So you think you know all the Led Zeppelin song titles

ApacheYawner

I wrote this "letter" putting all (or almost all) of Led Zeppelin song titles a few years ago. I previously posted this in another fan web site.See how many song titles you can identify in this letter:

Friends, how many more times are we going to go through the wearing and tearing of a communication breakdown? I'm dazed and confused! I'm gonna crawl to the houses of the holy, over the hills and far away. Hey, hey what can I do? I feel like Moby Dick, a fool in the rain without a living, loving maid to give me a whole lotta love.

Darlene, your time is gonna come in the evening and in the light. You shook me with your Bron-y-Aur stomp, leaving me trampled under foot. I can't quit you baby. Baby come on home. We're gonna groove to the rain song, immigrant song, the lemon song and the wanton song.

The song remains the same. It's nobody's fault but mine, ozone baby. The black country woman and her black dog are ten years gone with the hots on for nowhere. It's what is and what should never be.

I'm going to California on the south bound Suarez night flight, over the black mountain side on the misty mountain hop to search for the stairway to heaven and our d'yer mak'er. That's the way to the Kashmir of our good times and bad times.

I'm sick again with no quarter left in the battle of evermore. I dream of the ocean and being down by the sea side in my time of dying. Babe I'm gonna leave you in the crunge again when the levee breaks. Boogie with Stu and think of our dancing days out on the tiles.

Since I'm loving you, make it a celebration day and not a heartbreaker for your life. Don't settle for tea for one; have four sticks of hot dog, a custard pie and tangerine at the Royal Orleans on Walter's Walk near the candy store rock.

Rock and roll on the carouselambra with its gallows pole in the center. Don't forget to take your hats off to Roy Harper, the rover and his travelling riverside blues.

And thank you for allowing me to ramble on and bring it on home.

All my love,

Poor Tom - the bonzo's montreux on his achilles last stand

I wrote this "letter" putting all (or almost all) of Led Zeppelin song titles a few years ago. I previously posted this in another fan web site.See how many song titles you can identify in this letter:

Friends, how many more times are we going to go through the wearing and tearing of a communication breakdown? I'm dazed and confused! I'm gonna crawl to the houses of the holy, over the hills and far away. Hey, hey what can I do? I feel like Moby Dick, a fool in the rain without a living, loving maid to give me a whole lotta love.

Darlene, your time is gonna come in the evening and in the light. You shook me with your Bron-y-Aur stomp, leaving me trampled under foot. I can't quit you baby. Baby come on home. We're gonna groove to the rain song, immigrant song, the lemon song and the wanton song.

The song remains the same. It's nobody's fault but mine, ozone baby. The black country woman and her black dog are ten years gone with the hots on for nowhere. It's what is and what should never be.

I'm going to California on the south bound Suarez night flight, over the black mountain side on the misty mountain hop to search for the stairway to heaven and our d'yer mak'er. That's the way to the Kashmir of our good times and bad times.

I'm sick again with no quarter left in the battle of evermore. I dream of the ocean and being down by the sea side in my time of dying. Babe I'm gonna leave you in the crunge again when the levee breaks. Boogie with Stu and think of our dancing days out on the tiles.

Since I'm loving you, make it a celebration day and not a heartbreaker for your life. Don't settle for tea for one; have four sticks of hot dog, a custard pie and tangerine at the Royal Orleans on Walter's Walk near the candy store rock.

Rock and roll on the carouselambra with its gallows pole in the center. Don't forget to take your hats off to Roy Harper, the rover and his travelling riverside blues.

