Jimmy Page goes shopping!

Haven't read this whole thread, but that's pretty stink of Jimmy to deny the guy a picture to be honest. A man of his stature will know that going out in public will attract that kind of attention, I would be gutted as hell if I ran into Jimmy (not like I ever will considering where I live) and he denied me a photo or autograph. It comes with the territory of being the guitarist of one of the biggest bands that have graced a stage.

I know some folks on here are going to disagree with me on this but how hard would it have been to take a photo with the guy or sign an autograph for him?

I know some folks on here are going to disagree with me on this but how hard would it have been to take a photo with the guy or sign an autograph for him?

Tom,

Maybe if the guy had gone up and offered Jimmy £135 for his signature (the extra price charged for the deluxe LP's), he would given him it. :D I agree with you on everything you say. I wonder if it is the case that Halfin is more annoyed about this than Jimmy - RH revels in his role as 'Jimmy's best friend'.

Haven't read this whole thread, but that's pretty stink of Jimmy to deny the guy a picture to be honest. A man of his stature will know that going out in public will attract that kind of attention, I would be gutted as hell if I ran into Jimmy (not like I ever will considering where I live) and he denied me a photo or autograph. It comes with the territory of being the guitarist of one of the biggest bands that have graced a stage.

I never saw the big deal in getting an autograph.. at all.

I'd settle for a handshake or even ....

"Hello"

"Hello"

:I'm a big fan"

"Oh! Thanks!"

"You're welcome.... Have a nice day"

"You too"

I'm sure Jimmy would rather someone smile, wave or say hello than see someone filming him from 20 feet away.. That would creep anyone out, much less someone world famous.. He has to be careful. .

In 1983, i walked up to Jimmy, shook his hand and told him "Mr. Page i cannot wait for the concert tomorrow night(ARMS/MSG) and wished him lots of luck. He didnt say anything back but graciously smiled and nodded his head in appreciation. He was totally kool about it. i was lucky enough to have my friends brother recording in the theatre below MSG and he told us they (meaning the whole ARMS crew) were setting up for soundchecks in MSG and that he could get us in. Unfortunately, i was not able to see but only hear as they had most of the entrance ways locked and only people with a badge could get in. But while lurking about in MSG corridors for a door i could possibly sneak in is when i ran into Jimmy,Jeff Beck and 1 other guy. Then to follow that up with 1 the best concerts ive ever seen still to this day. I will never forget the applause that Jimmy got when he 1st came out. Definately mindblowing!!! I could feel every hair on my body tingle

In regards to the video taken by the vendor, i mean yeah it was disrespectful but to start dragging society down by its balls and stating that it immoral or an invasion of privacy IMO is going way overboard and is definately NOT worth fighting or arguing about. If it was, Page and Halfin would have made a stink once they discovered they were being video taped. Did they? NO, probably happens all the time to him. Would i have done it? Probably not, but i would have definately said hello and asked for a photo with him. What have you got to lose? Its not like Pagey isnt use to being approached and photographed. After all, he is Jimmy F'n Page!!! It "Comes with the territory".........

So this is what is making the News section now... Jimmy Page is shopping for books. I know that there is little of Zeppelin that is 'new' in the media but this is getting a little absurd.

Any member of the board can post what they deem to be newsworthy here. On the other hand, it's brought about a discussion about a very worthy topic, when is it crossing the line in regards to invading someone's privacy?

In regards to the video taken by the vendor, i mean yeah it was disrespectful but to start dragging society down by its balls and stating that it immoral or an invasion of privacy IMO is going way overboard and is definately NOT worth fighting or arguing about. If it was, Page and Halfin would have made a stink once they discovered they were being video taped. Did they? NO, probably happens all the time to him. Would i have done it? Probably not, but i would have definately said hello and asked for a photo with him. What have you got to lose? Its not like Pagey isnt use to being approached and photographed. After all, he is Jimmy F'n Page!!! It "Comes with the territory".........

