JACK WHITE

henrybonzo

Hey the fellow rockers! i have 2 standing tickets for the Brixton Academy but i cant make it and i was looking to swap these for 2 standing Hammersmith Apollo tickets

no luck on gumtree/google, anyone wanna help a white head out?

cheers x

Man, if I was in Blighty I'd take you up on your offer in a New York minute! But I'm not...sorry I can't help you out Henry.

But I urge anyone who is in the UK to take henrybonzo up on his offer. The new Jack White album is a good one and he's got a cracker of a band with him...all girls, including a violin player, and can play as well as being easy on the eyes. He plays White Stripes chestnuts as well as Raconteurs and Dead Weather songs amongst his new songs.

When I saw him at the Mayan April 30, he opened with "Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground" and the crowd went apeshit when he played "Hotel Yorba".

If you're thinking of going, don't hesitate...just GO!!!

Edited by Strider

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey the fellow rockers! i have 2 standing tickets for the Brixton Academy but i cant make it and i was looking to swap these for 2 standing Hammersmith Apollo tickets

no luck on gumtree/google, anyone wanna help a white head out?

cheers x

Did you manage to swap ?

• 1 month later...

Just got tickets today to the show coming up on Sept 27 in VA; small venue, so very happy to have gotten them! :)

You'll be even happier after seeing the show! In my opinion, after the White Stripes this is Jack White's best incarnation. Better than Dead Weather, better than the Raconteurs. If it's anything like the show I saw earlier this year, you'll have an amazing time.

Great band and Jack plays his ass off!

Watched Jack White and his two bands Live yesterday afternoon on Itunes Festival. Very good performance.

Gained a great appreciation of his talents when I was at the Premiere screening of Under the Northern Lights in Toronto Film Festival in 2009. He was quite funny also at the end during the question andanswer when he poked fun at Kanye.

Now if only I can get tickets to his show in T.O. at the Sony Centre

Edited by The 4 Runes

• 2 months later...

Saw him on Wednesday, he was well up for the show and what a great show it was. Just the guys playing for this one but it was shit hot.

No Peacocks ledded1? Too bad...they're pretty terrific. But hell, Jack White in any format is worth seeing. The guy rips the shit out of his guitar.

Edited by Strider

• 4 weeks later...

From FB:

"Jack has been nominated for 3 Grammys, including “Album of the Year.” In addition to “Album of the Year,” Blunderbuss is also nominated for “Best Rock Album” and “Freedom at 21″ is nominated for “Best Rock Song.”

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Rock Icons Pay Tribute to Jack White

http://www.tonedeaf.com.au/news/international-news/362626/rock-icons-pay-tribute-to-jack-white-on-new-album.htm

Check out Wanda Jackson & Shooter Jennings doing "In the Cold, Cold Night"

Love the cover art and I'll definitely be getting this next Tuesday. It was annoying that the writer kept writing The Saboteurs when it should have been The Raconteurs. Not just once, but twice...where was his proofreader? Doesn't anybody fact-check anymore before publishing?

For Jack White fans in the NYC area, Jack White will be appearing next Tuesday, Nov. 19 at the New York Public Library as part of the Live from the NYPL event on the occasion of the release of "The Rise and Fall of Paramount Records". Greil Marcus will also be part of the program.

Tickets go on-sale today. http://jackwhiteiii.com/news/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://jackwhiteiii.com/jack-white-third-man-records-present-the-worlds-fastest-released-record-record-store-day-2014/

Snipped from article:

"At 10am in the morning, Jack will take the stage in Third Man’s blue room and record direct-to-acetate what will serve as the limited edition version of his next single, a live rendition of the title track from his upcoming LP Lazaretto. The masters will then be rushed over to United Record Pressing, who will immediately begin pressing 45s. The sleeves will be printed from pictures taken at the show. The finished records will be whisked back to Third Man to sell to awaiting fans. All in the same day. All in a matter of mere hours. As long as there are fans in line waiting to buy the single, United will continue to press and deliver them to Third Man to sell. Even if it takes all day."