Why DOESN'T Pagey Do Something?

Jimmy Page is in no way responsible for brightening up your life. He does not owe you an explanation on or about anything he chooses to do. He's an artist & business man who puts out his creations to the public when he desires & it's the publics choice to purchase those creations or not. He's also a human being who has a private life & most certainly he owes no explanations to anyone other than his family about how he chooses to spend it. He owes neither honesty or apologies to you or anyone on this board including myself. If you expend your energy waiting for the results of what I stated previously to change then that's your choice & Jimmy Page has nothing to do with that decision of yours & I'm sure Jimmy Page will continue go about his day as he see's fit as usual.

I guess you didn't read what I said...because if you had you would have noticed I started off my post by saying I couldn't care less what Page does or says.

I was merely replying to a hypothetical statement.

I guess you didn't read what I said...because if you had you would have noticed I started off my post by saying I couldn't care less what Page does or says.

I was merely replying to a hypothetical statement.

Personally I think you do or least did care in regards to the earlier post about his website as there was a touch of venom in your words or so I took it as. If I encountered Page, hypothetically, I'd only have this to say to him: "thanks for the music". That's it. No need to get in to the mental scenario's of fans sense of entitlement to his life & career choices, just a simple "thank you" for what he has shared... & still does daily via his website that a segment of his fans complain about.

No venom, just being honest explaining my position on the matter.

If I encountered Page, I'd walk the other way...because I'd rather leave him alone.

Mental Scenarios only occur when people disagree with Page's choices? People aren't creating mental scenarios when they speak in defense/ or on behalf of Page?

Why isn't it okay for people to complain?

No venom, just being honest explaining my position on the matter.

If I encountered Page, I'd walk the other way...because I'd rather leave him alone.

Mental Scenarios only occur when people disagree with Page's choices? People aren't creating mental scenarios when they speak in defense/ or on behalf of Page?

Why isn't it okay for people to complain?

Typically only complainers want to hear complainers complain, it's a common bond. I have no problem with a person complaining about making their rent, an unexepected medical emergency, being laid off from their job, etc ie things that tangibley affect their lives but to complain on thread after thread about what an entertainer does or doesn't do in their career or personal life, well you have to be kidding me. It's quite frankly insane. I suppose it's fine if a teenager does it, though it's no less annoying, but actual adults? And anyone making mental scenario's about someone other than themselves to fulfill some desire in themselves is a kook in my book. My advice to those who complain about Page's choices: boycott his music if you have a problem with his choices or to be more blunt sh!t or get off the pot as only princess's locked in castles whine as much as what I see here.

Typically only complainers want to hear complainers complain, it's a common bond.

And anyone making mental scenario's about someone other than themselves to fulfill some desire in themselves is a kook in my book.

So, what you're saying is people like SAJ (Sorry Steve, you are the Zep Guru here, so I'm using you as the example..) are complainers because they notice incorrect dates, spellings etc in the OTD and point them out? :oops:

The title of this thread is "Why Doesn't Pagey Do Something?" No one here has an ACTUAL answer..it's all speculation..mental scenarios if you like.

BS...when Robert Plant spoke his truth more than four years ago ("No") we saw how well that went...

Well, tough. As I expressed before, it's unfortunate that there are people out there who hang on every little word these guys or others say. I was just replying to a hypothotical statement made by Joe that Page is "probably fed up" with all the the bellyaching.

And if they rejected you for your honesty, then who gives a fuck?

Well, tough. As I expressed before, it's unfortunate that there are people out there who hang on every little word these guys or others say. I was just replying to a hypothotical statement made by Joe that Page is "probably fed up" with all the the bellyaching.

I'm probably just fed up too because it's been generally dull and uninteresting on the Zep boards and has been for quite some time. I generally try not to get sucked into these pointless speculation threads but there really is little else to discuss at the moment.

I'm probably just fed up too because it's been generally dull and uninteresting on the Zep boards and has been for quite some time. I generally try not to get sucked into these pointless speculation threads but there really is little else to discuss at the moment.

Well we *could* be discussing Page's new album, new tour, or even new song from his website.

Oh yeah, wait a minute .......

Hate to hypothesize, but I conclude Page is out of ideas, and that's why he's doing nothing. And LR was less than nothing, if you're counting.

Here's some more speculation..

There are 25 OTD's left to complete one full year from it's inception. Do you think it's just going to continue on the way it has for the past year, or do you think it'll will stop? And if you think it'll continue, do you believe it'll just be a rehash of old entries from last year??

OTD is nothing short of an embarrassment for an artist. The Beatles don't do it, the Stones, Dylan, The Who, none of them. Only someone with nothing left to give would do OTD. THat sounds harsher than I mean it, sorry. I think NEXT year, OTD. Is nothing but repeats because there's nothing new from this year to add....

