To all you good people on the forum, what do we think of each other?

joe (Liverpool)

I think I love this site, in my two years (very on and off) I've only seen a good 2 or 3 rude or mean people/ posts. I think the family we have on here just because of one band and the friendships that have been made on here are great. This website to me id the one I can be the most comfortable on and i think it's great how we can all converse about pretty much anything we want and there will be someone on here to talk about it to.

This place has evolved during the past 4-5 years, that's for sure! It was the "wild west" back when it first began to the point where I didn't post - just read the feuds/arguments, but it has slowly refined itself and even the returning banned members have calmed down - but have not changed, right MM? ;)

Anybody remember when "Spats" used to post here. I miss that guy. Good times. :D

He was hoot! :hysterical:

Yeah. I hope the poor fellow finally found someone who would be just what he wanted and would never do anything that didn't "look good".

But... if anything went wrong with her, I'm sure he could get a replacement... if he saved his receipts.

:hysterical:

Anybody remember when "Spats" used to post here. I miss that guy. Good times. :D

i remember spats also, and agree, it was a fun time. there were some that thought he wasn''t a real person, but a made u profile by someone else who was/is a member ....

• 10 months later...

When I meet people on this forum, I kind of draw a mental picture of what he or she may look like. Unless, they post a picture of themselves then, I can't really do that. I try to like everyone I meet but sometimes, that's not always true. I've had my run in's with people on here but, I try to stay focused & move on.

I enjoy others' company on this forum. I'm not as active on this forum as I was a few months back but, I feel like I am always welcomed with opened arms when I return.

I hope that all made sense....

Have never seen this thread, in the year and a half i have been around. Interesting read.

For me I like the forum because of ....

a) the constant Zep related information/topics that trickle into the forum

b ......and I did not see this one coming when I joined, but, I love reading people's posts/thoughts/ideas from all over this earth of ours. Whether I agree, or disagree, I enjoy the passion in people's words. (I could do without the name calling but such is life)

c) Wessle Garlic's posts.

Have never seen this thread, in the year and a half i have been around. Interesting read.

For me I like the forum because of ....

a) the constant Zep related information/topics that trickle into the forum

b ......and I did not see this one coming when I joined, but, I love reading people's posts/thoughts/ideas from all over this earth of ours. Whether I agree, or disagree, I enjoy the passion in people's words. (I could do without the name calling but such is life)

c) Wessle Garlic's posts.

It was n't until i saw a larger version of your picture that i found out it was ol percy - i thought it was you

It was n't until i saw a larger version of your picture that i found out it was ol percy - i thought it was you

Yeah, that ain;t me, that's for sure.....wish I had his money! lol....cheers WG

I'll take his life worth of experiences and you can have the money side of it

Wow !!!

WG being serious........Didn't know you had it in ya.

Still, I'll take the cash. I'd much rather have the life worth of experiences I've had...................... His have quite a bit of sadness God Bless him.

I think I would as well to be honest, anyone can make money, very few people live life

Charles but wait.

What I tried to say to Wessle and now you, is this......If you are too truly "take" (I know this is imaginary) Robert Plant's life experiences, then you must take them all.....and that includes losing a son, losing one of your best friends, and losing your marriage.

No matter how much fun, travel, glitz & glam was coming my way, if it meant those three tragedies were coming too, it would never be worth it.

That's why I said, I'll take his cash....cheers

I guess we're like all people on all fan forums everywhere - 99% of us are cool and are just here to share info on something we all like and be friendly, and about 1% are here to be needlessly aggressive and rude to strangers on the internet in a way they'd never dare to be in RL. C'est la (cyber) vie - it'll never change. Just don't feed the trolls.

I always picture the 1% as being like Comic Book Store Guy in the Simpsons - sad, inadequate and genuinely believing that pop culture actually, you know, MATTERS (in the way that wars and starving children and stuff matter). I mean, those people who get really abusive with people who just made some little factual error about Led Zeppelin. What the hell is there to "feud" about?!

Everyone else seems really nice.

I've met nice people here, interesting people here, and people who are both nice AND interesting :)

I've also met some people who are tedious, and others who are idiotic and/or vile. I just put 4 people on my "ignore" list so hopefully that will improve my mood. :)

I've seen craziness on message boards before--usually those that were unmoderated. Another fansite I was on didn't allow discussions of politics or religion, and there were very few conflicts on that site...also that site was 90 percent female...

I've met nice people here, interesting people here, and people who are both nice AND interesting :)

I've also met some people who are tedious, and others who are idiotic and/or vile. I just put 4 people on my "ignore" list so hopefully that will improve my mood. :)

I've seen craziness on message boards before--usually those that were unmoderated. Another fansite I was on didn't allow discussions of politics or religion, and there were very few conflicts on that site...also that site was 90 percent female...

Scarlet, ......Did you get this?

Charles but wait.

What I tried to say to Wessle and now you, is this......If you are too truly "take" (I know this is imaginary) Robert Plant's life experiences, then you must take them all.....and that includes losing a son, losing one of your best friends, and losing your marriage.

No matter how much fun, travel, glitz & glam was coming my way, if it meant those three tragedies were coming too, it would never be worth it.

That's why I said, I'll take his cash....cheers

i understand what you mean, fishead, and i agree with you. :)

I guess we're like all people on all fan forums everywhere - 99% of us are cool and are just here to share info on something we all like and be friendly, and about 1% are here to be needlessly aggressive and rude to strangers on the internet in a way they'd never dare to be in RL. C'est la (cyber) vie - it'll never change. Just don't feed the trolls.

I always picture the 1% as being like Comic Book Store Guy in the Simpsons - sad, inadequate and genuinely believing that pop culture actually, you know, MATTERS (in the way that wars and starving children and stuff matter). I mean, those people who get really abusive with people who just made some little factual error about Led Zeppelin. What the hell is there to "feud" about?!

Everyone else seems really nice.

you are so right! i do like to talk about other subjects, and give my opinion, and i find it really interesting when someone else has a different one - it makes you stop and think about a different perspective you may not have otherwise. i do think some of the " rude " ones would also be like that in real life. i have encountered people with aspergers in my life, and they can be very abrupt and see nothing wrong with it .... i totally agree that those who get all bent over something trivial like what colour shirt jimmy wore on a particular gig seems a bit strange!

i get on with just about everyone here - clashed with 3 that i can think of - most i find absolutely lovely and supportive, and the types of people i hope to meet in real life one day. :)

^^^good points Slave....since I have been on the forum it seems to be like waves of calm and then turmoil around here depending on the subject matter, certain issue in a country, or state of the world. It is very interesting to read the discussions and make comment or just sit back and watch how people interact with one another. Sometimes I kinda feel like a voyeur lol....

I also really enjoy the fact that we are all over the place on this planet. These posts make me realize how different we are from each other, in some threads, and then how much we share in common in other threads. And for the most part, that is ok!

See ya later, Fishy

^^^good points Slave....since I have been on the forum it seems to be like waves of calm and then turmoil around here depending on the subject matter, certain issue in a country, or state of the world. It is very interesting to read the discussions and make comment or just sit back and watch how people interact with one another. Sometimes I kinda feel like a voyeur lol....

I also really enjoy the fact that we are all over the place on this planet. These posts make me realize how different we are from each other, in some threads, and then how much we share in common in other threads. And for the most part, that is ok!

See ya later, Fishy

ah yes, i love reading about the different foods and products around the world.... technology is amazing!

Archived