Jimmy attends party at Royal Academy

Magic Fills the Air

To my surprise and delight I saw that Jimmy featured on news story last night on the BBC, albiet for a couple of seconds. He was attending a party at the Royal Academy to celebrate the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. I wonder what Jimmy actually thinks of the monarchy.

The video for the story can be seen here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18183680

To my surprise and delight I saw that Jimmy featured on news story last night on the BBC, albiet for a couple of seconds. He was attending a party at the Royal Academy to celebrate the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. I wonder what Jimmy actually thinks of the monarchy.

R.,

I am so delighted to see you back on the forums - you were much missed!! And thanks for posting this - I would have missed it otherwise. :yourock:

R.,

I am so delighted to see you back on the forums - you were much missed!! And thanks for posting this - I would have missed it otherwise. :yourock:

You're welcome Kenog. It's great to be back.:) Thanks for posting those lovely photos of Jimmy at the party. The few seconds on the news clip wasn't enough for me!

Hi Magic! :wave:

I haven't been on in about 2 months due to the pleasures of student life! :P But I am back too! Glad we could return to the forums together! Cheers to you! :D

Anyway, back on topic : Just want to say thanks to April_Lynn andd Kenog for posting those awesome pics of Jimmy at that party! It is really nice to see the man looking so happy! :wub:

Well, it's a veritable love-fest here...and with nearly all my favourite ladies in attendance. ;)

Fire, the man with the beard is actor John Hurt. I must say Jimmy looks trim and dapper...and he's taller than Roger, Mick and John...but I'm laughing to myself because they wouldn't have allowed Jimmy miles within the Queen's presence at the 1977 Jubilee.

April Lynn,

Thanks for saving these :D

Anyway, back on topic : Just want to say thanks to April_Lynn andd Kenog for posting those awesome pics of Jimmy at that party! It is really nice to see the man looking so happy! :wub:

You're very welcome! :)

Here is a selection of photos from inside the event. The first nine are the copyright of Getty Images and the tenth that of Rex Features.

post-14347-0-42625200-1337860000.jpg

post-14347-0-75199000-1337860051.jpg

post-14347-0-08339600-1337860061.jpg

post-14347-0-79734700-1337860069.jpg

post-14347-0-17555400-1337860083.jpg

post-14347-0-41451800-1337860093.jpg

post-14347-0-96615900-1337860107.jpg

post-14347-0-18435200-1337860120.jpg

post-14347-0-71940100-1337860145.jpg

post-14347-0-68012500-1337860161.jpg Copyright: Rex Features

And thank you for posting these!! :D

Thank you, Magic! Jimmy looks lovely...so much grace and class, he is royalty himself.

I hope noone asked for his autograph or took video!

Haha! :)

I wouldn't want to see him dressing formally all the time - but he can really work that look ! I love the closeups from the BBC screen grabs.. that's a hell of a beautifully cut outfit ( in so far as you can judge from a neck and a shoulder !)

He still has that fantastic taste and the ability to look effortlessly right.

Great shots of Jimmy !

He got meet to an actor i admire

"And guests were as thrilled to meet each other as the Queen. Michael Sheen chatted to Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin and Dame Judi Dench, introduced to Hockney, said: “I can’t believe it. I’ve been a fan for years.” Sheen said: “One of the great things about an event like this is you get to meet people from such different strands of the arts

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/lifestyle/london-life/gala-night-for-the-queen-of-arts--stars-turn-out-in-their-hundreds-to-pay-tribute-7784762.html[

Wonder if Roger asked Jimmy if he's caught his breath from all the multi tasking of late?

What, the simultaneous breathing, signature writing and smiling as his wallet fills you mean? :huh:

Archived