There are 25 OTD's left to complete one full year from it's inception. Do you think it's just going to continue on the way it has for the past year, or do you think it'll will stop? And if you think it'll continue, do you believe it'll just be a rehash of old entries from last year??

I think it will continue, Page's career arc is so long I'd bet they had little problem documenting numerous events for each date. The only way it stops is if Jimmy gets sick of the a$$pipes on this forum constantly bitching about it and says, "f**k this"!

Edited by mstork

Without repeats the longer it continues the more likely the entries will have less to do directly with Jimmy. We'd get so and so's album was released OtD with Jimmy's thought's about it. It's already happened a few times. I'd like to see the features continue, with new ones being added along the way, but for those that are merely repeats at least correct them.

I think it will continue, Page's career arc is so long I'd bet they had little problem documenting numerous events for each date. The only way it stops is if Jimmy gets sick of the a$$pipes on this forum constantly bitching about it and says, "f**k this"!

Lots of people bitched about LZ when they were big, and Pagey never quit the game. I would bet money that almost no artist bases their decisions on what people on a forum say. Just saying, is all. Again, I love the guy, but when RS did their new guitar lists, I honestly thought JP belonged much lower than 3, given his almost complete absence of work this decade.

Lots of people bitched about LZ when they were big, and Pagey never quit the game. I would bet money that almost no artist bases their decisions on what people on a forum say. Just saying, is all. Again, I love the guy, but when RS did their new guitar lists, I honestly thought JP belonged much lower than 3, given his almost complete absence of work this decade.

I don't view it that way. If it was a list of guitarists who are playing RIGHT NOW you'd have no Hendrix, Duana Allman, etc. Page earned top three in my opinion.

Now this is just my thoughts on this. People have the right to speak their mind whether they are negative or positive. There are many of us on this forum that actually saw them live in their glory..so you can only imagine how much I want to see Jimmy back on a stage. I would love an acoustic set with intimate audiences (smaller venues).

Call me the optimistic one, but when it comes to Jimmy, again this is just my opinion..you just never know!! Now let's look at Robert and JPJ. If someone would have told me in 1973 that Robert or JPJ would be doing bluegrass, gospel, alt country, whatever you want to call it I would have said no way in hell. But they both get out and do what they want to do, they have earned that to say the least. Now back to Jimmy..I agree with the frustration of some as he states he is working on new music and the wait continues. But yet again, he has earned the right to do whatever he wants to do musically. I still believe he will surprise us at some point. For me personally I would rather believe that than not.

I am so very glad that we still have them around, the alternative is unthinkable to me.

Robert gets bashed for doing what he is doing...out there performing...Jimmy gets bashed for not being out there..then JPJ, take a look at many threads on this forum and overall he gets the least amount of responses, WTF!!!

I love this band, always will. So for me, I'll stay hopeful and anytime I get a chance to see anyone of them live I will be there to soak in every note. :peace:

Now this is just my thoughts on this. People have the right to speak their mind whether they are negative or positive.

Deborah J,

I agree with much of what you say, but wished to highlight the part about people having the right to speak their minds. Well said. :thumbsup:

I don't know how many of you get Tight But Loose, but I think Dave Lewis says it the best of anyone at the end of his Lucifer Rising review in the current issue. I totally agree.

scan0006-4-1.jpg

Edited by aen27

So, what you're saying is people like SAJ (Sorry Steve, you are the Zep Guru here, so I'm using you as the example..) are complainers because they notice incorrect dates, spellings etc in the OTD and point them out? :oops:

The title of this thread is "Why Doesn't Pagey Do Something?" No one here has an ACTUAL answer..it's all speculation..mental scenarios if you like.

The first is a form of complaining but I'd call it nitpicking & quite frankly it's beyond pointing those inaccuracies out, it becomes a frickin' travesty to most who point them out as if the sky were falling. So a date is wrong or another recollection is a bit off... so what? It's Page's recollection, not the obsessive compulsive's recollection.

Page is doing something: he's living his life & going about his career according to how he see's fit as I'm guessing he always had with the tools available & how he wants to utilize them. What's so hard to understand about that? Oh I forgot, a segment of the frustrated feel Page owes them a direct answer. Tough. He almost never has given direct answers throughout his public life & career, why start now...

Edited by kaiser

The first is a form of complaining but I'd call it nitpicking & quite frankly it's beyond pointing those inaccuracies out, it becomes a frickin' travesty to most who point them out as if the sky were falling. So a date is wrong or another recollection is a bit off... so what? It's Page's recollection, not the obsessive compulsive's recollection.

Page is doing something: he's living his life & going about his career according to how he see's fit as I'm guessing he always had with the tools available & how he wants to utilize them. What's so hard to understand about that? Oh I forgot, a segment of the frustrated feel Page owes them a direct answer. Tough. He almost never has given direct answers throughout his public life & career, why start now...

As Jimmy once said with that smile at the end of one of his interviews..........Absolutely. :D

• 3 weeks later...