Five pictures of Jimmy in a box... £7000?

woz70

As I recall, the band including Page, Jones, Plant and Jason Bonham wasn't going to be called "Led Zeppelin" (I believe this is also posted above). Also, with Jason Bonham in the group, it wouldn't have even been close to "the real thing". Just like the Zeppelin reunions. No John Bonham, no Led Zeppelin. Without actually hearing the music it would be hard to say what it sounded like. Of course it would have bore some sonic resemblance to Zeppelin given the lineup but they also could have taken it elsewhere (as Page, Plant and Jones have done on their own) that wouldn't have been some approximation of Led Zeppelin in the present day.

You're right, I guess what I meant is that playing with those guys excites him. I don't think he wants to start a truly new band or have management "arrange a marriage" ( a la Coverdale Page) at this point in his life...

Thanks, pretty interesting. This all confirms one thing in my mind; Page wants Zeppelin or nothing at this point. The real thing or nothing. I think he is at peace with the idea that if he can't create with those guys he doesn't really want to create at this point. His words say otherwise but his actions say "Zeppelin or bust"!

Page has never really moved on from Zeppelin creatively or emotionally. All his music since is quite similar in sound and structure. He also has seemingly avoided going out solo and playing smaller halls as it may affect his mystic and the whole Zeppelin image. Certainly would never see him playing at the county fair like some 70's bands! All I know is I've been rather hard on Page lately; for good reason but I just need to get over it and move on.

Will you be opening the SteveAJones coffers, and purchasing one of these?

Highly unlikely. First and foremost - though it will sell out - I believe it's way overpriced. There are just so many more compelling items out there one could purchase for that amount. Secondly, none of the images selected for this project are favorites of mine. Finally, I already have several photographs and other items signed by Jimmy so acquiring more is not deemed a necessity.

Highly unlikely. First and foremost - though it will sell out - I believe it's way overpriced. There are just so many more compelling items out there one could purchase for that amount. Secondly, none of the images selected for this project are favorites of mine. Finally, I already have several photographs and other items signed by Jimmy so acquiring more is not deemed a necessity.

Good man :D . I agree with you on all the points you make. I do not believe any of the portraits is among the best of Jimmy by a long shot. I do not consider any of them to be iconic. The boxed sets have sold out already - probably to people (with more money than brains) who want them as an investment.

I have contacted Rimowa today to find out if the guitarcase is ever going to materialise (which I doubt). If I get a reply from them, I'll post it here.

All I know is I've been rather hard on Page lately; for good reason but I just need to get over it and move on.

That's the way I feel. It's best for everyone to get ahead of the curve and realize Page isn't about to do anything fresh.

Even if he were, and all this is just some antagonistic tease to get people into an uproar, doing it in this fashion isn't acceptable by any means. Even the website launch was a disappointment. 30 days of waiting for html script? Not to mention the typos and the first six months of first person anecdotes written in third person...I think we've all been more than tolerant.

no one likes a tease.

And I don't appreciate the bait and switch. :dont:

The relationship between Jimmy Page & Robert Plant has come full circle now.

Unfortunately for Jimmy, it's the second time he has "lost" Robert. First time was in September of 1980 with the demise of Led Zeppelin. Second time was after WIC and the 1998 World Tour.

I think it's too much to endure for Jimmy.

I mean, Jimmy had encountered incredible hard times to bring back Robert to work with him.

I've always thought during these years that Robert' s positive vision about his time and experience with Led Zeppelin had been totally darkened with the misfortunes of tragic deaths such as John's and Karac's. After 1980, in Robert's thoughts and mind, Led Zeppelin's name was linked with adversity and maybe more, guilty conscience. [see the lyrics of Watching You from Manic Nirvana as an example of that]

Guilty of not having been at home when his son needed the most his presence. Guilty of his lack of fidelity towards his wife. Guilty of not having been able to see that John was not happy with his lifestyle inside the band and despite this was giving 150% of his energy and commitment to the band in the studio and onstage. And because John couldn't bear anymore to live the lifestyle of a tax exilee, far from his family and country, he was destroying himself with booze and alcohol. And what was the reaction of his colleagues in the band ? Continue as if nothing happened ... And who was responsible in the first place to have brought to John the idea of joining forces in LZ ? Robert.

So, in the light of these facts, it's seems pretty evident that for Robert the Led Zeppelin experience was from one point of view completely illuminating but in the same time devastating, and ultimately it's the latter that was the winner, unfortunately.

These psychological elements could partially explain why it became so difficult for Jimmy to bring back Robert in. And when he finally managed to do so, one could imagine it was only in the favour of playing with one of Robert's weakest points : envy. Machiavel could have not acted better.

So, what could be the next step now for Jimmy to fulfill his dream to fly again with LZ ?

This is where the REAL problem begins because all the tricks have been developed but the most important factor is that positivism, constructive energy, idealism, focus and vision have been lost in the process, I'm afraid.

That being said, there's not one day passing by without the wish of seeing John Paul, Jimmy and Robert working together again because one could not easily forget such power and beauty once created together. Because involving Jason could be so RIGHT. Because Art is living transcendance. And when this climax has been reached, thise is the ultimate antidote to the filth of life.

Sorry for my amateurism when I write in English. I'm doing my best. Trying to cummunicate beyond the barriers of language.

OK - so no-one's buying ..

... but if instead he produced an album of wonderful and reasonably-priced new music, and these five images were used as five alternative covers... THEN which one would you pick ?

( Neal Preston for me.. )

I would like to choose Ross Halfin's picture as a cover. I think a current photo of Jimmy sould be better to his new music than an old one.

It's a pity that we just imagine it.

My favorite picture of Jimmy happens to be one of these photos Its the 1970 Jorgen Angel print. Hands down my favorite of all time if I could afford one that would be the one Id buy.

