R.I.P. Robin Gibb

slave to zep

I heard the news of Robin's passing at 1 PM NZ time yesterday. I kept listening to songs by the Bee Gees as a way of remembering Robin (I guess!). I've been a fan of the Bee Gees, since the age 5. I heard my first Bee Gees song "Jive Talking" on my mom's cassette deck and I really liked what I was listening to. I guess being a fan of the Bee Gees from a very young age, makes it pretty hard for me to come to terms with this sad news. :( R.I.P Robin. Thank you for everything!

"Jive Talkin'' is one of the first 45's I ever owned but it didn't take long for me to come to my senses. No disrespect meant to Robin Gibb, the Bee Gees or to the fans of either.

Really? I wasn't a fan of much of their later disco work..."Spirits Having Flown" and the "Sgt. Pepper's" movie was the final straw...BUT I loved "Jive Talking".

"Jive Talkin'' is one of the first 45's I ever owned but it didn't take long for me to come to my senses. No disrespect meant to Robin Gibb, the Bee Gees or to the fans of either.

Don't worry about it Jahfin. My dad pretty much feels the same way you do and can never quite understand the love my mom and I have for groups like ABBA and the Bee Gees. Some folks like this sort of music and some folks don't. :)

Really? I wasn't a fan of much of their later disco work..."Spirits Having Flown" and the "Sgt. Pepper's" movie was the final straw...BUT I loved "Jive Talking".

Glad to hear you love Jive Talking. That song even today, is my absolute fav by the Bee Gees! :D

Really. Just not my cup of tea musically.

Archived