Bonus tracks on Badgeholders

barney2EH

Hi

On my version of Badgeholders there are a couple of bonus tracks.

1. When the levee breaks (live) - Nov 19, 2002 18.06.44.

Does anybody here know who or what this is? Lots of nice slide, but who is it?

2. No Quarter- (Live Studio Alternate Version) EXCELLENT.

I like this version. It has lots of extra synth effects and such. Was it created by Zeppelin or some amateur mixer?

Cheers

Barney

When The Levee Breaks will be from one of the Chicago or Brussels show from 1975, is the recording quality not the greatest? As for No Quarter it will just be one of the studio outtakes and is quite comomon.

The No Quarter you refer to might be this version

It is stated to be from June 1972 in the Luis Rey book, it is stated to be an outtake from 1973 in the booklet that accompanies the Uncensored bootleg box set.

Thanks for the info Tom. I forgot to mention, When The Levee Breaks Is Instrumental only, no vocals. Actually the quality is not bad.

I'd wager on it being (as reswati has already mentioned) a solo performance from one of JPJ's tours in the early 2000s. Maybe if you gave us the name of your bootleg we could find out for sure?

That "No Quarter" is the issued take, albeit in an alternate, more complete mix, and in the original pitch before it was altered. (If I recall correctly, all one has to do is drop the entire track by a semi-tone in order for it to match the officially-released version.)

The most complete session for the song can be found on EVSD's The Lost Sessions Vol. 6 from 2005 or on Scorpio's Ultimate Sessions from 2007, which has two aborted instrumental takes followed by this one.

The only "bonus track" that I think would be appropriate for "FBHO" would be an inclusion of the soundboard fragment of the Noise Solo from that night. What label is your copy from?

Archived