Sounds like you're talking out of both sides of your mouth here. Out of one side you say it's disrespectful but out of the other you totally contradict yourself. I'm not sure who was responsible for having the video removed from YouTube but since neither Page nor Halfin were aware they were being filmed there's no way they could have asked for it to cease. Evidently Halfin was none too happy about it and I don't blame him. Just because a performer is out in public, it doesn't give anyone the right to film them, especially without their permission.

Sounds like you're talking out of both sides of your mouth here. Out of one side you say it's disrespectful but out of the other you totally contradict yourself. I'm not sure who was responsible for having the video removed from YouTube but since neither Page nor Halfin were aware they were being filmed there's no way they could have asked for it to cease. Evidently Halfin was none too happy about it and I don't blame him. Just because a performer is out in public, it doesn't give anyone the right to film them, especially without their permission.

Not you again!

Get real and then get lost!!

p.s - when i shut my mouth and refuse to respond, doesn't mean you've won, it simply means your stupid ass isnt worth my time!!!

Not you again!

Get real and then get lost!!

p.s - when i shut my mouth and refuse to respond, doesn't mean you've won, it simply means your stupid ass isnt worth my time!!!

All of which translates as your reasoning (or more accurately, the lack thereof) doesn't hold water and therefore you don't have a leg to stand on or else you would have been capable of addressing the subject like an adult. Nice.

All of which translates as your reasoning (or more accurately, the lack thereof) doesn't hold water and therefore you don't have a leg to stand on or else you would have been capable of addressing the subject like an adult. Nice.

DONT YOU KNOW HOW TO READ???

DONT YOU KNOW HOW TO READ???

Typing in all caps, nice response. How about actually typing out an articulate reply that makes sense. As I previously stated, your initial reply was contradictory at best. An elaboration on that, one that preferably doesn't resort to nonsensical replies, would be greatly appreciated.

Typing in all caps, nice response. How about actually typing out an articulate reply that makes sense. As I previously stated, your initial reply was contradictory at best. An elaboration on that, one that preferably doesn't resort to nonsensical replies, would be greatly appreciated.

GET LOST!!! And then GET A LIFE!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's kinda strange considering most celebrities move into the paparazzi capital of the world, drive around in flashy vehicles, wear things ugly enough to see from space, leak sex videos of themselves and practically walk around with a sign bearing there name and screaming it through a mega phone and then complain that they have no privacy to see someone who is not begging for attention.

It's kinda strange considering most celebrities move into the paparazzi capital of the world, drive around in flashy vehicles, wear things ugly enough to see from space, leak sex videos of themselves and practically walk around with a sign bearing there name and screaming it through a mega phone and then complain that they have no privacy to see someone who is not begging for attention.

Not begging for attention ? Actually I think he is: but only on his own terms ( and what a relief that is compared to the celebrities you're alluding to ) For example: I think Jimmy is hugely proud of his world record audience - for one of his most defining riffs - in the Beijing Olympics.. I think he cares a lot about justifiable fame, and not at all about spurious fame..

It's actually not "kinda strange" ... it's kinda right .

I imagine he is proud of what he has accomplished and he should be. If he wanted people to pay attention to him the easiest way to do that would be to go on a tour. Realistically, he is Jimmy Page, he could put together an all-star band of amazing musicians who give their lives to play with him and make an ungodly amount of and be the biggest worldwide tour of the decade. He really just seems like he wants to live his life like a lot of other celebrities do.

Like, O.M.G! Jimmy page was totally out shopping and stuff??

Gimme a break.

As for the privacy issue..if the guy is hiding in a book store recording his every move or whatever, that's an invasion, IMO.

What do people need pictures for anyway? Proof? Proof of what... meeting a perfect stranger?

Maybe the book he bought was about how to avoid stalkers that hide in book shops and film his daily life.

Haha, yeah exactly.

Archived