A Crazy Weekend in L.A.: Too Much?

Strider

Like any major city, there's always plenty to do in Los Angeles. But this weekend is almost too much of a good thing...it's beyond ridiculous and traffic wil be nightmarish for some.

First, there's the usual sporting events...MMA Fight last night, MLS soccer, the Dodgers baseball games. But what makes this particular weekend interesting is the fact that all three Staples Center tenants (the Lakers, Clippers and Kings) are playing home playoff games this weekend, which means the Staples crew is going to be super busy switching the arena court from Clippers to Lakers to Kings.

As if that wasn't enough, the Tour de California bike race rides through L.A. Sunday, from Beverly Hills to LA Live across from Staples. That's right, on a day with both a hockey and basketball playoff game at Staples, a bike race ends right next door, with all the requisite street closures all day long.

But wait, there's more...along with the usual traffic heading downtown tonight for the Laker game and the LA Philharmonic, there is also Roger Waters' giant "The Wall" extravaganza at the L.A. Coliseum tonight. Good luck on the 10 and the 101, haha.

Somehow I picture you having a ball in the midst of all the chaos. :party:

Hopefully those that can will take advantage of the mass transit to get around to alleviate the traffic that can be nightmarish in LA.

Like any major city, there's always plenty to do in Los Angeles. But this weekend is almost too much of a good thing...it's beyond ridiculous and traffic wil be nightmarish for some.

First, there's the usual sporting events...MMA Fight last night, MLS soccer, the Dodgers baseball games. But what makes this particular weekend interesting is the fact that all three Staples Center tenants (the Lakers, Clippers and Kings) are playing home playoff games this weekend, which means the Staples crew is going to be super busy switching the arena court from Clippers to Lakers to Kings.

As if that wasn't enough, the Tour de California bike race rides through L.A. Sunday, from Beverly Hills to LA Live across from Staples. That's right, on a day with both a hockey and basketball playoff game at Staples, a bike race ends right next door, with all the requisite street closures all day long.

But wait, there's more...along with the usual traffic heading downtown tonight for the Laker game and the LA Philharmonic, there is also Roger Waters' giant "The Wall" extravaganza at the L.A. Coliseum tonight. Good luck on the 10 and the 101, haha.

Its certainly a first to see the Kings and Clippers join the Lakers this late in the playoffs. I wonder how they do it? The crew? Anyway, the Clippers are really letting me down. How does a team blow a 33-11 lead? Idiots. I blame that fucking coach. And that Neanderthal Blake. Taking fucking jump shots he has no business taking. Standing around instead of playing hard defense. The Kings are the team that can take home the prize. They are the ones. For a change. Someone tap Jack Nicholson on the shoulder and tell him to go buy a ticket for the Kings. Money better spent than on those old over paid Lakers with World Peace of shit.

Think yourselves lucky it was only the weekend... I live close by the 'Olympic Shooting Event' and face weeks of Road Closures both before the Event, during, and After the 'Olympics'.. Other areas of London & Beyond will also be affected by Traffic & Public Transport Travel chaos...

Your weekend sounds like a breeze, no worse than the last minute Christmas Shopping rush... ;)

So, Strider, how crazy was it??

Since I used the subway, not too bad...although I noticed the suubway more packed than usual. Tons of people in Kings and Clippers and Lakers jerseys.

But a couple people I talked to that used the highways said it was torture trying to get in and out of downtown.

I think the country needs a 6 month break from ALL sports.

Even indoor ones? Nudge nudge wink wink say no more! ;)

Actually, the way things are going for the local teams that might happen in L.A. The Lakers and Clippers seasons are kaput. The Angels season might as well be over the way they are playing. Only the saddest anorak or Beckham groupie cares about the Galaxy. College football and basketball are still months away.

Only the Kings are left to represent the City of Angels this spring. Yeah, the Dodgers are in first place, but I'm constitutionally unable to really care about baseball until October.

Even indoor ones? Nudge nudge wink wink say no more! ;)

Yeah, the Dodgers are in first place, but I'm constitutionally unable to really care about baseball until October.

Sometimes I think the whole world is too obsessed with sports. But that's just my opine.

Indoor sports will never die. :P

The Giants are creeping up on L.A. Lincecum took quite a whack the other day and that guy who caught 2 home runs in the stands. Amazing.

Archived