Sky Watch

betteremily

hey, COOL! don't forget to look up ...... :)

have you heard of the Roswell stone? I only just found out about it. Maybe you could find out where the guy lives that owns it, and have a look!

I just heard about the stone this year, on the new In Search of show with that dude with the hair...lol....great episode. They did some extensive testing on it.

Interesting stuff here.

I've seen a few very strange things up in the sky so I'm very open minded.

I believe in other beings and also I believe that a lot of ufo's are also man made as well.

A mixture of both.

I havent had time to watch your vids yet stz but I will. :)

Cheers

Interesting stuff here.

I've seen a few very strange things up in the sky so I'm very open minded.

I believe in other beings and also I believe that a lot of ufo's are also man made as well.

A mixture of both.

I havent had time to watch your vids yet stz but I will. :)

Cheers

oh yes, I am sure that the vast majority are man made, but there's just that few ...... ?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, for anybody interested, there is a total eclipse of the moon today, :)

Australia:
Wednesday's lunar eclipse will create a 'blood' moon
WHEN TO WATCH (local times):

NSW/ACT/VIC/TAS: Eclipse begins 8.15pm, total eclipse 9.25pm-10.25pm, eclipse ends 11.35pm. QLD: minus one hour for all times

SA: Eclipse starts 7.45pm, total eclipse 8.55pm-9.55pm, eclipse ends 11.05pm. NT: minus one hour for all times

WA: Moon rises at 6.19pm, total eclipse 6.25pm-7.25pm, eclipse ends 8.35pm.

http://www.news.com.au/national/total-lunar-eclipse-to-glow-red-across-australia/story-fncynjr2-1227081267533

USA:
Lunar eclipse tonight may highlight Draconid meteor shower
Total eclipse starts at 3:15 a.m. PT (6:15 a.m. ET) on Wednesday

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/lunar-eclipse-tonight-may-highlight-draconid-meteor-shower-1.2789359

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone see the eclipse the other day?

No, unfortunately I missed it.

I've just been reading through this thread, and it reminds me of a conversation I once had with my astronomy professor at university. He tried to explain to me that the universe is similar to an inflatable balloon that is constantly being blown up. Each galaxy-cluster is a point on the balloon's surface, and as the balloon (universe) continues to expand ever-further outward, the galaxy-clusters, in turn, continue to simultaneously move both further outwards and further apart from each other. Also, as the matter and energy in the universe continues to expand outward, it creates it's own space-time. This is the "edge" of the universe, beyond which there is nothing at all -- not even empty space.

Edited by Pagefan55

No, unfortunately I missed it.

I've just been reading through this thread, and it reminds me of a conversation I once had with my astronomy professor at university. He tried to explain to me that the universe is similar to an inflatable balloon that is constantly being blown up. Each galaxy-cluster is a point on the balloon's surface, and as the balloon (universe) continues to expand ever-further outward, the galaxy-clusters, in turn, continue to simultaneously move both further outwards and further apart from each other. Also, as the matter and energy in the universe continues to expand outward, it creates it's own space-time. This is the "edge" of the universe, beyond which there is nothing at all -- not even empty space.

or maybe there is another universe ...... :)

or maybe there is another universe ...... :)

....or trillions of other universes, all expanding like small balloons and sometimes bumping into each other, lol. It's a mind-boggling concept: Our universe (and others) expanding into a void of absolute nothingness, and in so doing creating the fabric of space-time.

....or trillions of other universes, all expanding like small balloons and sometimes bumping into each other, lol. It's a mind-boggling concept: Our universe (and others) expanding into a void of absolute nothingness, and in so doing creating the fabric of space-time.

an infinity of universes - then there is no empty space....