08 tour confirmed...

TJW.88

Personally I LOVE the Cult, theyre an amazing band and so the prospect of a Led Zeppelin tour with the Cult supporting is orgasmic for me. This could also fit in nicely with the story about them playing Glastonbury although I'd hate it if their only UK gig was at Glastonbury.

We've heard it all before though and Robert has pulled out of reunions at the last minute before so what says he won't again? He's supposed to be touring with Krauss anyway so theres a clash but a LZ tour would be 1000000000000000000000 times better. Maybe Ian was just joking and if they were picked for a Zeppelin tour theyd probably have to sign the official secrets act.

Oh and...

If there is a tour TICKET ALLOCATION BETTER NOT BE BY F***IN BALLOT!!!!!!

dont worry about the ballot,, you will be able to buy all you want from the scalpers and touting agencys!!

We can only hope... Robert and Jimmy and John Paul and Jason will sit around the pub one evening, and say why don't we give the fans what they've longed for and what we know we can deliver....

Haha, I started to imagine them liquoring up Robert and getting him to sign a legally binding contract for a tour :lol:

Damn, I wish Ev was here so I knew what to believe...

I'm sure Ev will be visiting soon.....:)

As to what to believe.......well, unless any news is confirmed from the band's reps or the guys themselves or those in the know, just take everything currently written about out there with a smigden of salt. B)

Well, the old site was there even before the thoughts of 02 came about.......and with the new releases (TSRTS, Mothership) and LZ on Itunes, it's not a such a surprise to me why this site was updated.

Yeah, the new site is not some predictor of a tour. Crimanently.

How about this rumour then.

Led zeppelin AND Pink Floyd to hedline at Glastonbury and then a 3 week run at Earls Court.

Yes Both bands who are true masters of their art.

Its almost as crazy as The Cult rumour, and Nick Mason will be playing with The Zeppelin

Yeah, and Roy Harper is the opening act.

My hope is that they do a world tour, but I will not get my hopes up.

This is the same thing as always, JP is open to the idea of reforming and touring, while RP is not so open to it.

Does LZ really NEED an opening act??? Hardly.

Let's just take Jimmy at his word that they'll see where they are and how they feel after the concert on Dec. 10. I'm not getting my hopes up. But if they did say, "OK, we'll tour," I'm within a few hours of some major tour destination possibilities, so I'd break the bank trying to catch them more than once. But again, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Yeah but they didnt need to update the site, everybody knew about TSRTS and Mothership had its own website theyll be countless advertising as well. Also, adding this forum was not needed but somebody decided it was.

This is the dumbest thing to say. "Everybody knew about it" did they? Everyone who is a big Led Zep fan, of course, but that is only a small portion of the potential market. Gotta get the word out there and maintaining a website is pretty cheap.

The site before was seriously lacking in features anyway and it is a good thing there is finally an 'official' place for fans to gather on the net.

I think that the updated site, all these interviews etc etc lead to the conclusion that the surviving Led Zep members are excited about the upcoming show and are interesting in producing new releases for the fans. There has never been a more promising time for a Led Zep reunion. If ever there will be one, it will be now. But does that mean it will happen? 6 months ago plenty of people would have said the 10/12 show wouldn't happen, but here we are.

This is the dumbest thing to say. "Everybody knew about it" did they? Everyone who is a big Led Zep fan, of course, but that is only a small portion of the potential market. Gotta get the word out there and maintaining a website is pretty cheap.

The site before was seriously lacking in features anyway and it is a good thing there is finally an 'official' place for fans to gather on the net.

I think that the updated site, all these interviews etc etc lead to the conclusion that the surviving Led Zep members are excited about the upcoming show and are interesting in producing new releases for the fans. There has never been a more promising time for a Led Zep reunion. If ever there will be one, it will be now. But does that mean it will happen? 6 months ago plenty of people would have said the 10/12 show wouldn't happen, but here we are.

you are right....i mean why this forum if the 10/12 show was gonna be the only thing in their plans ???

Well i for one hope that there will be a ballot, with stricter rules than we've had for the o2 gig. NOBODY should be able to buy a ticket to sell at an inflated price that will deprive the less well off from being able to attend.

I agree. A less onerous method would be the Glastonbury approach, where a photo of the ticket bearer is printed on the ticket.

Or to solve the problems had with the ballot recently, make it first come first served, but when you buy the ticket, you have to give the full name of the person who that ticket is for. Thus if you buy 4 tickets you have to give 4 names, which are printed on the ticket and ID required at the door.

Any other ideas?

Until I actually see them up on a stage together that's not the O2 Arena, I will not put any credence to this 'rumour'...

A probably drunk singer yelling out to a crowd in the middle of a show is hardly "confirmation"...

Until I actually see them up on a stage together that's not the O2 Arena, I will not put any credence to this 'rumour'...

A probably drunk singer yelling out to a crowd in the middle of a show is hardly "confirmation"...

Too funny. I hope it's true though. And did Bonham tour with the Cult?... I'm trying to remember.

Just look at what Page said...

"It's a bit silly (for only one date) because there is such a massive demand," he said of the band’s upcoming performance at the O2 Arena in London. "It is a bit selfish to do just one show. If that is it we probably shouldn't have taken the genie out of the bottle."

Why would he say that if there wasnt a tour??

Archived