New Aerosmith song...album coming soon!

Nutrocker

The new tune is called "Legendary Child":

http://soundcloud.co...legendary-child

(I hear a distinct resemblance to "The Wanton Song" in places...)

The new album is out August 28th. It's called "Music From Another Dimension". The full details are here -http://www.aeroforceone.com/index.cf...933/pid/302766

1. What Could Have Been Love

2. Beautiful

3. Street Jesus

4. Legendary Child

5. Oh Yeah

6. We All Fall Down

7. Another Last Goodbye

8. Out Go the Lights

9. Love Three Times a Day

10. Closer

11. Shakey Ground

12. Love a Lot

13. Freedom Fighter

14. Up on the Mountain

That was horrible.

You know back in the day I saw them 3 times live. They were a sensation up to the 4th album. I think the first two albums were the best. Train Kept a Rollin, Mama Kin, Dream On are all just fabulous hits. Tyler and Perry really could put on a show. But like the Stones, its kind of late in the game. But I have no doubt they could be fun to see doing the old hits. I would like to see if their is a ballad on the new album? Keep me posted

Sounds like Aerosmith. Nowhere near the old stuff of course, but right on par with the Aerosmith of the mid 90's. I saw them in 2006, and they were a great act to see live. They can still play, Tyler sounds good, and now Hamilton is on the mend from his battle with cancer and other health concerns. As long as Perry and Tyler can get along and stay clean, they should still be awesome.

I would like to see if their is a ballad on the new album?

Speaking just for myself, that would be the last thing I'd be looking for in a new Aerosmith album. I thought stuff like "You See Me Crying" was great but ballads haven't exactly been their forte in recent years, if anything they've been a huge part of their downfall. As for the new song, it begs the question, "how do you revisit your past without repeating it?" That's got to be extremely hard for them to do at this point. Same for ZZ Top, who also keep threatening to return to the sound of their earlier records but continue to fail miserably. On the upside, the brief snippet they recently released called "I Got To Get Paid" was at least a step in the right direction but it's hard to get a good read on it since it's not the entire song.

Not bad .. it sounds like Eat The Rich and Love in An Elevator combined.

I also hear The Wanton Song.. like nutrocker mentioned..

Look at the bright side... If it's the most commercial song on the album, it could be killer..

I thought Van Halen's newest single Tattoo was terrible.. but the rest of the album was great..

It's Very clean sounding... which worries me a little..

I was hoping that with Jack Douglas Producing, it would be back the old Aero Rat sound..raw

Ugh...utter dreck! Why would they taint themselves by appearing on American Idol? Oh wait...they've been tainted for years. What's one more pandering sell-out move.

Hard to believe this is the same band I loved in the 70s.

Ugh...utter dreck! Why would they taint themselves by appearing on American Idol? Oh wait...they've been tainted for years. What's one more pandering sell-out move.

Hi Stride,all,

:bagoverhead: Being a 'Boston' band,no one is too pleased around here,let me tell you,...

KB

I guess I'm used to it.... Aerosmith on American Idol doesn't bother me too much...

Perry has to eat his words though.. after comparing the show to the Ninja Turtles..

Don't forget, they were also in Sgt Pepper back in 1978.. possibly the biggest insult ever to The Beatles...

Aerosmith were the only decent thing in that piece of garbage..

Steven Tyler is now doing Burger King commercials...

Queen are giving, selling songs to Lays Potato Chip Commercials ....

with a song their fallen singer wrote no less ...

Even Zeppelin did it once with the Cadillac commercial...

Peter Gabriel....

They're all pretty much doing it...

It's the world we now live in... I just hope the new Aerosmith album doesn't stink..

I miss Frank Zappa..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The band parts in the video look awesome :superman:, the song has some good parts, and it's growing on me, at first it was like meh... I don't like the Leeegeeendarrryyyy Chiiillllllllldddd part, but the same happened with Sweet Emotion first, and after a few listens I started to sing along :bubble:.

"Wanton Song" resemblance, meaning an octave riff? Similar, yes, but a rip off/copy? Hardly. Also, so much for this being the first Aerosmith album since Done with Mirrors to not use outside songwriters :rolleyes:. I am still looking forward to this album though. I don't know if I like the video, the band shots are awesome. Hopefully Tyler can stay clean this time around.

Aerosmith being on American Idol...well you can see it as selling out but Tyler has found a way to keep himself relevant in 2012. I can't say the same for the rest of the band. This isn't the 70's any more, you can't get by just playing concerts and having your music on the radio unless you are incredibly active.

"Wanton Song" resemblance, meaning an octave riff? Similar, yes, but a rip off/copy? Hardly.

This sounds a little to exactly the same to me. I'm not one to run off and scream plagiarism and I won't hear since I don't think one riff is enough to accuse someone of plagiarism but I bet this was intentional. It sounds almost dead on the same.

I'm not sure if it's the case here but in the past Aerosmith have been known to drop in a nod to another band. Can't think of the song now but it seems like they did a few notes from a Cheap Trick tune on one of their early records and Cheap Trick did the same for Aerosmith on one of their albums. Since they've toured together so much over the years I'm sure it was intentional. As for the new song, I want to like it but it sounds a bit like Aerosmith painting by the numbers. Pretty nice try though. In some cases it may just be impossible to go home again...

"After some long, hard thoughts, I've decided it's time for me to let go of my mistress American Idol before she boils my rabbit. I strayed from my first love, Aerosmith, and I'm back – but instead of begging on my hands and knees, I got two fists in the air and I'm kicking the door open with my band. The next few years are going to be dedicated to kicking some serious ass – the ultimate in auditory takeover."

"Idol was over the top fun, and I loved every minute of it," Tyler added. "Now it's time to bring rock back."

So much for that then. As far as WS goes, I can see similarities, but not plagiarism, and it all revolves around that octave riff. I don't know if I'm digging the whole movie theme that this album seems to have...

I don't know if I'm digging the whole movie theme that this album seems to have...

How do you get that it has a "movie theme"? The cover is obviously inspired by Godzilla but beyond that I don't get that impression from any of the song titles. And, as far as I know, "Legendary Child" is the only song from the record that's been released so far.

The movie poster like artwork, the title of the album, and the intro to the video. I guess that's it, but it is enough to give me the impression. As far as the music is concerned though, from what I can tell there's no movie theme. I personally just don't like the direction that the marketing/presentation seems to be going.

It's pretty obvious from the intro to the video and the video itself that they plan to tie all of the subsequent videos together. I don't take that to mean the album itself has a "movie theme" and even if it does, one can just listen to the music itself if they so chose. The rest is all marketing. Considering Aerosmith built a great deal of their latter day fanbase on the strength of their presence on MTV it really comes as no surprise that they're continuing to use videos as a huge part of selling themselves.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Ok, somebody's gotta agree with me: they sounded way better on dope than now. Not saying they are bad, but the 70's stuff up to Down the Line is just completly flawless. I love Aerosmith until 1978 when it started sounding a tick worst. Anyway, most of the bands that were popular in the 70's and are still today, sounded way better back then, same goes for ACDC, but that's another thing.

Archived