Beck or Clapton and why

Jeff Beck ... any day of the week

1) He's much more experimental.

2) I like his songs better.

3) I like his solos better.

4) Beck is very respectful towards Page... this matters a great deal to me.. the three of them are linked.

Page is very respectful towards Beck and Clapton...

Beck is very respectful towards Page and Clapton...

Clapton is respectful towards Jeff Beck..

I'd love to be proven wrong here.,, but I've never heard Clapton say anything complimentary towards Jimmy.

5) Most of Eric Clapton's material bores me to tears.

I think Clapton has a great voice though.. but guitar wise out of the 3 ... for me Eric Clapton is a distant 3rd.

I think Beck is the better guitarist, but taking into consideration their whole body of work; I lean towards Clapton.

I was going to say this exact same thing. Well said.

^ I agree with you 100% there Chase. Jeff Beck, any time or day (hands down). I think his Truth and Blow by Blow albums are some of the best rock/fusion guitar work ever recorded. As for Clapton, his style never grabbed me and actually he's quite a boring player IMO. To me alot of his solo's tend to stay in the same realm of taste and approach. As a songwriter, I think Clapton wrote more appealing radio friendly material, no doubt, but as a guitar player in general Beck was much more interesting to listen too and far more versatile/creative.

Give Jam Sandwich a listen from DW 2 (that's Page's ode to Jeff Beck rock/fusion) It sounds just like em' - great stuff!

Clapton.... One... worked with Page.... Two... just soooooooooooooooooooo much more feeling...Why I love Zep. ................... true music... the feeling behind the songs... and that's Clapton

Beck also worked with Page. If you have a record player I strongly recommend an LP called Guitar Boogie. It's the three of them playing with one another and it's great. :thumbsup:

I personally agree that Jeff is the better guitarist in my opinion but I think some cream stuff better than what ive heard

From Jeff, and I think if Jeff ever got into a good band with a great singer drummer and bassist he would be much more

legendary than Eric, and the only time I've heard of Eric doing to jimmy positively is recommending him to the yardbirds.

Obviously Jimmy was my favorite yardbirds guitarist

Beck. Beck is interesting, Clapton isn't. Basically.

Completely agree. Clapton hasn't been interesting, for me, since the late 80's.

Beck, everytime I watch him he blows me away with something new and different. The performance of Immigrant Song with Jimmy, for example.

I love Clapton for the fact that he is one of the best blues guitarist. He walked away from a few great bands to stick with what he has a passion for.

But, BECK is just simply amazing IMHO. He is one of the greatest that stuck to what he wanted to do...and he does it ALL so very well.

I love them both, but live, hands down Mr. Jeff Beck!

At least they are both still out performing and packing the houses :peace:

Jeff Beck for sheer technical ability,originality and overall a much greater range of style. As much as I love ECs work Beck wins hands down for me. So I'll take Blow by Blow over August for example anyday.

Archived