Five pictures of Jimmy in a box... £7000?

woz70

Personally, I am glad to not see Jimmy Page doing Hall of Fame shows. I saw Jeff Beck in concert not too long ago..walked out (that's another story). I think a lot of these "rock stars" have teetered the edge of 'old hack',IMHO of course. Presidential Campaigning, selling Fender phones, leasing their music to any ol' commercial on the block! This is something I could not accuse JP of. I don't hate the guy, I just don't understand the pussyfooting.

I read an interview in a magazine while at the store couple years back. I believe it was the Guitar World 3D issue? He said something quite curious at the end, left me thinking...Something to the effect of Record Companies have bound and gagged their artists... I don't disagree! It was just out of no where. Somebody please find this interview.

Do you mean this:

Page:"Well I don't know whether it was the media or big business that caged rock and roll. I think it was the business side of things that eventually strapped it down, gagged it and then taxed it."

I can scan in the article if you like. And out of curiosity, why did you walk out of the Jeff Beck concert?

Curious as to why your stating JPJ gave up on Jimmy? It may be true, but do we know that or assuming that? I have always wondered what happened during the post 2007 reunion and why nothing came of it. No one talked much about it......It may be as simple as Jimmy wanting to play Zeppelin material (with or without Plant) and JPJ wanting to move on and write/perform new stuff.

I was under the impression that Page pulled the plug on that project, not Jones.

Since Plant was unavailable due to being previously committed to the Raising Sand tour with Alison Krauss they tried out some other lead singers (including Steven Tyler and Myles Kennedy) but apparently Page wasn't happy with a version of the band that didn't include Robert Plant. At least that was my understanding and I thought that was pretty well covered in the press as well as in discussions about the topic which took place here.

Do you mean this:

Page:"Well I don't know whether it was the media or big business that caged rock and roll. I think it was the business side of things that eventually strapped it down, gagged it and then taxed it."

I can scan in the article if you like. And out of curiosity, why did you walk out of the Jeff Beck concert?

Yes, that sounds about right. It just struck me as off the cuff. Perhaps this has something to do with his procrastination? Could he possibly be striving to stand on his own? Raking in revenue for something to come? If indeed there is something..

The Jeff Beck concert, haha, Man, what an awful show! It was at least a year and a half after Ronnie Scott's and he was still playing the same damn setlist! He had some broad (not Tal) playing bass (he's got a thing for that right?) jumping up and down like a bimbo in Stiletto heels (which I saw as cheap theatrics). But it was mostly bothered me that he put only about 35% of himself into the show . I walked after "Brush with the Blues", which has always been a favorite, and even that lacked enthusiasm.. Yeah, I was disappointed..my enthusiam for JB has since withered.

Maybe if you were at the concert, you may have not have felt ripped off in the same way, but I had a better experience watching him perform with radiance among his collegues sitting on my couch.

Here's my deal, you don't feel it anymore, that is okay, be honest and just hang it up.

I wish he had..playing for Obama.. :redcard: That's so everything against rock and roll...

I wish he had..playing for Obama.. :redcard: That's so everything against rock and roll...

To the contrary...it's very much rock n' roll, especially considering most artists lean to the left politically speaking. And, no matter your political affiliation, I'd say this was one hell of a lineup of musicians and the performance was kick ass as well.

Yes, that sounds about right. It just struck me as off the cuff. Perhaps this has something to do with his procrastination? Could he possibly be striving to stand on his own? Raking in revenue for something to come? If indeed there is something..

The Jeff Beck concert, haha, Man, what an awful show! It was at least a year and a half after Ronnie Scott's and he was still playing the same damn setlist! He had some broad (not Tal) playing bass (he's got a thing for that right?) jumping up and down like a bimbo in Stiletto heels (which I saw as cheap theatrics). But it was mostly bothered me that he put only about 35% of himself into the show . I walked after "Brush with the Blues", which has always been a favorite, and even that lacked enthusiasm.. Yeah, I was disappointed..my enthusiam for JB has since withered.

Maybe if you were at the concert, you may have not have felt ripped off in the same way, but I had a better experience watching him perform with radiance among his collegues sitting on my couch.

Here's my deal, you don't feel it anymore, that is okay, be honest and just hang it up.

I saw JB at RAH in July of 2009. I didn't walk out as I had paid an outrageous amount of money for the tickets but I did get the same impression you did.

