What makes us all disagree on Zep songs?

Im just curious, but why do we all have a go at one another over Led Zeppelin tracks and albums.We all love them otherwise we wouldn't be on this website, so if one of our members says that they don't like a particular track or album, so be it. It's each individuals choice to voice their own opinion on their taste, why can't we just leave them to get on with it. Then offer our comments on it afterwards, without any sarcastic comments because we disagree with their taste. We are all in this together.

The only thing I notice are the views on Page's playing in '77 and beyond. Many, like me, find his playing often "sloppy", while others make it out to be something else. Example/ the last STH in Berlin (1980) has a horrendous solo that has Page rambling over and over. It is brutal. I've read people try to defend him saying he was experimenting with jazz or some other BS. Pagey still had moments of greatness but overall, he was a shade of what he was before.

Each of us has a point of view regarding any particular song, subject or whatever is the hottest topic of the moment, which may not go along the lines of someone else's thoughts. Having an interactive discussion keeps it lively.

Although, I've seen some pretty heated arguments that if the posters were face to face may have ended up to blows. :3stooges:

Each of us has a point of view regarding any particular song, subject or whatever is the hottest topic of the moment, which may not go along the lines of someone else's thoughts. Having an interactive discussion keeps it lively.

Although, I've seen some pretty heated arguments that if the posters were face to face may have ended up to blows. :3stooges:

It usally starts over some small point, then someone will use the words "true fans" and bingo WW3.... :o

Archived