All my love,

1. Friends

2. How Many More Times

3. Wearing and Tearing

4. Communication Breakdown

5. Dazed and Confused

6. Houses of the Holy

7. Over the Hills and Far Away

8. Hey, Hey What Can I Do

9. Moby Dick

10. A Fool in the Rain

11. Living Loving Maid

12. Whole Lotta Love

13. Darlene

14. Your Time Is Gonna Come

15. In the Evening

16. In the Light

17. You Shook Me

18. Bron-Y-Aur Stomp

19. Trampled Under Foot

20. I Can't Quit You Baby

21. We're Gonna Grove

22. The Rain Song

23. The Immigrant Song

24. The Lemon Song

25. The Wanton Song

26. The Song Remains the Same

27. It's Nobody's Fault But Mine

28. Ozone Baby

29. Black Country Woman

30. Black Dog

31. Ten Years Gone

32. Hots on For Nowhere

33. What Is and What Should Never Be

34. Going to California

35. South Bound Saurez

36. Night Flight

37. Black Mountain Side

38. Misty Mountain Hop

39. Stairway to Heaven

40. D'yer Mak'er

41. That's the Way

42. Kashmir

43. Good Times Bad Times

44. I'm Sick

45. No Quarter

46. Battle of Evermore

47. The Ocean

48. Down By the Seaside

49. In My Time of Dying

50. Babe I'm Gonna Leave You

51. The Crunge

52. When the Levee Breaks

53. Boggie With Stu

54. Dancing Days

55. Out on the Tiles

56. Since I've Been Loving You

57. Celebration Day

58. Heartbreaker

59. For Your Life

60. Tea for One

61. Four Sticks

62. Hot Dog

63. Custard Pie

64. Tangerine

65. Royal Orleans

66. Walter's Walk

67. Candy Store Rock

68. Rock and Roll

69. Carouselambra

70. Gallows Pole

71. Hats of to Roy Harper

72. The Rover

73. Travelling Riverside Blues

74. Thank You

75. Ramble On

76. Bring it on Home

77. All My Love

78. Bonzo's Montreux

79. Achilles Last Stand

Very impressive letter, and I had fun finding all of those song titles in there!

Welcome to the boards ApacheYawner B)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

That is pretty sweet. I always thought that would be a cool thing to do.

Although, I'm not sure I've heard the song "Since I'm Loving You" ;)

Only joking! very impressive man

and WELCOME (I'm new here myself)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I took a stab at it for fun...Just a short list..

There was a Communication Breakdown I was Dazed and Confused but I Can't Quit You Baby so lets Rock and Roll. I have the Traveling Riverside Blues so lets Ramble On. Its Nobodys Fault but My Own I've been Trampled Underfoot. Heartbreaker Your Time Is Gonna Come Living Loving Maiden. Going To California to see our Friends.Since I've Been Loving You its been Good Times Bad Times and Rock and Roll. You Shook Me Black Country Woman going on a Night Flight.Things are better In the Light even after Ten Years Gone.. got to get some Custard Pie in Kashmir and Whole Lotta Love and go Over the Hills and Far Away In the Evening. All of My Love Darlene and Black Dog.Celebration Day Thats the Way Out On the Tiles.When the Levee Breaks I'm heading for the Misty Mountain Hop for What is and Never Should Be and The Song Remains the Same at the Houses of the Holy where theres always Dancing Days down by the Ocean For Your Life.

• 1 month later...

It should be 84, discounting songs that were recorded live.

Your wrong, count them again - LOL

And why are you saying to discount the songs recorded live? The poster never said to do that.

I'm counting 81 now.

I'm sick again with no quarter left in the battle of evermore. I dream of the ocean and being in my down by the sea side in my ti me of dying. Babe I'm gonna leave you in the crunge again when the levee breaks. Boogie with Stu and think of our dancing days out on the tiles.

All my love,

All underlined!

Are you this dumb? I was talking about the songs they recorded in the studio. It's 84 songs.

You did not specify in your original post, fuckhead!

All I did was count the songs the original poster put in his "letter", that's all. That's the count I came up with.

Poor Tom...

This is a story about one of my closest friends. A truly sad story, yes indeed...

The love of Tom's life, Darlene, made him go insane. She took Tom for his money, his soul, and made him less of a man. "Babe I'm gonna leave you" are the words she utter while walking in through the outdoor, in the evening of September 20, 1980. The sheer presence of Darlene standing in his midst made Tom go insane right before my eyes. I was mistified by what is and what should never be - a woman cheating on her man. You hurt and abuse tellin' all of your lies is what went through my head. I could only imagine what Tom felt, as she bantered about. Darlene was known for the way she would ramble on about things.

Tom gave Darlene rings, pearls, and all. He even baked for her. One of her favorites was custard pie, a dish she loved eating after smoking Acapulco Gold. More importantly, Tom gave Darlene a whole lotta love! Where can a women find the love Tom gave?

Tom and Darlene met in the summer of 1970, in the northwestern region of the Indian subcontinent, called Kashmir. I can't believe ten years gone already... Tom was an engineer, working on a government project. Darlene was a tourist, there on vacation. The dancing days of Kashmir are long gone. These days, Kashmir is filled with tyranny and violence. In the summer of 1970 that wasn't the case.

The Royal Orleans hotel in New Orleans, Louisianna had a hotel in Kashmir called Carouselambra at the time - a houses of the holy if you will. The lobby was open so the patrons of the hotel could feel the Arabian Sea breeze against their face. Palm trees flanked all sides of the exterior. This is where Tom and Darlene first layed eyes on each other. The sheer beauty of Darlene made Tom feel like he'd been trampled underfoot by Muslim monarchs.

Tom and Darlene spent much time down by the seaside of the Arabian Sea. Here they'd sing out hare hare and dance the hoochie koo. The city lights were oh so bright as they went sliding through. It was a celebration day whenever these two were together. These were good times for Tom and Darlene - love at it's most innocent stages.

