Portland, OR June 17, 1972 recording

bcledfoot

To quote Luis Rey "Where's the rest"?

Either the taper showed up late (possibly thinking of an opening act which didn't exist) or the first tape was lost. I've never been able to find lower than a 3rd generation recording of this so haven't been able to get close enough to the taper to find out the story. Does anyone know the true reasons behind the missing chunk of this one?

• 2 years later...

Was Zeppelin really a band o gig to go to high on LSD? I enjoy my fair share of controlled substances, but something about Zeppelin & LSD does not compute.

The Dead, DMB, Widespread, Phish, etc. Good to go right ...But I took mushrooms & saw Nirvana in 1993 with Jawbreaker, Mudhoney & Bobcat Gothwait MC'ing in-between sets in Chicago .... bad idea!

I discovered this tape in 1995. A good friend of my recorded it. He arrived late, very high on LSD. It was recorded on a very cheap cassette recorder / player. I have the master tape in my possession.

Was Zeppelin really a band o gig to go to high on LSD? I enjoy my fair share of controlled substances, but something about Zeppelin & LSD does not compute.

The Dead, DMB, Widespread, Phish, etc. Good to go right ...But I took mushrooms & saw Nirvana in 1993 with Jawbreaker, Mudhoney & Bobcat Gothwait MC'ing in-between sets in Chicago .... bad idea!

Probably not the most ideal band to take LSD and go see, seems like it would've been way too crazy! But I don't know, seeing a 30 minute performance of No Quarter (in 1977) would probably be awesome! Or for 1972 a 25 minute performance of Dazed And Confused?! But starting off with Immigrant Song then Heartbreaker!! Did he shit his pants when it started? Hahaha Plants vocals on Immigrant Song probably frightened the hell out of him! Anyway as far as the missing chunk on this tape, I have 0 information to contribute sorry.

Bobcat & shrooms...two things that just do not go well together.

Archived