Euro 2012 Some good matches this week

LedZeppfan77

Man! Was that Germany vs Denmark match intense!! I loved the 1st half especially with both teams scoring within 5 minutes of each other! I actually thought that the result was going to remain 1-1 and thought to myself, well, luckily Germany needs just a draw to qualify for the Quarter-Finals and just needs to keep Denmark from scoring. Thank goodness Germany did way more than that and scored another goal in the second half :yay:

I must admit that I am pretty disappointed that Holland crashed out of the Euro 2012 contest today! Oh well! I guess Portugal was the better team here!

^^^

They better...I'm wearing my lucky Ireland shirt. :rolleyes:

O Herr Schtreider, ich glaube du bist ein echter Troll

I'm many things and I get that I rub some people the wrong way...but a troll?

Mein Irisch Kind, wo weilest du?

I'm at the Laundromat washing my clothes.

SIEG! SIEG! SIEG!

Let us hope! It's still early but at least they've advanced out of the Group of Death.

My tentacles are talking to me: Croatia to provide the shock of the tournament so far later today, when they beat Spain...and Italy beat Ireland, thereby knocking out the terminally dull Spanish.

Adios!

i think you are on to something here. I took a light shot with Croatia and put them with Italy. I have France, Germany and England down already. Get in early before the lines go up. I believe too that Croatia could pull the upset. I am scared of one game and have no opinon. The Portugal vs Czech game? I am fearfull Portugal may be a bit celebrating that huge win over the Netherlands and take this next one lightly? What do you all think?

That Spanish goal was ridiculous.. They were all looking for the offsides so the goalie stopped playing

It sure was. How the hell does a team break down like that knowing damn well the Spaniards were coming in force to score that goal? They should have just kep the ball out. Stupid goal. And Spain was blessed that their goalie saved them on two that I thought were in.

Spain don't have a defence any more. If we make it through and play them, we will fuck them up, good and proper.

Mark my words, and remember where you heard it first.

Our pick of a possible Croatia upset was right on the money. We did not forsee two incredible saves by the Spanish goalie to save the day. Spain will get whacked by someone. I suspect Germany is going to be darn tough. The sleeper is Portugal. No doubt. But France and England are both with big shots. I do know France controlled the play vs England, England is a team that is a quick strike, long balll type of catch you off gaurd type attack. Not the methodical take you apart style like that of Spain or France.

That header England scored on vs Sweden was one of the best you will ever witness

:rolleyes:

Dude, the final group-stage games are always played at the same time, so that none of the teams has an advantage in knowing what result they need.

Didn't you notice this over the past 3 days, or in the last World Cup? Maybe not. I guess 'perspective' is very different in Med-ville :lol:

You are a real wisenheimer. Your bullshit aside, this is a big day. France and England I believe should both prevail. Dont tell me there is no score board watching in your soccer. In this day and age of technology and smart phones they probably have one in their pockets on the field. Over and out from med-ville.

GO ENGLAND!!! GO FRANCE!!!! :drunk:

What's wrong with them? They're shit, that's what. Rooney had better redeem himself after missing that header. Carroll woulda buried it.

As for pocket scoreboards Rick, the point is that anything can change during the game. Of course they get messages during the game, from the crowd if not from the touchline. But if one game was played first, the teams who played later would be at an advantage. For example, if England knew before the game that France had lost, they wouldn't even try to win, and would play a flat back ten - which at the moment might be their best option, because their attack tonight is about as savage as a dead sheep.

Any clearer now?

Well Rooney came through but even larger was John Terry's "leg of God?" save? Unreal. We are blessed. That fucker was in. we dodged a bullet for now. I have to survive another thirty minutes of this shit. Where is the fucking defense? out to lunch? Can you believe we got away with that shit?

Looked just over the line to me but then again there was a clear offside in the buildup(and another one minutes before that with the header) that wasnt called so I wouldnt really say it was "lucky".

Ukraine played well and I think we've seen agenst France that the Swedes(espeically ibrahimovic) played very well in that second half too.

A duller spectacular as I've witnessed since Chas & Dave at Knebworth. Roy's comments before the game of "we will attack Ukraine" were obviously for the media and clearly not the players. I couldn't wait for the half time whistle for the ads to come on. And it didn't get any better in the second half. We were very very lucky. With that set up we have not a hope in progressing. OK the defence was sound but just how many passes went forward? Again,England bored the opposition with lacklustre possession which will go severly punished by another team. I mean when Walcott came on for the invisible Milner, he got not one pass. Tell me please if you were doubtful for the game with a hamstring tightening, why oh why do you risk further injury if no one is going to give you the ball? And Rooney. Please! Stevie Wonder could have scored the goal. All the headlines will be "Rooney's back" blah blah blah.

I am hardly going to relish the quarter final on Sunday especially against a defence minded team like Italy. I predict a wet sunday in January 0-0 draw - even after extra time with England going out on penalties as Milner passes the ball back to Terry instead of striking it towards Buffoon from 12 yards!

Dumb bastards

In conclusion Italy were the better side by far. They deserved to win. My England i'm afraid you just were not good enough...Here's hoping to better World Cup in two years time.

Archived