LZ The Girl I love She Got Long Black Wavy Hair on a 2003 R0 Stinger Demo Brazilian RW FB

jimmyace2006

I think the guitar gets a decent Pagey tone. What do you think? Of course, due to the youtube police, you may have to try to play the video from more than one site! I must make the usual caveat. I just learned this one by ear within the last 3 weeks (i.e., I could have learned parts of it wrong). Before that, it had been about 3 months since the last time I played....so I am a little rusty.

In the first video, I removed Page's solo by replacing that part of the backing track with the intro. That way you can hear just my solo during the solo. (I play on top of Page during the rhythm parts.) In the second video, I included Page's solo, but I put my guitar's track in the left side of the balance and I put the backing track in the right side. So instead of playing on top of Page, they are now side by side.

So does the Stinger sound a little Pagey with those vintage pots & PAFs?

http://www.metacafe.com/fplayer/8705753/version_2_the_girl_i_love_she_got_long_black_wavy_hair_on_a_2003.swf

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I think the guitar gets a decent Pagey tone. What do you think? <snip> I just learned this one by ear within the last 3 weeks (i.e., I could have learned parts of it wrong). Before that, it had been about 3 months since the last time I played....so I am a little rusty.

:o

That is a phenomenal performance. I think the tone sounds right on, and great job on the solo. If this is you rusty, I wonder what its like when you're well practiced...

Archived