Tom was very busy engineering a project that would relieve Kashmir from flooding when the levee breaks from the Jammu river. Tom's intense work ethic was causing strain on their almost teenage-like love. Darlene started spending quiet days and evenings alone at the hotel Carouselambra, while ordering tea for one, a hot dog covered in strawberry jam and tangerine fruit. She wondered if it was a communication breakdown on her part, or was Tom not interested anymore. It couldn't have been the latter...

Darlene asked "for my life, for your life, for christ sake, for our life together, can you please give me an ounce of time from your busy schedule? How many more times are you going to do this to me? I give you all my love, and you act as if I mean nothing to you. Have we grown so far apart in the short time we've been together?" Tom's face drew a blank. He made it clear to her that he was there on business first and foremost, and if anything good came out of his trip to Kashmir then that would be an added bonus. Eyes shedding tears, Darlene left the room.

The following day was better for Darlene...

Tom could hear what sounded like rock n roll buzzing from the radio that played inside Darlene's hotel room. Actually, it was music from the candy store rock of the 1950's - high spirited and fun. The music was wearing and tearing the stucco covered walls. Tom knocked on Darlene's hotel door. Darlene opened the door with a sadistic smile brimming from her Sophia Loren like face. Can I help you?, she asked. Tom looking bewildered asked if everything was ok? She grinned and replied "I am not your living loving maid. If that's the way your going to treat me, then you need not bother with me anymore. Tom's conscious getting the better of him, apologized for his wrongdoings.

Little did he know that was to be their coda, their final night in Kashmir together. Darlene was set to take the next night flight out of Kashmir later that night, with her telling herself - babe, I'm gonna leave you...

Morning broke the following day, and to Tom's surprise Darlene was gone. He felt like he had hot's on for nowhere. Frustrated with guilt, Tom repeatedly thought to himself - it's nobody's fault but mine. Tom made a promise to himself that he'd give no quarter in finding his Kashmir love back home.

Tom giving up his engineering project, made plans to immediately fly back to his beloved United States. The United states was torn in half due to the Vietnam war. Much of the country thought that Vietnam was the battle of evermore - a war that had no end.

On the international flight back home, Tom read Herman Melville's 1851 novel "Moby Dick." While reading this classic story about Captain Ahab and his search for the ferocious, enigmatic sperm whale, Tom realizes it's a reflection of his life. He realizes he's going back to the United States to search, to search for his Kashmir love.

Back in the states, feeling refreshed with energy, Tom spent much time listening to the Irish immigrant song "No Irish Need Apply." Tom was able to relate to this Irish song. Afterall, he was back in the states, he was a decent boy, and wanted a situation very bad. That "situation" Tom yearned for was in the form of the black country woman, with Sophia Loren features, named Darlene.

Tom was a music aficionado. He had a passion for the music of Jimi Hendrix, Canned Heat, Small Faces, The Animals, Ten Years After, Grateful Dead and the farely new Led Zeppelin. Blaring from his 67' GTO car stereo, upon his arrival back to the states, were the albums Led Zeppelin, Led Zeppelin II and Led Zeppelin III. The "battle of evermore" war, or Vietnam, had a direct effect on the music world during this time. Peace and flowers were replaced by the sounds of Machine Gun, Crossroads, Time Pilot and Dazed And Confused.

Tom travelled to Darlene's home town of Biloxi, Mississippi. This was definitely the black country. The morbid scenes of gallows pole, fancied by the south's KKK, was felt everywhere. Travelling through this neck of the woods was intimidating for Tom. The locals were so mean toward outsiders, Tom felt he should leave asap.

On the way out of town Tom drove upon an injured black dog in the middle of State Rt. 14. He stopped to check on this black lab. Upon checking the dog for injuries, Tom noticed this black lab had a collar. On the collar was the name Strider. Tom thought this must be the dogs name. Further findings on the dog's collar Tom found an address, and more importantly, the owner's name, Darlene. Tom paused...Wondered...Could this be? If it is, "I'm gonna crawl on my hands and knees and ask for her love and forgiveness", Tom secretly confessed.

On the way to the address of the injured lab's collar, or should I say Strider's collar, the Mississippi humidity caused rain to appear. While driving, all Tom could think about was if this was "his" Darlene, would he be a fool in the rain when he knocked on the door. Travelling south on State Rt. 14, to Tom, this felt like a south bound suarez. Something he hadn't felt since his time spent with Darlene in Kashmir.

Part 2 to follow...

You did not specify in your original post, fuckhead!

All I did was count the songs the original poster put in his "letter", that's all. That's the count I came up with.

Are you fucking insane? I included the two songs that the OP forgot about.

Archived