Time On The Computer

redrum

How much time do you personally spend on the internet?

With me if I get 3 hours a week that's a lot because I don't have internet at home.

I personally get very bored after about an hour and have just about had enough today even though I've only been on for less than an hour.

I guess I have better things to do than stare at a screen for hours on end. :^(

A few weeks ago I started trimming Internet time. At some point I realised that I wasn't reading many books. Books that I had bought 4-5 years ago were just sitting on my room's bookshelves. At some point I decided to cut browsing time. Sure I´m writing less on the forum, but I came to the conclusion that that doesn´t make me less of a fan. It isn´t like I was a big contributor anyway, and like someone said "everyone's essential, but noone's necessary". Right now I'm happy to say that I've read two very interesting history books after I decreased my online activity. Furthermore, I'm in the middle of changing jobs.

The Internet was taking a lot of my time, I wasn't exercising (gained a few pounds) and was finding difficult to concentrate on the job hunting. I still go online, but the nature of the activity has changed, if in the past it was a message board I'm now twitting and downloading podcasts which I listen to while on my way to work/home. I want to learn a new language also, it's really hard to find time for everything. Anyway, I think the Internet is great, I couldn't imagine my life without it. To answer the question, It's down to an hour now.

I spend a good part of the day in my home office working on the computer, but that is for work. For my personal time I spend about ninety minutes checking my sites and playing one specific game to unwind just before I go to bed for the night. Northstar.

A few weeks ago I started trimming Internet time. At some point I realised that I wasn't reading many books. Books that I had bought 4-5 years ago were just sitting on my room's bookshelves. At some point I decided to cut browsing time. Sure I´m writing less on the forum, but I came to the conclusion that that doesn´t make me less of a fan. It isn´t like I was a big contributor anyway, and like someone said "everyone's essential, but noone's necessary". Right now I'm happy to say that I've read two very interesting history books after I decreased my online activity. Furthermore, I'm in the middle of changing jobs.

The Internet was taking a lot of my time, I wasn't exercising (gained a few pounds) and was finding difficult to concentrate on the job hunting. I still go online, but the nature of the activity has changed, if in the past it was a message board I'm now twitting and downloading podcasts which I listen to while on my way to work/home. I want to learn a new language also, it's really hard to find time for everything. Anyway, I think the Internet is great, I couldn't imagine my life without it. To answer the question, It's down to an hour now.

Yes, I read a lot of books too. Currently reading 'The Turn Of The Screw'

I have a question and figure this thread is as good as any. I live on this fucking PC. Anyway, this is a brand new HP Pavilion Notebook. 17.5 " screen. I go to www.sportsline.com and now it keeps crashing. ie, loses connection. Just this site. If anyone else can see if they can go there please let me know if its there problem or a setting problem of mine? I reset my defaults today on Internet Options, advanced,.

I have a question and figure this thread is as good as any. I live on this fucking PC. Anyway, this is a brand new HP Pavilion Notebook. 17.5 " screen. I go to www.sportsline.com and now it keeps crashing. ie, loses connection. Just this site. If anyone else can see if they can go there please let me know if its there problem or a setting problem of mine? I reset my defaults today on Internet Options, advanced,.

I went there, no crash.

No idea what it could be.

Safe url according to google:

Safe Browsing

Diagnostic page for sportsline.com

What is the current listing status for sportsline.com?

This site is not currently listed as suspicious.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 7 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 0 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-03-09, and suspicious content was never found on this site within the past 90 days.

This site was hosted on 3 network(s) including AS6641 (SPORTSLINE), AS14618 (AMAZON), AS22822 (LLNW).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, sportsline.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

Next steps:
  • Return to the previous page.

• If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google
    . More information about the review process is available in Google's

Microsoft failure?

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I just backed up my files on a flash drive and used Norton and used drive E. Would this be the correct location using a memory flash drive device? Anyone know?

Drive letter won't matter. When restoring you'll just need to point to location of the image even if drive letter has changed.

Rick,

When you put your flash drive into your computer, go to the bottom left hand of the screen. There you will find the Start button. Click on it and go to 'Computer'. If you click on there, it will tell you which drive is for 'removable disc' i.e. your flashdrive.

When you are saving stuff on your flash drive, use 'save as' and that gives you the option as to where you want to save your files, and you will now know which drive your usb stick is on.

Apologies if I am telling you something which you will have figured out by now - I'm just trying to be helpful. :)

I just backed up my files on a flash drive and used Norton and used drive E. Would this be the correct location using a memory flash drive device? Anyone know?

since I found this forum I am here way to much!!!!

:^)

I've been on more of late because I am posting a lot of old family pics on Facebook.

I still only use the library connection though. May get it at home but can't decide yet.

• 2 months later...

Archived