The boxed sets have sold out already - probably to people (with more money than brains) who want them as an investment.

There are the investors. I imagine there are also many who spent several thousand dollars on Jimmy Page signature/limited edition guitars acquiring these as something suitable to display on the wall alongside those guitars.

There are the investors. I imagine there are also many who spent several thousand dollars on Jimmy Page signature/limited edition guitars acquiring these as something suitable to display on the wall alongside those guitars.

How horrible. Guitars hanging on walls with no one to (play) love it.

I just can't see those having a real strong investment potential. Perhaps there were fans out in The Ocean that actually thought that the expenditure was worth the reward, I may have though so if I would have had money shortly after say PG was released but today, not a chance that I would've went in on this alone and I don't think that I would have had much luck finding an investor(s) willing to sink more than a quarter of the asking price. I will eat my words if this crap ends up making money on, God forbid, ebay.

Jimmy, you would make a lot more money releasing a CD of new music or even unreleased music you must have in your vaults than releasing a box set of photos :hysterical: i wonder how many concert recordings on film you have that we would love to see.

I wonder how many concert recordings on film you have that we would love to see.

There are several complete and professionally-recorded Page/Plant '95 shows archived but neither he nor Robert seem keen to release them. There is of course Knebworth '79 and the 02 reunion. Regardless, signing limited edition prints is much easier to

accomplish than releasing official live concert recordings.

First, a autobio. This was interesting. Although I don't have it, I wish I did, because it looks so damn cool. These were limited edition. Second, the reissues of Death Wish II and Lucifer Rising - these were nice welcomes. These had "special editions" too. Now, he's selling prints for 1000 euros. And, the whole lot for 7000. Again, these are limited editon. Do you notice a pattern here? He's making limited editions to make more money, duh. But, if he MADE NEW MUSIC, he would get twice the money he's getting now.

as a zeppelin fan for more years than i care to remember.it was great to see jimmy setting up his own website i personally thought that it would be the start of jimmy returning to what he does best...playing guitar and along with interviews he gave it looked like we would see him again on stage very soon

but alas it seems to be a site where hes cashing in on his name,in a very big way! i personally think he should have a poll on his website...if it is his, to ask a simple question to the millions of followers who log in daily

what would you like to see happen

A.buy over priced old recordings

B.buy very over priced and not rare pics for over £7000

C get up off my arse and tour once more

which ever gets the highest percentage do

right sorry if some of you are offended but i feel better now thats off my chest!

Page has never really moved on from Zeppelin creatively or emotionally. All his music since is quite similar in sound and structure. He also has seemingly avoided going out solo and playing smaller halls as it may affect his mystic and the whole Zeppelin image. Certainly would never see him playing at the county fair like some 70's bands! All I know is I've been rather hard on Page lately; for good reason but I just need to get over it and move on.

Your not being hard on Jimmy Page. He put himself into the fire by saying for years that he has to get stuff out. He should of stop being a bluff and said, I have no ideas for songs and I like resting on my laurels from the 1970's.

I understand that many of his fans are frustrated with Jimmy saying he has new music and then not delivering on his word. Jimmy is a perfectionist most of us who are fans know this. Could it be he feels painted into a corner and truly wants to write and perform but has become paralyzed by peoples expectations? In terms of high priced items, I own the book, I love it. I thought it was an awesome opportunity to own something that reflected his contribution to music over four decades. On the other hand if would say I'm retired, he could end the questions about performing and get on with enjoying his life. He seems very happy and content and my wish is that he does what makes him happy. He has given us so much already, I find the negative comments sad. If you don't like what he's selling don't buy it. In terms of the old bait and switch comments I just don't see it. :dont:

Zep 1 recorded in how many hours? Zep 2 recorded in how many hours and how many studios? enough defending Jimmy, we are still loyal as we are on the site everyday, being a perfectionist is different from just bullshitting!

all the hours spent on books, exhibitions, attending various gigs to play etc, we would all choose new music from Page over all of that and releases he has had a hand in since The DVD!

i just think the new music, just aint coming, if he is a perfectionist then this will never be released, its been built up too much and may never be good enough! he has to fill his own shoes again!

Jimmy is a perfectionist most of us who are fans know this.

We have been fed this story for years of Jimmy being a perfectionist. If he is such a perfectionist, how come he has allowed so many mistakes to go out in his name in the 'On This Day' Feature? I do not wish to be negative, or having a go at Jimmy - I am just expressing my opinion. ;)

And they're not even framed!

Hhahahah. Yes no doubt. $11K USD for 7 unframed prints?? Only, and I mean onl,y if this were for some animal righs charity (or what have you) with 100% of proceeds going to the cause, could I see this. Halfin is a shyster. Jimmy needs a better guard dog.

I never bought into the perfectionist scam . If so then he is terrible at being perfect. His albums with the Firm his solo album and Clarksdale , where far from perfection. That was rock music played by Jimmy Page with a Band .Something his has alluded to be doing again for the last 15 years Like Zephead said . Zep 1 and 2 where recorded fast and Presence too! When your Jimmy Page and you have no new songs of your own it becomes apparent that your well is dry. Stick up for Jimmy Page I couldn't care less, but realize that he is the one who drags things out . Robert Plant gets blasted on this site all the time,but Robert Plant makes music because he is ambitious. Jimmy Page is not . Simple as that .

if jimmy is a perfectionist then how did the two absolutely awful edits in WLL and D&C get put onto the new SRTS soundtrack? the worst edits i have ever heard on any album bar none. a chimp with a razor blade and some sellotape could have done those splices better justice

7K for some photos? it's a joke. i think it's all getting too silly on jimmy's part. what next? maybe he'll float himself on the stock exchange and start selling shares in jimmy page plc,

Archived