Trampled Underfoot on draft playlist for Olympics Opening Ceremony

kenog

London 2012 Olympics: the full musical playlist for the Olympic opening ceremony

Captain Algernon Drummond, William Johnson Cory - Eton Boating Song

Elgar, AC Benson - Land of Hope and Glory

The Jam - Going Underground

Muse - Map of the Problematique

Big Ben Chimes

Sex Pistols - God Save the Queen

The Clash - London Calling

Simon May - EastEnders Theme

The Shipping Forecast

Sir Hubert Parry, William Blake - Jerusalem

Elgar - Nimrod

Handel - Arrival of the Queen of Sheba

Eric Coates - Dambusters March

Handel - Music for the Royal Fireworks

Monty Norman - James Bond Theme

Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells

Mike Oldfield - In Dulci Jubilo

Vangelis - Chariots of Fire

BBC News 1954

Arthur Wood - The Archers Theme

Winifred Atwell - Black and White Rag

Sugababes - Push the Button

OMD - Enola Gay

David Rose - The Stripper

Lionel Bart - Food Glorious Food

Irwin Kostal, Richard Sherman, Robert Sherman - Bedknobs and Broomsticks

Rizzle Kicks - When I Was a Youngster

Eric Clapton - Wonderful Tonight

Colin Tully - Gregorys Girl Theme

William Pitt - City Lights

The Who - My Generation

The Rolling Stones - Satisfaction

Millie Small - My Boy Lollipop

The Kinks - All Day and All of the Night

The Beatles - She Loves You

Mud - Tiger Feet

Led Zeppelin - Trampled Under Foot

The Specials - A Message to You Rudy

David Bowie - Starman

Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody

Sex Pistols - Pretty Vacant

Duran Duran - The Reflex

New Order - Blue Monday

Frankie Goes to Hollywood - Relax

Soul II Soul - Back To Life

Happy Mondays - Step On

Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)

The Verve - Bittersweet Symphony

Prodigy - Firestarter

Underworld - Born Slippy

Jaan Kenbrovin, John William Kellette - Im Forever Blowing Bubbles

Blur - Song 2

Dizzee Rascal - Bonkers

Tigerstyle - Nacnha Onda Nei (contains Michael Jackson - Billie Jean, Queen & David Bowie - Under Pressure and Ilaiyaraaja - Naanthaan Ungappanda)

Arctic Monkeys - I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor

Mark Ronson & Amy Winehouse - Valerie

Radiohead - Creep

Muse - Uprising

Kano & Mikey J - Random Antics

Tinie Tempah - Pass Out

MIA - Paper Planes

Coldplay - Viva La Vida

The Chemical Brothers - Galvanize

Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out

Kaiser Chiefs - I Predict a Riot

Roll Deep - Shake a Leg

Adele - Rolling in the Deep

Oasis - The Hindu Times

Oasis - Wonderwall

Emeli Sande - Heaven

William Monk/Henry Francis - Abide With Me

Pink Floyd - Eclipse

The Beatles - The End

The Beatles - Hey Jude

David Bowie - Heroes

Eric Spear - Coronation Street Theme

Ron Grainer - Doctor Who Theme

John Philip Sousa - Monty Python Theme/The Liberty Bell

David Bowie - Absolute Beginners

http://www.telegraph...g-ceremony.html

Edited by Mr E

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Highly doubt it, I think the list is BS. First, you really think they would play the Sex Pistols God Save the Queen? The song was banned in England by both the BBC and IBA for years. Second, who will perform the Beatles song live, two are deceased.

Yeh they will play that as its very much changed in 35 years since the Pistols did it, they are part of our national consciousness and it doesn't come across as it did...so yeh I think it will be played.

^ I can't help but notice your avatar (profile pic) You have a twin here.......Don't worry, you'll see him pop up sooner than later.

Really ? what are the chances of that,it is offensive picture anyway, I shall change it to something more fitting to this forum.

Really ? what are the chances of that,it is offensive picture anyway, I shall change it to something more fitting to this forum.

I can't say that I've really found it offensive. If anything, it's one of the most iconic photographs in the history of music and is a living testament not only to Cash himself and how he never took shit off of anyone but also to the late, great photographer, Jim Marshall.

I can't say that I've really found it offensive. If anything, it's one of the most iconic photographs in the history of music and is a living testament not only to Cash himself and how he never took shit off of anyone but also to the late, great photographer, Jim Marshall.

No but it is a bit low brow on here, can't imagine Jimmy Page doing that, but i guess he is an English Gentleman, although am sure somewhere there will be a photo of him with an offensive pic.

No but it is a bit low brow on here, can't imagine Jimmy Page doing that, but i guess he is an English Gentleman, although am sure somewhere there will be a photo of him with an offensive pic.

I can't say I'd consider it "low brow" in the least, particularly when it's one of the most recognized and honored photographs in the history of music. Hell, even Johnny himself used it in this ad from Billboard back in the 90's when he won a Grammy for his album American Recordings despite the record being shunned by commercial Country radio. It's also rather ironic that someone would refer to the image as "lowbrow" on a Zeppelin site unless you're just not in the know about their extracurricular activities back in the day. It's absolutely tame in comparison.

Johnny%20Cash%20Finger.jpg

I can't say I'd consider it "low brow" in the least, particularly when it's one of the most recognized and honored photographs in the history of music. Hell, even Johnny himself used it in this ad from Billboard back in the 90's when he won a Grammy for his album American Recordings despite the record being shunned by commercial Country radio. It's also rather ironic that someone would refer to the image as "lowbrow" on a Zeppelin site unless you're just not in the know about their extracurricular activities back in the day. It's absolutely tame in comparison.

I would chill, I did have it as my avatar, but decided a bit of decorum was needed as didn't see any other offensive picture on here. There are times and places.

I would chill, I did have it as my avatar, but decided a bit of decorum was needed as didn't see any other offensive picture on here. There are times and places.

Are you offended by this image? If so, you might want to prepare yourself for another board member that posts here quite a bit.

taxi1bloodyfinger1.jpg

Are you offended by this image? If so, you might want to prepare yourself for another board member that posts here quite a bit.

taxi1bloodyfinger1.jpg

No I am not offended by it at all, why ? I said some might be offended by Johnny cash pic, why are you being uptight by it, its your choice to have it and mine to take it down. I am entitled to my opinion about why I took it down.

You seem a little agitated by it all. Right Johnny I am off to talk Zeppelin and this seems to be off topic now.

Hey Major, don't fret. You guys rule with the whole fish & chips not to mention the parlamentary system, Shakespeare, Dr. Dee, Newton, fig newtons, football, and of course, Helen Mirren!!! Now if your country could just find a few dentists, the empire would be complete :beer:

:) nah we don't need dentists, it makes everyone individual with different teeth instead of some countries..(no names) with all the same bright white nashers looking like they are from some madam tussauds museum :)