La Salle student snuck onto stage at 1985's Live Aid

Jahfin

Cool story from the Philadelphia Inquirer but also a bit alarming, especially considering what happened to John Lennon in 1980.

20120513_inq_sneak13-f.JPG

Vincent Johnson on stage with Lionel Richie at Live Aid during the "We Are the World" finale. That's Vincent on the left. To watch footage of the performance, click here.

Just goes to show if you're determined enough, you can sneak in anywhere no matter how heavy the security. There's a guy that is infamous for always being able to crash the Oscars, the Grammys, Super Bowl Parties, whatever. Then there's those publicity whores who got into that Barack Obama dinner a couple of years ago. I, myself, have managed to scam my way in to some exclusive events.

Of course, the risk and drawback to all this is that if you're caught, you'll be pounded by security.

I watched the Beach Boys for a few songs from the perimeter of the downtown Raleigh amphitheatre a couple of weekends ago. Even though I like them I didn't feel it was worthy of forking over the 50 plus bucks to get in. Nor was it worth being hassled by security (or the police) for peeking over the fence for a few songs. I don't think I ever snuck into a concert.

Archived