Sky Watch

betteremily

who knows what the future may bring? i am an optimist when it comes to this stuff. i think it will be more a case of someone/thing will come to us, and teach/help us, rather than us reaching anyone else. some other civilization that is millions of years ahead of us already .....

I respectfully disagree and I hope you are right and I am wrong I think. As long as "they come in peace". They would be restricted by the same laws of physics that bind us, space, time included. Even if they could travel at the speed of light, they would have to be very advanced and why have they not been here by now? They are either too far or do not exist. The state of our sun would always be a worry and its something we have no control over. We have no control over anything in outer space.

I respectfully disagree and I hope you are right and I am wrong I think. As long as "they come in peace". They would be restricted by the same laws of physics that bind us, space, time included. Even if they could travel at the speed of light, they would have to be very advanced and why have they not been here by now? They are either too far or do not exist. The state of our sun would always be a worry and its something we have no control over. We have no control over anything in outer space.

i really think you need to broaden your mind to think about what MILLIONS of years of evolution may have allowed another civilization to conquer ... i say this not trying to be rude, i really am not, just hoping you will understand the way i ( and many others ) think :)

why haven't they been here by now?

1:: who says they haven't?

and

2: if they haven't visited us yet, maybe they haven't been over this way yet, or have no interest in us, ? maybe they are busy in another part of the universe ... it's very BIG!

like you said, we have no control .... :)

p.s. loving these chats! :)

i really think you need to broaden your mind to think about what MILLIONS of years of evolution may have allowed another civilization to conquer ... i say this not trying to be rude, i really am not, just hoping you will understand the way i ( and many others ) think :)

why haven't they been here by now?

1:: who says they haven't?

and

2: if they haven't visited us yet, maybe they haven't been over this way yet, or have no interest in us, ? maybe they are busy in another part of the universe ... it's very BIG!

like you said, we have no control .... :)

p.s. loving these chats! :)

If they know we are here, and know we have the capability to fly a ship to the moon, why would they not have at least said hello? Because they have not been here Slave to Zep. I believe God has been here. But I do not believe aliens have. I believe there is life out there somewhere, but too far, and not intelligent within striking distance of our planet. Remember, to reach the nearest star beyond our sun, traveling at half the speed of light, (impossible at this time), it would take 40 years to get there!!! Is that not just disheartening in itself?

Just to remind, distance in space is measured in astronomical units. One astronomical unit equals the distance from the Earth to the Sun. Approx 93 million miles.

Edited by LedZeppfan77

If they know we are here, and know we have the capability to fly a ship to the moon, why would they not have at least said hello? Because they have not been here Slave to Zep. I believe God has been here. But I do not believe aliens have. I believe there is life out there somewhere, but too far, and not intelligent within striking distance of our planet. Remember, to reach the nearest star beyond our sun, traveling at half the speed of light, (impossible at this time), it would take 40 years to get there!!! Is that not just disheartening in itself?

Just to remind, distance in space is measured in astronomical units. One astronomical unit equals the distance from the Earth to the Sun. Approx 93 million miles.

it's ok, we can agree to disagree on this :)

you are still thinking in the present, try to think 10 million years ahead .... i know, it is impossible to think about!

i believe they have been here before, and that the god most people refer to, and i mean all gods, were visitors from another place, but not the magical "heaven ", just the cosmos. :)

it's ok, we can agree to disagree on this :)

you are still thinking in the present, try to think 10 million years ahead .... i know, it is impossible to think about!

i believe they have been here before, and that the god most people refer to, and i mean all gods, were visitors from another place, but not the magical "heaven ", just the cosmos. :)

If I think millions of years ahead, I do not see this planet surviving that long. But I could be wrong. But I doubt it because the sun would probably not survive that long. If I must mix religion and science, I am a believer in science and I also believe that Jesus is the son of God. Both can indeed be true and I am certain that they are. I do not believe aliens have been here. Not at all.

If I think millions of years ahead, I do not see this planet surviving that long. But I could be wrong. But I doubt it because the sun would probably not survive that long. If I must mix religion and science, I am a believer in science and I also believe that Jesus is the son of God. Both can indeed be true and I am certain that they are. I do not believe aliens have been here. Not at all.

when i said to think millions of years ahead, i meant that there may be other civilizations that far ahead of us in their evolution. :)

that's ok, it's good to be skeptical sometimes.

very often, i'm too gullible! :)

I have often gazed at the stars and wondered what is out there? How far could I go if I had a ship that could travel at unthinkable speeds? What would we find? Will we ever live to get a signal? When I watched the moonwalk live in 1969 I certainly thought we would have had A manned flight to Mars by now. I am not sure it will ever happen because they may decide, what sense would it make? Mission to Mars was a very good movie.

I have often gazed at the stars and wondered what is out there? How far could I go if I had a ship that could travel at unthinkable speeds? What would we find? Will we ever live to get a signal? When I watched the moonwalk live in 1969 I certainly thought we would have had A manned flight to Mars by now. I am not sure it will ever happen because they may decide, what sense would it make? Mission to Mars was a very good movie.

i was only 7 when the moon landing happened, and we had an old black and white tv, i still remember being blown away. a town nearby was the one who helped transmit the images all over the world ( parkes , n.s.w. )

i was only 7 when the moon landing happened, and we had an old black and white tv, i still remember being blown away. a town nearby was the one who helped transmit the images all over the world ( parkes , n.s.w. )

I remember it very well as I was 12.

Walter Cronkite's two biggest days were that and Kennedy's assasination. Both in the 60's. Days I will never forget

Edited by LedZeppfan77