The Leeches are out!

JimmyPage1977

Well it's official! Led Zeppelin reformed for one night, kicked ass and payed homage to their friend! Ahmet Ertgun (I'll fix the spelling, if needed).

Now the spammers use this blessed event to spam the world! From Youtube clips (that show film clips totally unrelated, but titled as part of the show, to PM's on this board to psychos trying to hook up with young Zep fans or their ex-wives/gf's, it's getting unbearable. I know from past experience that it will diminish, but right now it's unbelievably ridiculous! From "tribute bands" to geeks trying to make money on the internet, it's a sad, sad world! It would be great if there was a way to stop it, but I know there isn't. I can only tell the faithful to hang in there!

To you spammers... and fair weather fans..... go away! Why wait until the ABBA reunion tour to bother their fans? Just go to their forums now! I've heard that they are teaming up with the Gibb Brothers for a MEGA REUNION!! They NEED your spam!

Isn't starting a thread about it adding to it?

Isn't replying contributing also? :blink:

I guess we are all guilty...point one finger in blame and 3 point back at you

Yes, my friend, I'm guilty! I have a new website that I want you to sign up on (not).

I have a video I NEED you to watch to make me feel a sense of accomplishment (not).

I'm really desperate for attention (not).

Maybe, just maybe, I'm a real fan that's sick of people trying to capitalize on the good name of Led Zeppelin!

That, actually, was my point. I'm sorry if you think otherwise.

peace,

james

This board has been the seventh circle of hell since September.... lots of our peeps didn't want to deal with the impending brouha and dropped pretty much out. Throw in an unexpected 'do-over" as far as the site goes, and suddenly the world comes in here and steals the vibe entirely. Where the fuck were these fans while LZ was dormant???

When did Ramble on become the Dr.Phil/Jerry Springer show anyway? 

If they decide to tour, I may be joining the Abba forum....... <_<

Well it's official! Led Zeppelin reformed for one night, kicked ass and payed homage to their friend! Ahmet Ertgun (I'll fix the spelling, if needed).

Now the spammers use this blessed event to spam the world! From Youtube clips (that show film clips totally unrelated, but titled as part of the show, to PM's on this board to psychos trying to hook up with young Zep fans or their ex-wives/gf's, it's getting unbearable. I know from past experience that it will diminish, but right now it's unbelievably ridiculous! From "tribute bands" to geeks trying to make money on the internet, it's a sad, sad world! It would be great if there was a way to stop it, but I know there isn't. I can only tell the faithful to hang in there!

To you spammers... and fair weather fans..... go away! Why wait until the ABBA reunion tour to bother their fans? Just go to their forums now! I've heard that they are teaming up with the Gibb Brothers for a MEGA REUNION!! They NEED your spam!

:lol:After a while you just take it all in stride.

True Zep fan = person who whines when Zep don't get enough attention and who whines just as much when they do get attention. :D

No problem with Zep getting attention. I'm just annoyed at all of the unrelated spam that goes along with Zep being suddenly "note worthy" to the general public.

They were always note worthy to me. Yes, even before the 02 show was announced.

It's not just on this forum, but everywhere. You tube has a number of vids that use the word Zeppelin or 02 concert in them to get you to look at them. You start watching and realize that you've been had. And then there is, as Manders said the "join my Classic Rock website" spammer. That is always a nice treat. Click, block, delete. Easily handled, but annoying.

Sorry for venting. I just thought that maybe others might feel the same way. Done "whining". Thank you. :D

Archived