I saw JB at RAH in July of 2009. I didn't walk out as I had paid an outrageous amount of money for the tickets but I did get the same impression you did.

Well, that's quite disappointing. Have some pride in your work! You know?

I paid a bit for my tickets as well. I am pretty stubborn. Do I sit here knowing I paid all this money and got ripped off or walk out and stick it to him? I stuck it to him.

Well, that's quite disappointing. Have some pride in your work! You know?

I paid a bit for my tickets as well. I am pretty stubborn. Do I sit here knowing I paid all this money and got ripped off or walk out and stick it to him? I stuck it to him.

Haha I might have done that too but had two people with me who would not have understood.

Haha I might have done that too but had two people with me who would not have understood.

Yes, this happened to me at an Opera, well actually interpretive dance. Turns out people don't like when you want to go off and drink through the rest of the show by yourself. lol

I politely disagree. :)

Over the past several years I've seen a number of left leaning musicians object to the use of their songs by right wing politicians as part of their campaigns but not the other way around. In fact, I can't think of one case of that ever happening.

Since Plant was unavailable due to being previously committed to the Raising Sand tour with Alison Krauss they tried out some other lead singers (including Steven Tyler and Myles Kennedy) but apparently Page wasn't happy with a version of the band that didn't include Robert Plant. At least that was my understanding and I thought that was pretty well covered in the press as well as in discussions about the topic which took place here.

Jimmy talked about it in Mojo, I don't have it handy but it was clear that JPJ and Jason wanted to bring in singers and Page didn't want to at that point, that's why he pulled the plug. Jason seemed to be hit pretty hard by that. Interestingly I've never heard Jonesey's reaction, he just moved on and did TCV...

Over the past several years I've seen a number of left leaning musicians object to the use of their songs by right wing politicians as part of their campaigns but not the other way around. In fact, I can't think of one case of that ever happening.

Oftentimes right leaning artists are afraid to "come out of the closet" because it can be something of career killer, especially in Hollywood. On the musical side I suspect more artists are left leaning but it may just appear that way because they're more vocal about it. I love Jackson Browne but I was a little ashamed of him for making a stink about John McCain using "Running on Empty" in 2008.

The 10 box sets are now marked as 'out of stock'.

There are some rich mofo's out there.

Woz70,

Do you notice that Plant doesn't indulge in selling high end collectibles - he concentrates on recording and performing music. All due respect to him.

Woz70,

Do you notice that Plant doesn't indulge in selling high end collectibles - he concentrates on recording and performing music. All due respect to him.

Very true. I'm not a fan of what he's doing now, but at least he's moving forwards musically and not 'cashing in'.

I know it's not for him to feel any obligation towards us lot, but I did expect more from JP.

Ho-hum.

Jimmy talked about it in Mojo, I don't have it handy but it was clear that JPJ and Jason wanted to bring in singers and Page didn't want to at that point, that's why he pulled the plug. Jason seemed to be hit pretty hard by that. Interestingly I've never heard Jonesey's reaction, he just moved on and did TCV...

as far as I know from some Jones interviews, he was very encouraged by the collaboration with Page and Bonzo Jr and I feel that was very disappointed that 1 year long rehearsal work was interrupted without result

JPJ:

'Up until then I’d been working with Jimmy

and Jason [bohnham] in rehearsal. We were starting another band that wasn’t Led Zeppelin with Robert Plant. We thought, let’s just have a band, but it failed. We had new material and it was a great rock and roll band, and we were prepared to do some Led Zeppelin songs, because that’s what people would expect. We couldn’t agree on singers in the end. It more or less came to a halt. After it finished I called up Dave. I think he was quite surprised.'

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2009/12/05/john-paul-jones-from-led-zeppelin-to-them-crooked-vultures/tab/article/

and here ~ 0'46"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUEdK0ZsMAE&feature=player_embedded#!

Vocalist Myles Kennedy, who tried with them, mentions two things of the new stuff they have worked,

Jason also mentioned that one of these rehearsals riffs used for the recent Black Country Communion album

as far as I know from some Jones interviews, he was very encouraged by the collaboration with Page and Bonzo Jr and I feel that was very disappointed that 1 year long rehearsal work was interrupted without result

JPJ:

'Up until then I’d been working with Jimmy

and Jason [bohnham] in rehearsal. We were starting another band that wasn’t Led Zeppelin with Robert Plant. We thought, let’s just have a band, but it failed. We had new material and it was a great rock and roll band, and we were prepared to do some Led Zeppelin songs, because that’s what people would expect. We couldn’t agree on singers in the end. It more or less came to a halt. After it finished I called up Dave. I think he was quite surprised.'

