuse to patronize his stall on principle. Some fan(atic)s view Jimmy as an object rather than a human being and, when it comes to capturing and sharing elements of his life, it seems that everything and anything is fair game. People here who know/knew Jimmy have long realized that he is a human being and they respect his privacy and his right to his private time with his friends and family. I don't know Ross at all but he seems to be a loyal and protective friend to Jimmy.

Well, for all we know the taper asked them if it would be alright. Regardless, they are both public figures in a public place and as such have no reasonable expectation of privacy. There are photos of he and Ross shopping together proudly and prominently displayed on the walls of most of the Nishi-Shinjuku bootleg outlets. Jimmy mustn't mind for he not only posed for them but has returned again and again. Bottom line here is when he expects/requires privacy the necessary arrangements are made.

Archived