Sky Watch

betteremily

No , I can't understand because no one the forum has ridiculed you. I am simply stating that the post you believe offer evidence for your topics of discussion my also lead to disprove your point of view. All my post say is that when there is issues with evidence and drawing a proper conclusion more investigation is in order. Your accusation that somebody interferes with your belief is an infantile assertion.

Maybe you need a lesson in how religion hampered scientific development. The Roman Catholic church for years stifled development of proper investigation because it did not fit with view. Galileo had to denounce his ideas of celestial movement. A helio centric model of the heavens was denied when today we value it as truth. Just because you believ doesn't give you the right to say yo are being attacked. Isn't your view becoming as tyrrinical as the institutions you rail against?

Without critical debate and advancement of thought through proper channels, we will remain in darkness. Science can't explain everything but don't deny it's ability to examine rightful course of investigation.

When you champion a hoax you are either a fraud or have been defrauded. Don't allow this chicanery to go unchecked

i will try one more time to get you to understand, if you don't, then i am just going to leave it. i'm sure nobody wants to read anymore about this ( sorry everyone ).

please stop with the labelling ie kooks etc, please stop calling it bs etc. what i believe in has not been proven, but i still believe. you know, like people believe in the unproven bible. i am all for scientific proof - either way. where the hell did i say otherwise! don't put words in my mouth!

of course you have the freedom of speech, no question of that.

all i am asking of you, black dawg, is not much, just simple manners and some sensitivity.

:)

i will try one more time to get you to understand, if you don't, then i am just going to leave it. i'm sure nobody wants to read anymore about this ( sorry everyone ).

please stop with the labelling ie kooks etc, please stop calling it bs etc. what i believe in has not been proven, but i still believe. you know, like people believe in the unproven bible. i am all for scientific proof - either way. where the hell did i say otherwise! don't put words in my mouth!

of course you have the freedom of speech, no question of that.

all i am asking of you, black dawg, is not much, just simple manners and some sensitivity.

:)

Oh to the contrary. I did not put words in your mouth. My post says nothing to demean you. There is no reverence to kooks. I have refrained from belittling your beliefs since you ask me previously. I offer justifiable scientific inquiry as a way to observe the unknown and cited a case where popular religion has yielded to the process. Can you please tell me how basing my observations and conclusions on scientific process is insensitive? I don't know what types of manners you are claiming exist in this format but you constant claims of personal attacks is getting old. .

Oh to the contrary. I did not put words in your mouth. My post says nothing to demean you. There is no reverence to kooks. I have refrained from belittling your beliefs since you ask me previously. I offer justifiable scientific inquiry as a way to observe the unknown and cited a case where popular religion has yielded to the process. Can you please tell me how basing my observations and conclusions on scientific process is insensitive? I don't know what types of manners you are claiming exist in this format but you constant claims of personal attacks is getting old. .

. When their beliefs( and I mean beliefs) are questioned they cry foul. Much like the kooks that take fuzzy phone films post it and then claim they've found evidence. And how dare you question or poke fun at their naivetyi'

Edited by slave to zep

. When their beliefs( and I mean beliefs) are questioned they cry foul. Much like the kooks that take fuzzy phone films post it and then claim they've found evidence. And how dare you question or poke fun at their naivetyi'

I have explained that I have refrained from referencing kooks since You asked me not to. So you go back to an old post prior to your request. That's brilliant. I don't really think you are capable of an intellectual debate . The only thing you are interested in is post that agree with your point of view. What I am saying is your reasoning is not intellectually sound. A blatant miss interpertion of evidence can only mean that you accept ' the it has to be a ufo explanation.' That's not really a valid argument. Everytime there appears to be something in the sky that is unexplained does not mean we are dealing with aliens. Why is that you have such limited capacity for acceptance of being wrong? Why is it that you UFO fancy types immediately jump to the same conclusion?

Edited by Black Dawg

I have explained that I have refrained from referencing kooks since You asked me not to. So you go back to an old post prior to your request. That's brilliant. I don't really think you are capable of an intellectual debate . The only thing you are interested in is post that agree with your point of view. What I am saying is your reasoning is not intellectually sound. A blatant miss interpertion of evidence can only mean that you accept ' the it has to be a ufo explanation.' That's not really a valid argument. Everytime there appears to be something in the sky that is unexplained does not mean we are dealing with aliens. Why is that you have such limited capacity for acceptance of being wrong? Why is it that you UFO fancy types immediately jump to the same conclusion?

omg! POT. KETTLE. BLACK!!!

i think it is quite possible there are extremophiles living under the surface of mars, but intelligent life? maybe not. at least not at the present.

The article makes no mention of intelligent life. That's quite a stretch.

Maybe you're confused by the Tim Burton movie from 1996 that explores this concept.

Intelligent discourse involves sticking to specifics, Not meandering through generalities. HTF are people going to keep track, if you continue to go down a path and nobody knows WTF you are talking about.

mate, you have a problem, nobody else would make the leaps you do about my posts. i thought i would comment on your post, and have a conversation with you, or whoever else joined in. i can see now you are not willing to do that, at least not with me.

you are making yourself sound very silly and argumentative. trying to bait me into an argument with you, but it wont work.

have a nice day, i am off to work now, with other intelligent life ..... :)

edited to add :)

Edited by slave to zep

i found this clip. quite interesting.

You still have the argument "how do you get something from nothiing? " How would you classify there to be a divisioin of two vacuum's in empty space? There has to be a "divider". So I am not buying into this with the studying of astronomy I did in college. For the record I recieved an A (4.0) so I do have a formal education on the subject. Moving forward, I am very skeptical of the big bang's beginning. I know there is evidence to support expansion to some degree and we certainly know the makeup and aging process of stars. Scary in itself knowing our own Sun is in fact a star.

Here is a book worth buying http://books.google.com/books?id=t6rbeC13t6AC&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=false

Horizons by Micheal Seeds

Edited by LedZeppfan77

You still have the argument "how do you get something from nothiing? " How would you classify there to be a divisioin of two vacuum's in empty space? There has to be a "divider". So I am not buying into this with the studying of astronomy I did in college. For the record I recieved an A (4.0) so I do have a formal education on the subject. Moving forward, I am very skeptical of the big bang's beginning. I know there is evidence to support expansion to some degree and we certainly know the makeup and aging process of stars. Scary in itself knowing our own Sun is in fact a star.

Here is a book worth buying http://books.google.com/books?id=t6rbeC13t6AC&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=false

Horizons by Micheal Seeds

The String theory is was divised to account for the fact that the accepted model, Einstein's equation does not fit black holes. What the string theory states is then there must be an alternative universe that has different rules. It is all hypothetical and needs a shitload of work on the model to be considered valid.

Maybe your 4.0 mind can shed a litte light on the likelihood of intelligent life. What say you Rick?