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2009/12/05/john-paul-jones-from-led-zeppelin-to-them-crooked-vultures/tab/article/

and here ~ 0'46"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUEdK0ZsMAE&feature=player_embedded#!

Vocalist Myles Kennedy, who tried with them, mentions two things of the new stuff they have worked,

Jason also mentioned that one of these rehearsals riffs used for the recent Black Country Communion album

Thanks, pretty interesting. This all confirms one thing in my mind; Page wants Zeppelin or nothing at this point. The real thing or nothing. I think he is at peace with the idea that if he can't create with those guys he doesn't really want to create at this point. His words say otherwise but his actions say "Zeppelin or bust"!

I love Jackson Browne but I was a little ashamed of him for making a stink about John McCain using "Running on Empty" in 2008.

I really can't blame him (or any artist) that has their work misappropriated by a politician (or others), especially when their beliefs are polar opposites. Of course, the most famous case of this was when Ronald Reagan completely misunderstood the meaning behind Springsteen's "Born In the U.S.A." More recently, something like this occurred when Rush Limbaugh made inappropriate remarks about Sandra Fluke on his radio show and everyone from Peter Gabriel to Rush objected to the use of their music on his program. Unfortunately, it came to light that these artists actually have no say legally in how their music is used whether it be in political campaigns or on radio program's such as Limbaugh's. However, what they can do is make it known publicly that they object to the how their music is used in this manner. In most cases, the politicians have taken note and stopped using the music. Not sure how Limbaugh has handled it.

Thanks, pretty interesting. This all confirms one thing in my mind; Page wants Zeppelin or nothing at this point. The real thing or nothing.

As I recall, the band including Page, Jones, Plant and Jason Bonham wasn't going to be called "Led Zeppelin" (I believe this is also posted above). Also, with Jason Bonham in the group, it wouldn't have even been close to "the real thing". Just like the Zeppelin reunions. No John Bonham, no Led Zeppelin. Without actually hearing the music it would be hard to say what it sounded like. Of course it would have bore some sonic resemblance to Zeppelin given the lineup but they also could have taken it elsewhere (as Page, Plant and Jones have done on their own) that wouldn't have been some approximation of Led Zeppelin in the present day.

I really can't blame him (or any artist) that has their work misappropriated by a politician (or others), especially when their beliefs are polar opposites. Of course, the most famous case of this was when Ronald Reagan completely misunderstood the meaning behind Springsteen's "Born In the U.S.A." More recently, something like this occurred when Rush Limbaugh made inappropriate remarks about Sandra Fluke on his radio show and everyone from Peter Gabriel to Rush objected to the use of their music on his program. Unfortunately, it came to light that these artists actually have no say legally in how their music is used whether it be in political campaigns or on radio program's such as Limbaugh's. However, what they can do is make it known publicly that they object to the how their music is used in this manner. In most cases, the politicians have taken note and stopped using the music. Not sure how Limbaugh has handled it.

I hear you. I just felt that we are all Americans in this case, many of us love Jackson Browne's music no matter who we plan to vote for. For him to say that he doesn't want a certain group enjoying his song, as if there's something criminal about not agreeing with his politics, is a little self important for me. And it's not like McCain is some odious extremist. He paid a high personal price for the freedoms we enjoy, and had a long record of working with the other side in the senate. Browne didn't want to be associated with him? Maybe McCain should have felt the same way about Browne, who is certainly no saint.

I apologize for hijacking, we're supposed to be talking about $1000 pictures!

Oftentimes right leaning artists are afraid to "come out of the closet" because it can be something of career killer, especially in Hollywood. On the musical side I suspect more artists are left leaning but it may just appear that way because they're more vocal about it. I love Jackson Browne but I was a little ashamed of him for making a stink about John McCain using "Running on Empty" in 2008.

Unless it's Country Music, then not many "come out of the closet" in the other direction. Dixie Chicks, for example, were completely shunned after coming out against Bush. Politicians should receive permission from artists to use their work, because it gives the image that the artist is in agreement with them when their songs, etc. are used at rallies and in slogans.

Archived