Would You Pay £1000 to £3000 For A Ticket?

jcm

I have been a LZ fan since my university days in the early 70's ( attended the Earls Court concert).

If someone offered you a ticket for £1000 - £3000 would you pay if you could afford it?

I am not sure I would.

John

I have been a LZ fan since my university days in the early 70's ( attended the Earls Court concert).

If someone offered you a ticket for £1000 - £3000 would you pay if you could afford it?

I am not sure I would.

John

Well I've got a single ticket, but if I was brutally honest, if someone offered me that kind of cash and the ticket was actually transferrable (which it aint) I'd be sorely tempted. Especially as there is talk of a tour.

Didn't someone pay £82k for a pair of tickets? Or was that tabloid rubbish.

I am not sure I would.

John

Well, since you've seen them already, it makes it easier for you to say no to that. For those of us who never did, that's a tough call. I'd be coming from the states, so the cost of the ticket is only part of the total cost it would take for me to get there, so 5KUSD for a ticket + Airfare ($600) + Lodging (~$300??) would buy me a ticket and, most certainly, a Divorce!!

I am not sure I would.

John

If I could afford it, then YES. B) I would do anything to see them live!

Well I've got a single ticket, but if I was brutally honest, if someone offered me that kind of cash and the ticket was actually transferrable (which it aint) I'd be sorely tempted. Especially as there is talk of a tour.

Didn't someone pay £82k for a pair of tickets? Or was that tabloid rubbish.

No, someone DID pay £83,000 for 2 tickets on the BBC Childen In Need Auction. Crazy!!

Someone paid £26,223.00 on Ebay for 2 tix provided by Jimmy Page, but you do get to go to the after show party!

If I were rich I would be happy to pay silly money for this gig, luckily I got tix in the ballot.

Cheers

Warby

I am paying a fair bit to get in. It'll hurt financially for a few months (it'll hurt physically for a lot longer if the missus finds out how much... :P ) but I cannot miss it. The memories will last forever and I'll finally be part of that hard to join 'I've seen led Zeppelin' club!

I am not sure I would.

John

My limit is $500 to $600 US$ for Zepp.

..maybe they will do a special 3 date affair at MSG, sort of like what Cream did a few years back. A few dates at Royal Albert, MSG, maybe Los Angelas.

Why do all these rehearsals for one show, lauch a website(thanks by the way), these recent releases, going digitial...sounds suspicious to me. Is the genie out of bottle yet?

I love Zepp, but in all honesty the thought of even £125 is outrageous-maybe that makes me Led Wallet 2-but the amounts of money supposedly flying about for the show is vulgar

Couldn't agree more. I know the cost of the ticket stopped me from entering the ballot never mind travelling costs etc.

The Children in Need auction tickets are ot only for the show but also the after show party and the soundcheck the day before the gig, or so I was told at the weekend.

Up till now, the most I have paid to see Zeppelin is $8.50. This will be the eighth, and probably last, time since 1971 that my wife and I will go to a Zep concert and yes would probably pay a lot more than we just did. It will be our first Zep concert since we were married in 1978, and the first time seeing them somewhere other than the Forum or Long Beach Arena, so that will be different.

We are pretty fu#*in excited and since October second it's been like one long eternal Christmas Eve waiting for this. If I had never seen them in concert I would probably pay a few thousand a seat without question, because this would be a once in a lifetime event.

(We will be spending a week in London, and the price of these tickets won't compare to what my wife will do to my wallet in seven days.) :o

That would be about as reasonable as paying a million dollars for a ticket, because if I had that kind of money and a ticket were available, Hell Yeah I would in a minute!!

For Sam...

I hope you and your wife have a grand time at The Concert!!!!!!!!

($8.50 a ticket.... :blink: man, what a deal you got!!)

On our current budget, we'de never be able to afford it. We were picked from the lottery & are privliged enough to be able to attend this once in a lifetime reunion / tribute concert. However the date change costed us an extra $800 US funds. Ouch! We only live once. We love Led Zeppelin's music.

However to more cash you have, the more you spend. If we had the cash, we'de spend it. It's not about the money. It's about what makes us happy...........You can't put a price on that! That's priceless!

Archived