Led Zeppelin and Religion: A fan's perspective

DAS

In ancient times, Hittites, Mayans and some others practiced human sacrifice, to some god or other that they believed in, not Satan as this was a concept developed initially under Judeo-Christian beliefs that came later. I am aware that there have been serial killers in the US who claimed they were Satanists, but actually had no ties to any Satanic group. I think they thought it would help their criminal defense to claim "the devil made me do it" or maybe they were looking for more publicity. I have no knowledge of human sacrifice performed by any Satanist group.

Hey thanks for answering ScarletMacaw.

Your post makes good sense. :)

As always, it's a pleasure to see you posting here. Many thanks for posting your personal treasure! Hope all is well!

:)

Hi Walter.

Thank you so much fir the kind words. I hope all is well with you too.

All the very best to you.

ZISH.

I've been lurk reading this thread. Most amusing indeed. I feel I must defend the poor beleaguered Satanists. I have great respect for them and their courage to take an active stand for fair religious representation in America. I see most postings are from the UK. I don't know how much of the religious right shenanigans get covered on the BBC. They are constantly belly aching their religious freedoms are being imposed upon when they can't teach make believe for science in public school, can't start government meetings with prayers, can't have their religious laws carved in stone in front of the courthouse..... the list is endless. Satanists call them on their bullsh*t. We have the Satanists to thank for a statute of Baphomet in front of an Oklahoma courthouse and children in a school district in Florida receive a Satanist coloring book. And the best thing they've done is claim religious exemption for adherence to any non-scientifically proven reproductive restrictions

I know a few Temple of Set members. Strangely enough, I find them very similar to my fundamentalist Southern Baptist friends, all gun rights and family values.

I see most postings are from the UK. I don't know how much of the religious right shenanigans get covered on the BBC. They are constantly belly aching their religious freedoms are being imposed upon when they can't teach make believe for science in public school, can't start government meetings with prayers, can't have their religious laws carved in stone in front of the courthouse..... the list is endless.

agree with you, especially given we are both living in central Florida! Lots of bullish!t, far right propaganda going on here. They bitch about everything f*cking up Florida, yet they've been in power for 20+ years - go figure! :blink:

I've been lurk reading this thread. Most amusing indeed. I feel I must defend the poor beleaguered Satanists. I have great respect for them and their courage to take an active stand for fair religious representation in America. I see most postings are from the UK. I don't know how much of the religious right shenanigans get covered on the BBC. They are constantly belly aching their religious freedoms are being imposed upon when they can't teach make believe for science in public school, can't start government meetings with prayers, can't have their religious laws carved in stone in front of the courthouse..... the list is endless. Satanists call them on their bullsh*t. We have the Satanists to thank for a statute of Baphomet in front of an Oklahoma courthouse and children in a school district in Florida receive a Satanist coloring book. And the best thing they've done is claim religious exemption for adherence to any non-scientifically proven reproductive restrictions

I know a few Temple of Set members. Strangely enough, I find them very similar to my fundamentalist Southern Baptist friends, all gun rights and family values.

Temple of Set?

Archived